Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Completely random question. Does any stats enthusiast know of any online source that has a definitive breakdown of Dublin's championship scorers on a yearly basis?

I have been researching the top scorer for each championship season for a project I am doing, but for some reason cannot find out what Charlie Redmond's tally was in 1994. Or indeed verify that he was the top scorer that year.

He was apparently the top scorer that year and it was in the region of 37 plus points. The stats come down to what he scored against Leitrim. I actually forget that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

There are no stats on the Leitrim game for some reason and only recollection I hhave of that one is that Galvin scored one of three goals.

I think I have the programme for the final somewhere so will hunt it out and see if there are scoring stats for the semi finals.

Found it!

Charlie scored 1 - 6 against Leitrim. He was on 4 - 26 going into the final. He scored four points against Down.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Found it!

Charlie scored 1 - 6 against Leitrim. He was on 4 - 26 going into the final. He scored four points against Down.

Poor Leitrim. Declan Darcy was on that team or was that team before he copped on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,330 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Found it!

Excellent! Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Gael85

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Poor Leitrim. Declan Darcy was on that team or was that team before he copped on?

Darcy was captain of that Leitrim team. Transferred back to Dublin in 98

Completely random question. Does any stats enthusiast know of any online source that has a definitive breakdown of Dublin's championship scorers on a yearly basis?

I have been researching the top scorer for each championship season for a project I am doing, but for some reason cannot find out what Charlie Redmond's tally was in 1994. Or indeed verify that he was the top scorer that year.

I have stats on Dublin players since 95. Laptop got robbed a few years so have re do stats for spreadsheet pre 2013. Have 2013-18 and current Dublin Football panel stats.There a lad who brought out a book Gerry Callan with results, teams and scorers for every Dublin game. Got it last year but there is updated version in easons now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Gael85 wrote: »
    I have stats on Dublin players since 95. Laptop got robbed a few years so have re do stats for spreadsheet pre 2013. Have 2013-18 and current Dublin Football panel stats.There a lad who brought out a book Gerry Callan with results, teams and scorers for every Dublin game. Got it last year but there is updated version in easons now.

Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Gael85 wrote: »

Remind me never to get into an argument with you. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Gael85 wrote:
    Darcy was captain of that Leitrim team. Transferred back to Dublin in 98

There were two Dubs on that Leitrim team. Can't remember the other guy.
    Didn't Darcy get an all star that year.

• Advertisement

Stoner wrote: »
    There were two Dubs on that Leitrim team. Can't remember the other guy.
    Didn't Darcy get an all star that year.

Jason Ward was the other Dub. Ken Darcy could have been on panel too. Ciaran McGovern from St Judes played with Leitrim in 95.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial/status/1062657996109549568

Tickets to the Dublin Meath Charity game are on sale now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Reports that a few of lads are returning to the hurling panel next year. Getting Schutte back would be huge.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

corny wrote: »
    Reports that a few of lads are returning to the hurling panel next year. Getting Schutte back would be huge.

Would be massive if this is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

It's the Matty dividend. Wonder if Cronin will return to the fold, or dare we dream...O'Callaghan

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Bambi wrote: »
    It's the Matty dividend. Wonder if Cronin will return to the fold, or dare we dream...O'Callaghan

Go home Bambi, yer drunk!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

CatInABox wrote: »
    Would be massive if this is true.

Its true alright. Everyone asked has accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

wazzer1 wrote: »
    Who was asked?

wazzer1 wrote: »

Would love it, but it's one of those things that I won't believe until I see the lads running out onto the pitch, if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

• Advertisement

Mick Bohen signed on another 2 years, delighted. Really thought that he'd be off.

https://twitter.com/dublinladiesg/status/1065166677451657216

Wasn't he also mentioned in connection with the Rossie job?

Perhaps he was considering it until Anthony Cunningham got the nod.

Womens game is in great shape and hard to see anyone beating Dublin seniors next year. Clubs also doing well. Foxrock and Clontarf in the senior and inter AI finals.

Wasn't he also mentioned in connection with the Rossie job?

That was the rumour, but I don't know if that only came about because the job was available, you know?

CatInABox wrote: »
    That was the rumour, but I don't know if that only came about because the job was available, you know?

No idea, but there must have something to it. Possibly got an interview. Cunningham was always going to get that gig if interested given his success with Brigids.

Also shows perhaps that Cunningham might have preferred to have stayed with our hurlers, even as coach. Pity that he didn't really because he is obviously good at that side of things. Don't think himself and Kenny "see eye to eye," as they say.

Lads. Dublin North are playing Wexford Schools in the Leinster schools hurling tomorrow in DCU.

I have never been at a match up there. Are the grounds St.Claire's on the Ballymun Road, just before the petrol station? Or elsewhere?

Ballymun Road. On your left if coming from city centre direction. On right if from the north direction. I'd say there is map on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Yeah that road is a bit of an arse traffic wise, I'd come at it from Griffith avenue onto Ballymun rd if that's convenient for you, entrance as you say is just before the petrol station

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Yeah that road is a bit of an arse traffic wise, I'd come at it from Griffith avenue onto Ballymun rd if that's convenient for you, entrance as you say is just before the petrol station

I'll be coming up the M50 from Wexford. So junction 4 and down the Ballymun Road. If traffic will be an arse, would I want to give myself an extra 20 mins or thereabouts?

Thanks btw lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Would ye not drive down the ballymun road and then swing around the loop just before the turn to griffith avenue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Lads. Dublin North are playing Wexford Schools in the Leinster schools hurling tomorrow in DCU.

I have never been at a match up there. Are the grounds St.Claire's on the Ballymun Road, just before the petrol station? Or elsewhere?

Yep. The entrance is just before the petrol station. It's not very well sign posted. Keep an eye out for the petrol station and the drive way into St Clare's is just before the petrol station. It's a dual carriage way, so if you over shoot it, you can't back up or turn around. As soon as you pass St Michael's House, slow down and put your left indicator on, as cars will be zipping by very quickly. If you see signage for Glasnevin Lawn Tennis Club first, that's where you turn, as it shares an entrance onto Ballymun Road with St Clare's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement