Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I'll be coming up the M50 from Wexford. So junction 4 and down the Ballymun Road. If traffic will be an arse, would I want to give myself an extra 20 mins or thereabouts?

Thanks btw lads.

It's just a bit of a mess if you're coming down Ballymun rd, you'll have to loop back around to get over the other side of carriageway. - make sure yer over in the right lane coming down Ballymun rd, there's a filter right at the traffic lights with Griffith avenue.

When you get around that corner get into the left of the 2 lanes that are turning right at the next set of lights. It's barely 200 yards up the road after you make that turn so it's important you're in the inside lane. Have a good day out and safe travels..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,330 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

DoctaDee wrote: »
    It's just a bit of a mess if you're coming down Ballymun rd, you'll have to loop back around to get over the other side of carriageway. - make sure yer over in the right lane coming down Ballymun rd, there's a filter right at the traffic lights with Griffith avenue.

When you get around that corner get into the left of the 2 lanes that are turning right at the next set of lights. It's barely 200 yards up the road after you make that turn so it's important you're in the inside lane. Have a good day out and safe travels..

Got up and down safely. Went Griffith Ave. route on way up, and flew down the M50 via the Ballymun exit afterwards :D

Astroturf pitch there is as good as any I have seen. Good schools game too. Dublin North just had a bit more nous than Wexford-Wexford squandered a couple of goal chances that I think Dublin would have converted.

Luke Swan wasn't prominent at all (I have heard good things about him) but young Breslin in the corner was a livewire. Wexford were down two starters, including probably their best forward, as the county board thought it a good idea to fix a u20 county final replay for the same time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Leinster club SFC semi-finals
    Mullinalaghta (Longford) 2-15 Éire Óg (Carlow) 0-03
    Kilmacud Crokes (Dublin) 1-17 Portlaoise (Laois) 3-08

Final on 9th December.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,769 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Bret Hart wrote: »

Final on 9th December.

Jayus, Portlaoise ran Crokes a lot closer then I thought they would was the score a fair reflection of the game?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Jayus, Portlaoise ran Crokes a lot closer then I thought they would was the score a fair reflection of the game?

Full game on TG4 now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Bret Hart wrote: »

Final on 9th December.

Had money on Portlaise to win
    Thought they missed lot of chances

nice_guy80 wrote: »

Portlaoise must be sick at least it was not as bad as time they lost to Boden in the Leinster Final though.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

Agreed, any amount of ball went into Portlaoise forwards and they had the beating of Crokes full back line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Final should be interesting.

Sullivan looked very lethargic today. As one of commentators said he is possibly showing the results of a hard year marked by injury. Looks like someone could do with a break.

Good game to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Don't think Crokes really got out of third gear to be honest.

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    Don't think Crokes really got out of third gear to be honest.

Looked that way for a good bit. Even after goals, they replied with 3/4/5 on the trot. Same in run up to the penalty, which looked dubious to me. But if your defence is leaking goals you are just making it hard on yourselves.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Looked that way for a good bit. Even after goals, they replied with 3/4/5 on the trot. Same in run up to the penalty, which looked dubious to me. But if your defence is leaking goals you are just making it hard on yourselves.

Loads left in the tank.

Agree re Cian O'sullivan, looked slow. More like a hard career than a tough year. Being an elite player for that long will take its toll eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Where's the hurling final on next week? I'll be doing Limerick to Dublin that day so I'm hoping Portlaoise so I can go on the way.

Edit - Carlow.

_

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Gael85

McCormack must have kicked 6/7 wides.

Kilmacud midfield places a big burden on the others around them, neither Casey or Dias are particularly good fielders, Dias certainly has no idea how to tackle or at the very least hold up play, they'll be in a world of bother down the middle against quick movement.

On the other hand I thought their HB&HF line were very good today. Andy McGowan looks to have loads of potential in the back line also. Pearson, Mullin and Horan have that pace given the room that will take some of the pressure off mannion.

Hard to know how far they can go, tho in fairness they do try to play on the front foot - I just have a feeling that a better organised team defensively will ultimately beat them and it certainly could've been Portlaoise today

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Slattsy wrote: »
    Loads left in the tank.

Agree re Cian O'sullivan, looked slow. More like a hard career than a tough year. Being an elite player for that long will take its toll eventually.

He's only recently back from his stag. Let's be kind and give him a break.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    He's only recently back from his stag. Let's be kind and give him a break.

Ha I didn't realise.

Took me 6 months to fully recovery from mine. Good damn you Munich with your wonderful beer.

Kilmacud midfield places a big burden on the others around them, neither Casey or Dias are particularly good fielders, Dias certainly has no idea how to tackle or at the very least hold up play, they'll be in a world of bother down the middle against quick movement.

On the other hand I thought their HB&HF line were very good today. Andy McGowan looks to have loads of potential in the back line also. Pearson, Mullin and Horan have that pace given the room that will take some of the pressure off mannion.

Hard to know how far they can go, tho in fairness they do try to play on the front foot - I just have a feeling that a better organised team defensively will ultimately beat them and it certainly could've been Portlaoise today

Has Pearson made the Dublin panel yet? Looks decent.

Has Pearson made the Dublin panel yet? Looks decent.

Don't think he has that I can recall, but looks a very good prospect. There were a few occasions today when you could see his need to improve his strength on the ball for the inter county game. Plenty of time tho he's only out of the 21's

Don't think he has t hat I can recall, but looks a very good prospect. There were a few occasions today when you could see his need to improve his strength on the ball for the inter county game. Plenty of time tho he's only out of the 21's

It was just way he scored one of his points that made me take notice had a bit of swagger about it. Created space for himself and kinda used the defender as a guide when he curled the ball over the bar.
    Seems to have confidence thats for sure.
    Plus isn't he a lefty?
    That's always handy to have a few of those.

• Advertisement

Crokes are making a meal out of this. Taking the wrong option every single time.

Looks like a bit of a wind. Need to be banging the ball in early rather than taking it into contact where they're just been closed down. Longford team are good and play nice style. Wonder will they become more defensive against the breeze?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Home town referee again for a Dublin club team

The referee works for Dublin GAA and lives in Dublin
    How can he be given this game?

Home town referee again for a Dublin club team

The referee works for Dublin GAA and lives in Dublin
    How can he be given this game?

Twas very kind of him to give his Crokes brethren a black card but give the other lad a yellow for the same offence.

Run along now little boy, is your homework done?

And a peno - that post really backfired!

Fair play to Columbas!!

Gaugh really looked after them his Dublin mates haha

That's the first club Meath won in a while :-)

Quite the meltdown from Crokes in the last few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

The writing was on the wall for Crokes against Portlaoise. If Portlaoise had their shooting boots on they would have won.

Best team won today too. Ballyhale a tiny parish bet a super huge club in Ballyboden in hurling final and today that happened to Kilmacud too.

I love seeing the small villages come up trumps!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Yeah poor little underdogs in Ballyhale :rolleyes:

Do you blowpipes ever let up or are you always lying in wait?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement