Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

You should get yourself to the Ulster Final next year. Best town to watch games in bar none.

I've been to clones a few times, been to last 2 Ulster finals

• Registered Users Posts: 19,068 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I've been to clones a few times, been to last 2 Ulster finals

When you said this though...
    I've not missed a game since 09 home or away and not would I change it for the world. I was sporadic pre 09 due to lack of funds as I was finishing studies

I figured you hadn't been given I've missed Leinster finals cos I've gone to Ulster Finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

And we'd still go.
    We would still travel.

And we do, when given the chance. Think that's covered above- away games are fantastic.

As for Ewan McKenna- I scanned the article. The chip on his shoulder is only getting bigger- was this close to reply to him on Twitter but where would I start? And why bother? Really wish there weren't so many sticks being used to beat Dublin due to their success.

When you said this though...

I figured you hadn't been given I've missed Leinster finals cos I've gone to Ulster Finals.

Nope I was at Ulster final 24th June this year. And ulster 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I've not missed a game since 09 home or away and not would I change it for the world. I was sporadic pre 09 due to lack of funds as I was finishing studies

Ah I have missed a few matches over the years I sprained my ankle the aul lad breaking his foot the same year so there was free League tickets that year:),
    But every year up till 2011 after the heavy defeats and early exit from the championship the aul lad be saying f**k this I'm not renewing those bleeding passes next year.
    Then January would come along and we be back on the road for the matches it really is only the last few years were the PP has come in to use for getting final tickets, I use to laugh at the aul lad and my mates da (Both the same age) saying jaysus will we ever see Dublin win an all Ireland in our life time.
    But the gang of us that go to the matches remember the bad aul days and nights in the lashing rain getting belted of the pitch.

• Advertisement

But the gang of us that go to the matches remember the bad aul days and nights in the lashing rain getting belted of the pitch.

Them days were some bad days, westmeath :(

I also remember Cossy hitting post in last few minutes against Armagh. Desperate stuff, walking out of the hill head in the hands.

Back in them days nobody wanted a split then.

I also remember Cossy hitting post in last few minutes against Armagh. Desperate stuff, walking out of the hill head in the hands.

Back in them days nobody wanted a split then.

I'll never get over that. I was at the perfect angle to watch that look like it was going over and then hit the post. Delighted that The Orchard ended up winning it but still.

I got one ticket in the ballot in work (Arnotts) and managed to get a lad to give me his one and I promised that I would give him my AIF ticket if we got there.

I'll never get over that. I was at the perfect angle to watch that look like it was going over and then hit the post. Delighted that The Orchard ended up winning it but still.

I got one ticket in the ballot in work (Arnotts) and managed to get a lad to give me his one and I promised that I would give him my AIF ticket if we got there.

It was my one memory that always stuck out. I'm a Crokes Clubman so I was a minor then and looked up to Him. He was good, well after that he didn't walk on air around Glenalbyn anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 18,774 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Paddy Christie taking frees that had to be the worst day ever, no freetaker to take frees!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

When you look back at how awful things were sometimes it's kinda comical. How did we accept it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

How many genuine away games (not neutral venue) have Dublin played in the championship in the last 10 years

Just wondering from all you die-hard dubs

When you look back at how awful things were sometimes it's kinda comical. How did we accept it?

Yes I remember thinking Lyons was a genius. It was disgraceful. But I've some amazing memories, ryaner took his jersey off his back and gave me it aged 17 still have it to this day

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    How many genuine away games (not neutral venue) have Dublin played in the championship in the last 10 years

Why? Can you not use Google?
    Yes I remember thinking Lyons was a genius. It was disgraceful. But I've some amazing memories, ryaner took his jersey off his back and gave me it aged 17 still have it to this day

Shane Ryan was a scarily improved propostition in 2008 and 09... It concerned me.

Qualifiers?

Qualifiers?

Don't bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

One. Against Tyrone last month.

Why? Can you not use Google?

Shane Ryan was a scarily improved propostition in 2008 and 09... It concerned me.

One of me all timers to witness in action, ryaner, wheelo. Then I had a soft spot for Senan and Collie Moran

One. Against Tyrone last month.

2 Dublin Derry 2003 2nd round qualifier

One of me all timers to witness in action, ryaner, wheelo. Then I had a soft spot for Senan and Collie Moran

Yea Senan was lightning quick I used to get excited when he was coming on, Moran was decent aswell nifty enough on the ball his goal against Longford in Leinster q/f 2001 was a peach!

I always hated Whelan after the attack against Wexford in 2005.

He said 10 years.

• Advertisement

Yea Senan was lightning quick I used to get excited when he was coming on, Moran was decent aswell nifty enough on the ball his goal against Longford in Leinster q/f 2001 was a peach!

That 2001 to 2004. I thought they were God's among men but sure we were rubbish hahaha. I remember McKeever on the sideline fighting and wanting to go onto the pitch and take his life.

That was in Clones plus he said last 10 years, I’ve a feeling he’s edging towards more of the usual but I answered the question regardless.

That was in Clones plus he said last 10 years, I’ve a feeling he’s edging towards more of the usual but I answered the question regardless.

Sorry just thought he meant away in general misread. This question never arose mid noughties when we couldn't buy an AI. Nor was the resources argument, or the panels too big.

That 2001 to 2004. I thought they were God's among men but sure we were rubbish hahaha. I remember McKeever on the sideline fighting and wanting to go onto the pitch and take his life.

Same, I remember after winning Leinster in 2002 I thought Lyons was a messiah (oh the naivety) I recently watched the 2002 review on YouTube for an aul nostalgic fix, my god how cringeworthy some of his sound bites where!

I always hated Whelan after the attack against Wexford in 2005.

He said 10 years.

Remember hill gate when he broke the photo op and marched to the hill end being held back by the lads to confront Mayo players hahahah

Sorry just thought he meant away in general misread. This question never arose mid noughties when we couldn't buy an AI. Nor was the resources argument, or the panels too big.

Yea I just find it all amusing these days tbh just a hoard of Ewan McKenna’s god love them. It will never diminish the absolute and sheer euphoria I’ve experienced this decade we’ve been blessed with what we’ve witnessed I take none of it for granted.

Yea I just find it all amusing these days tbh just a hoard of Ewan McKenna’s god love them. It will never diminish the absolute and sheer euphoria I’ve experienced this decade we’ve been blessed with what we’ve witnessed I take none of it for granted.

Same but what a journey. Agony and ecstasy. I think it's more disappointment that other counties haven't lifted their standards to where Dublin county players are at currently.

Remember hill gate when he broke the photo op and marched to the hill end being held back by the lads to confront Mayo players hahahah

Oh another one I cringe at looking back haha that whole united link march to the hill before throw in that year was farcical stuff.

Oh another one I cringe at looking back haha that whole united link march to the hill before throw in that year was farcical stuff.

Hahahaha same Everytime i see it I am convinced it was staged haha

• Advertisement

The last 10min of the 2011 final are singly the worst and best 10min of my life and I never want to live it again for fear of a coronary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement