Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

jay0109 wrote:
    Emmmm...No!

Aaron Byrne, U21 footballer of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Wow. That is a serious lump of change. What year is that since?

I'm assuming 2010 when tickets.ie took over from Ticketb4stard.

The account itself lists every game I've had an order in for since 2014...

This is the earliest order available:

QHABX 24/06/14
    11:36 AM Leinster SFC Semi Finals - Dublin v Wexford & Kildare v Meath
    29/06/14 16:00 PM 2 EUR 30.00 Past

Halcyon days... little did we know what woudl befall us a few weeks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

Logged into my tickets.ie account to check my tickets for the final and looks like I'm in 305PP. BOOM!

Fantastic, had no idea the seasontickets.ie was actually linked to the tickets.ie website so well that the login was interchangeable- that's brilliant, 706 for myself- thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'm assuming 2010 when tickets.ie took over from Ticketb4stard.

The account itself lists every game I've had an order in for since 2014...

This is the earliest order available:

QHABX 24/06/14
    11:36 AM Leinster SFC Semi Finals - Dublin v Wexford & Kildare v Meath
    29/06/14 16:00 PM 2 EUR 30.00 Past

Halcyon days... little did we know what woudl befall us a few weeks later.

They should have warned us to get part time jobs to pay for it all. :D

God only knows how everyone in Mayo isn't bankrupt, what with all the matches, all the replays & all the road trips. Are they flogging spare body parts on eBay or something? :confused:

Wow. That is a serious lump of change. What year is that since? Are the tickets all for you, or have you a family ST?

I have only missed 2 championship games since I moved back home in 2011. So I'm probably not too far behind, especially when you add in the 120 per year for the Parnell Pass.

I missed the above. There's myself and my brother's juvenile ST. So it should be much much higher.
    They should have warned us to get part time jobs. :D

God only knows how everyone in Mayo isn't bankrupt, what with all the matches, all the replays & all the road trips. Are they flogging spare body parts on eBay or something?

That explains Parson's injury and rapid recovery so.

• Advertisement

frankled wrote: »
    Fantastic, had no idea the seasontickets.ie was actually linked to the tickets.ie website so well that the login was interchangeable- that's brilliant, 706 for myself- thanks!

I found that out last year.

The trepedation every AIF kills me. Glad to know now.

Though last year finding out I was in 301- Row K Seat 1 was enough to drive me demented.

I was practically in the hill!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

I found that out last year.

The trepedation every AIF kills me. Glad to know now.

Though last year finding out I was in 301- Row K Seat 1 was enough to drive me demented.

I was practically in the hill!

Yeah I think I might have been in 708 for one of the finals- shocking stuff!!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

frankled wrote: »
    Logged into my tickets.ie account to check my tickets for the final and looks like I'm in 305PP. BOOM!

Likewise - cheers for the tip. Delighted with section 306

Have spent €4200 on tickets :'( (3 of us on the same account)

Another tip on the season tickets is seating groups, there's 7 of us across 3 accounts that sit together for every game for the past 4 or 5 years. Its dead handy and takes 2 mins to setup each year

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭yobr

Any word yet on Cian O’Sullivan?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

yobr wrote: »
    Any word yet on Cian O’Sullivan?

He will be playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Past30Now

modmuffin wrote: »
    Likewise - cheers for the tip. Delighted with section 306

Have spent €4200 on tickets :'( (3 of us on the same account)

Another tip on the season tickets is seating groups, there's 7 of us across 3 accounts that sit together for every game for the past 4 or 5 years. Its dead handy and takes 2 mins to setup each year

Wasn't aware of that either. 703 Row E. Very happy with that. €3,814 on tickets. I hope I never recall that figure in conversations at home!

Just calculated that I've spent exactly 1000 quid on Parnells Passes alone since 2011. That doesn't cover any match tickets at all, other than home league games.

I'm not gonna add up the match ticket costs, as I could probably buy a Merc with all the money.

Not complaining. Far from it, but Jaysus, the 1000 euros alone, would buy a body a lorra lorra coddle. :rolleyes:

And some change to pick up a bag or 3 of lentils.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Got my first Parnell Pass in 2003

Not even gonna try calculate what I've spent on them and tickets since then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

I see Everyone’s favorite journalist troll has written another anti Dublin article

Among many items he spews Apparently Dublin clubs are on their knees...

Thanks for the summary. Now i don't have to read it.

kilns wrote: »
    I see Everyone’s favorite journalist troll has written another anti Dublin article

Among many items he spews Apparently Dublin clubs are on their knees...

HAs he quoted sources?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

HAs he quoted sources?

Full of the usual lies:

"they averaged the greatest winning margin per game (12.5, although this year they are at 13 heading into the final) in the modern era"

He can only reach that by ignoring the 1979 championship, yet if you challenged him that Dublin are the greatest team of the modern era, he would undoubtedly cite that Kerry team as evidence they are not.

The poor guy, it must be hard carrying a chip that size. Luckily it is on both shoulders and he doesn't end up so lopsided.

I'd sooner chop off my ears and pour candle wax into my noggin, than give that click bait drivel a click & keep his editors & ad tracker bots happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭doc_17

Some supporters here have spent huge money following Dublin and fair play to them. But imagine if the vast majority of your games weren’t on your doorstep, it’d cost a right bit more then.

• Advertisement

doc_17 wrote: »
    Some supporters here have spent huge money following Dublin and fair play to them. But imagine if the vast majority of your games weren’t on your doorstep, it’d cost a right bit more then.

And we'd still go.

We know. See comments 2 pages ago about Tom Parsons buying a stunning Michael Kors handbag, a set of 12 gauge spanners and a new kidney on eBay. ;)

We would still travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

doc_17 wrote:

It costs very little to go to games after you've bought the ticket, you'd swear it was a pilgrimage, they are days out.

Don't travel if you don't want to. If you do, travel in numbers and enjoy the day

Stoner wrote: »
    It costs very little to go to games after you've bought the ticket, you'd swear it was a pilgrimage, they are days out.

Don't travel if you don't want to. If you do, travel in numbers and enjoy the day

Not when we do it it seems.

Anyone recall the crowds at the qualifier v Derry in Clones in 2003?

YA!

Not when we do it it seems.

Anyone recall the crowds at the qualifier v Derry in Clones in 2003?

YA!

One of the best trips ever. The little fountain part in middle of the town up the hill part was decked in blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭donkey balls

You wanna try and get accommodation in the likes of Kilarney and Castlebar during the league matches almost impossible, As for spending on match tickets I wouldn't know but have the PP since 06.
    The only extra spend that I know from recent years was the 2016 final draw the replay was due to be played the day after I was due to go on holiers, So had to cancel the flight and re book for the Sunday but it was worth every penny.

You wanna try and get accommodation in the likes of Kilarney and Castlebar during the league matches almost impossible, As for spending on match tickets I wouldn't know but have the PP since 06.
    The only extra spend that I know from recent years was the 2016 final draw the replay was due to be played the day after I was due to go on holiers, So had to cancel the flight and re book for the Sunday but it was worth every penny.

I've not missed a game since 09 home or away and not would I change it for the world. I was sporadic pre 09 due to lack of funds as I was finishing studies

One of the best trips ever. The little fountain part in middle of the town up the hill part was decked in blue.

You should get yourself to the Ulster Final next year. Best town to watch games in bar none.

• Advertisement

You should get yourself to the Ulster Final next year. Best town to watch games in bar none.

I've been to clones a few times, been to last 2 Ulster finals

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement