Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Squareball

Thought Small deserved a nomination too....Maybe even ahead of the little child!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Didn't stop Lee Keegan getting POTY after black card in an all ireland final which contributed to their defeat ;)

I do not disagree with this in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,839 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I went further and made 16 teams gave them new names and everything:

1 )Dublin North = (Dublin Vikings)
    2) Dublin South = (Poddle Panthers)
    3) Kildare = (Christy's Shovels)
    4) Mayo = (Cora's Champions)
    5) East Kerry (Play 'right's')
    6) West Kerry (Ding-Dang's)
    7) Wicklow Wexford, Kilkenny, Carlow, = (Sunshine Gaels)
    8) Laois Ofally Westmeath, Longford = (Midland Marauders)
    9) Meath Cavan Louth = (Breffnis)
    10) Cork, Waterford, Tipp, Limerick (Boru's)
    11) Sligo, Leitrim, Roscommon (Yeat's Stealer's)
    12) Clare, Galway (Claregalway)
    13) Monaghan Armagh (Farney's Orchard)
    14) Fermanagh, Donegal (Conaill-Ernesiders)
    15) Derry, Antrim, Down (Dad's Army)
    16) Tyrone (Hand on Harte's)

One of those Dublin teams has to be called The Splitters. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yes, we need a break away, splinter group. It just wouldn't be Ireland without one. Doesn't have to be Dublin though.

The Peoples Provisional Continuity Republic of Langers.

Formerly known as Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

http://www.gaa.ie/football/news/pwc-all-stars-2018-football-nominations/

Just confirming that the all Stars and Footballer of the year awards are all nominated by media and voted on by players

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    Think it’s to be last Sunday in August. That’s what it was to be this year but the popes visit pushed it out a week

1st September 2019 as its the 35th Sunday of the year apparently, so it fits in with the fixture schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Interesting stats table in Herald today on CK, BF and Jack.

Kilkenny with higher average score: 2.2 pregame compared to 1.0 for Fenton, but Fenton's shot efficiency is 74% compared to 60.5%. Fenton had 59 foot passes which were completed compared to 29 for Jack and 24 for CK.

Jack naturally ahead on own kickouts won - 17 - given he drops back for a lot of them, but Fenton won 13 of own and 7 of opposition kickouts.

So from a nerdlinger perspective alone, I would have Fenton over either. Hugely important part of this team, and destined to go down as one of, if not THE, greatest midfielder(s.)

And no, I am not his mother :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Kilkenny only unplaced one pass for the entire championship if I read that correctly? That's unbelievable.

Serious year for the man. Super nice guy too, does a lot with the kids in Castleknock in his free time.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Kilkenny only unplaced one pass for the entire championship if I read that correctly? That's unbelievable.

Serious year for the man. Super nice guy too, does a lot with the kids in Castleknock in his free time.

Yep. One pass astray! He is the Le Bron James of this team :)

Invidious to be comparing any of them to the other, but it attracts my nerd self!

Unfortunately Raheny were beaten by Crokes tonight so are out.

Looks like there will be no surprises this year; Boden. Crokes, Ballymun and Vinnies. Still a chance Connolly might be back apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Yep. One pass astray! He is the Le Bron James of this team :)

Invidious to be comparing any of them to the other, but it attracts my nerd self!

Unfortunately Raheny were beaten by Crokes tonight so are out.

Looks like there will be no surprises this year; Boden. Crokes, Ballymun and Vinnies. Still a chance Connolly might be back apparently.

A 0-7 to 0-4 win for Crokes. Must've been like a chess match. Time to stop the handpass,widen the goals, .......

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    A 0-7 to 0-4 win for Crokes. Must've been like a chess match. Time to stop the handpass,widen the goals, .......

Wasn't really down to Crokes. Suited them the way game panned out.

Games like this prove that are just as many people involved in Dublin clubs who are attracted to the dark side as there are in any other county. Shows the importance of having a good management team.

VonZan wrote: »
    Best of luck to the senior ladies. Heavy favourites for today and rightly so.

Yes. COYGIBðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Dubs might be favourites but they are playing against 16 here. The referee giving everything to Cork so far and missing several blatant fouls against Dublin players. Correct call with that peno though as I type.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Strumms wrote: »
    Dubs might be favourites but they are playing against 16 here. The referee giving everything to Cork so far and missing several blatant fouls against Dublin players. Correct call with that peno though as I type.

Thought that myself.

That was a great peno there

Great penno

How is that not a card ?

I thinks there is a lot being let go. Some great football so far

Stoner wrote: »
    I thinks there is a lot being let go. Some great football so far

Final ball is letting the dubs down at the moment

Fecking terrible ball

Shot themselves in the foot there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Hower the lads. I see the 1/4 final draw was made today. I know feck all about the club scene up here so wondering what game would be good to go to? Thinking Ballymun v Judes to see Dean Rock and Philly play (have met both twice and they were absolute gents). Or would Vincents v Castleknock be a better match.

Any advice. Thanks.

Great finishing there, just needed a little more composure there at the back.

Floppybits wrote:
    Final ball is letting the dubs down at the moment

The hail Mary ball into the forwards will be stopped at half time I hope. They should run it in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭Hitchens

is there any point in having goalies in women's football?

The dublin forwards need to start getting out in front of the Cork defenders. Every ball going in the Cork ladies are out in front

Hitchens wrote: »
    is there any point in having goalies in women's football?

Cop on to yourself, Ignorant comment and some.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Great finish!

Noelle Healy is having a great game. That second goal was created by her great run

THAT was as great a goal as you’ll see in our sport, any level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

If not for a brain fart from Goldrick we would have been out of sight by now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement