Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Anyone know if Boden v Crokes is being streamed?

Heard the hurling semis were live on the dubs youtube channel last weekend

Not a day for making the trek over.

Showing Bodens and Crokes at 5.30 on Dubs TV - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icHIJOyRYEc

Fingallians v Saggart on at moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Good man

Was going to head over myself but two drowning with dogs were not encouraging, and be impossible that both Crokes and Boden be beaten :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

What's the story here with this game being 65 minutes long?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Expected a tighter game tbh. Boden only seemed to work hard in the last 15 mins. They strolled around the park for the previous 45.

Finishing strong is a great gameplan but it goes out the window if you're haemorrhaging scores early.

• Advertisement

a few people made a nice few bob on the result. Going on their group meeting which Crokes won easily, it was difficult to see how there would have been a different outcome. I think some people read a bit too much into Crokes game with Raheny which in reality they could afford to rest players and just do enough to reach next stage. Having said that, I was not one of those to wet my beak at even money :-(

Today's game will be interesting. Judes were in it last year until they got the head staggers and defeat of Ballymun shows they have come on. If they can keep their discipline and Mackers is on going day, they have great chance. Be interesting to see what role the bould Diarmuid plays ….

Judes have outscored Vinnies 1 - 5 to 0 - 0 over last 20 minutes of first half! Four up now.

Varley and Connolly on the subs - I assume Varley must be injured as he has been probably their best forward from play so far, but they will need him I reckon. Judes will be hard to reel in so not be surprised to see DC making early appearance as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Great goal there, game over!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Our long national nightmare is over.

Many, many, many congrats Jude's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Rathnew scarred them for life.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    Rathnew scarred them for life.

Least said the better about that!

No dislike of Vinnies but nice to see a relatively new club like Judes reach their first football final.

They have weird origins having split from Faughs which is hurling only club and which for years did not even have a juvenile section, in a part of Dublin teeming with kids, Faughs was only there to provide current and former inter county players from other counties with handy Dublin medals as many of them saw it.

Two clubhouses are side by side but I doubt many from Faughs be celebrating in Judes tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Bonniedog wrote: »

No dislike of Vinnies but nice to see a relatively new club like Judes reach their first football final.

They have weird origins having split from Faughs which is hurling only club and which for years did not even have a juvenile section, in a part of Dublin teeming with kids, Faughs was only there to provide current and former inter county players from other counties with handy Dublin medals as many of them saw it.

Two clubhouses are side by side but I doubt many from Faughs be celebrating in Judes tonight :)

Forever and a day as a Liffey Gaels alum I will despise Judes. Amazing what happens in an U9 game in 1993 will stick with ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Bonniedog wrote: »

Judes were in the final in 2009 and were formed to serve Wellington parish in 1978. They never had anything to do with Faughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,769 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

As a neutral I am delighted for Judes saw it on live stream.
    Never would have thought they would win the game as handy when they were 5-1 down after a short while.

I love the way Judes play they really make the most of what they have got, they always seem very tactically asute - credit to thier management.
    Good counter attacking team - plus it helps when your star player works like a dog on the pitch.

Economical and dogged are the words I would use to sum up Judes hey rarely seem to make a bad pass. Real team ethic.

I hope they win it now, knocking on the door for a while.
    It would be interesting to see how they would fare against clubs from other counties with the system they have.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

As a neutral I am delighted for Judes (saw it on live stream.)
    Never would have thought they would win the game as handy when they were 5-1 down after a short while.

I love the way Judes play they really make the most of what they have got, they always seem very tactically astute - credit to thier management.
    Good counter attacking team - plus it helps when your star player works like a dog on the pitch.

Economical and dogged are the words I would use to sum up Judes hey rarely seem to make a bad pass. Real team ethic.

It would be interesting to see how they would fare against clubs from other counties with the system they have.

As a neutral I am delighted for Judes saw it on live stream.

I love the way Judes play they really make the most of what they have got, they always seem very tactically asute - credit to thier management.

Judes are a very well drilled team. They exposed weaknesses in Ballymun's and Vinnie's defensive structures while also limiting their attacking options.
    They are very well conditioned with experience all over the park. Some of them have played in seven semi finals in the last ten years. They will cause headaches for any team.
    Kilmacud will clearly be favourites but Judes have momentum going into the game.

Did anyone else see the stamp on the Judes player on the ground towards the end of the match?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Had a look at the new jersey in the flesh this morning, its very nice. Feels lovely, like a Dublin jersey should - rich and opulent.

I like the shorts very much also, might buy a pair in extra small... show off my muscular thick thighs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Thinking of going Sunday. Is there any parking or would you need to be bussing it?

Also, would you need to be buying tickets or is it big enough to just be able to rock up?

Thinking of going Sunday. Is there any parking or would you need to be bussing it?

Also, would you need to be buying tickets or is it big enough to just be able to rock up?

Long time since a Dublin hurling final was full house. I would imagine you be alright if you get there before the B final between Faughs and Plunketts which will only have a small crowd is over.

Will be shown on TG4 as well I would imagine.

• Advertisement

Plenty of parking in the nearby housing estates. Just don't block someone's driveway. (Not that you would, of course, just sayin' like.) Killester Dart station is only a 7/8 minute walk away, which is dead handy if you're coming from the other side of town.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Also, Collins Ave turns into a car park before and after a game, so try to avoid if you can. As ProudDub said, Killester Dart station is so near.

Ah yeah, but the hurling final crowd won't be that big. PP won't come close to selling out. It may take a while to get through the lights at the church afterwards, but we're not talking Dorset St/NCR levels of carpark hell after games at Croker. I make it a point to avoid that junction completely. I usually approach Collins Ave from the Howth Rd/Killester end, not the Malahide Rd/church end. I'll turn right at the first street off Collins Ave & stash my car on one of the side roads there. I'll leave the same way afterwards, avoiding the Malahide Rd junction completely. I rarely have more than a 5 minute walk to PP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Ah yeah, but the hurling final crowd won't be that big. PP won't come close to selling out. It may take a while to get through the lights at the church afterwards, but we're not talking Dorset St/NCR levels of carpark hell after games at Croker. I make it a point to avoid that junction completely. I usually approach Collins Ave from the Howth Rd/Killester end, not the Malahide Rd/church end. I'll turn right at the first street off Collins Ave & stash my car on one of the side roads there. I'll leave the same way afterwards, avoiding the Malahide Rd junction completely. I rarely have more than a 5 minute walk to PP.

Yeah, that's a good call actually. I live in the area, so don't have these parking problems, just a problem when I'm trying to get to the airport.

It is a bit strange that two clubs with huge memberships - possibly the two biggest in the country, definitely in top 3/4 - attract such a small following. Good chance that even the football final will not be full house for first time in a good few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I don't like it, would of been lovely if it was just the normal jersey with colours reversed. So navy primarily with a bit of blue. Also I can see it getting destroyed by Guinness stains very quickly :P

Ha ha ha...my first thought was curry sauce related too. :D

ProudDUB wrote: »

Maybe we'll find out in this next victory speech?
    He doesn't say much besides that!

• Advertisement

Maybe we'll find out in this next victory speech?
    He doesn't say much besides that!

I do remember being at the Leinster final the first year he'd been made captain, his speech was unintentionally hilarious. He practically read it off the flash cards, with no modulation of his voice. When no one cheered when he finished, he actually had to say ".......and that's it......"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement