Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

Patww79 wrote: »
    Yeah poor little underdogs in Ballyhale :rolleyes:

Do you blowpipes ever let up or are you always lying in wait?

Obviously I don’t mean Ballyhale are ever an underdog, they are a huge club traditionally and success- wise in hurling heartland.

I just meant they are a small parish, they wouldn’t have huge numbers to pick from. They maximize every single hurler that comes through the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

No Split Longford jokes yet?

Yiz are slipping.

Mucho congrats to Mullina....ok you know what, I can't even spell Kev Mc's name, so sod this one for a game of soldiers....congrats to EVERYONE in Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

conor05 wrote: »
    Obviously I don’t mean Ballyhale are ever an underdog, they are a huge club traditionally and success- wise in hurling heartland.

I just meant they are a small parish, they wouldn’t have huge numbers to pick from. They maximize every single hurler that comes through the club.

But not as much fun as having a dig at Ballyboden :)

We hear you ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Mullinalaghta don't even have a village

About 300 houses in total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Mullinalaghta don't even have a village

About 300 houses in total.

Great achievement. So should you not be congratulating them in a Longford thread then?

• Advertisement

No, no....leave the knockers be.

Between 'Boden & Crokes both losing to "villages" it just goes to show that population size in Dublin is no guarantee of intercounty success.

Now if only I could find another Dublin debate to apply that logic to.

Hmmmmm..... anyone know where I'd be able to find one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I said after the Portlaoise game that Crokes were an accident waiting to happen. Boden on the other hand were just outclassed - no disgrace in that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

ProudDUB wrote: »
    No, no....leave the knockers be.

Between 'Boden & Crokes both losing to "villages" it just goes to show that population size in Dublin is no guarantee of intercounty success.

Now if only I could find another Dublin debate to apply that logic to.

Hmmmmm..... anyone know where I'd be able to find one?
    Dontmatter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Gael85

Home town referee again for a Dublin club team

The referee works for Dublin GAA and lives in Dublin
    How can he be given this game?

Yerra :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Far be it from me to defend the Dublin GAA but this type of nonsensical post galls me.
    David Gough is an employee of DCU. Like many people he has moved to Dublin to work. He is a very honest and decent individual who has shown great courage in his personal life. He showed his courage as a referee yesterday, like he has on many other occasions, by making a difficult but correct call which impacted on the result of the game.
    For some anonymous clown on the internet to question his integrity, and then go into hiding when proven wrong, is pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,769 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I don't think the win by Mullinalaghta was all that great to be honest it was a smash and grab.
    Similar to when Offally beat Kerry in 82.
    Or when Dublin beat Kerry in 11
    I was far more impressed by Rathnew beating Vincents last year for example. That was a well deserved win.
    This win was just a fortunate one.
    You would swear it is the first time ever a small country team beat the city slickers the way the papers are going on.
    You can only play 15 players at any one time.
    Fair play to Mullinalaghta and all that.
    But it was a fortunate win.
    I hope they beat Dr Crokes and get into the final (prove it was not a fluke)- because then thier name will be always on that list in years to come.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I don't think the win by Mullinalaghta was all that great to be honest it was a smash and grab.
    I was far more impressed by Rathnew beating Vincents last year for example. That was a well deserved win.
    You would swear it is the first time ever a small country team beat the city slickers the way the papers are going on.
    I hope they beat Dr Crokes and get into the final (prove it was not a fluke)- because then thier name will be always on that list in years to come.

Fortunate or not, they still had to go out and win it. Fair play to them on that, there'd be some craic back in the parish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Gael85

Columbas should have won by more. Thought the wides and balls dropping short would prove costly. Crokes tried to walk ball into net. Pearson spilled ball when should taken easy point which would have put 4 up at the time. Horan over carried when the point was on too.

Far be it from me to defend the Dublin GAA but this type of nonsensical post galls me.
    David Gough is an employee of DCU. Like many people he has moved to Dublin to work. He is a very honest and decent individual who has shown great courage in his personal life. He showed his courage as a referee yesterday, like he has on many other occasions, by making a difficult but correct call which impacted on the result of the game.
    For some anonymous clown on the internet to question his integrity, and then go into hiding when proven wrong, is pathetic.
    Sorry, he's an employee of Dublin GAA who fund the position through DCU and the Cumann na mBunscol
    And I know David, even played football with him.

The GAA shouldn't be putting him in that situation, that was my point.

Sorry, he's an employee of Dublin GAA who fund the position through DCU and the Cumann na mBunscol
    And I know David, even played football with him.

The GAA shouldn't be putting him in that situation, that was my point.
    Your point was that he was a home town referee.
    If you know David you should know better than to question his integrity.

If one wanted to be picking about Gough one might question the penalty where your man basically tripped himself up over Sullivan's foot, and most of injury time being wasted on diving, some which led to frees and scores.

But we shall not!

Your point was that he was a home town referee.
    If you know David you should know better than to question his integrity.

where does he live and work?

where does he live and work?

You are intent on doubling down here. Where he lives and works is irrelevant. His affliation is to Meath GAA.
    Calling someone a home town referee infers bias.
    Can you please back that accusation up with examples of David Gough's bias towards Kilmacud yesterday.

You are intent on doubling down here. Where he lives and works is irrelevant. His affliation is to Meath GAA.
    Calling someone a home town referee infers bias.
    Can you please back that accusation up with examples of David Gough's bias towards Kilmacud yesterday.

You're wasting your time.

This type of eegitry is so embedded in some peoples brains, it's impossible to for them to understand basic common sense

Ask them if it is also a given that a Kerry man living in Cork, or working in UCC, has an automatic bias now towards all things Cork...or does a Mayo man living and working in Galway have an automatic pro Galway bias because of it...and they will look at you as if you had two heads.:rolleyes:

ProudDUB wrote: »
    You're wasting your time.

This type of eegitry is so embedded in some peoples brains, it's impossible to for them to understand basic common sense

Ask them if it is also a given that a Kerry man living in Cork, or working in UCC, has an automatic bias now towards all things Cork...or does a Mayo man living and working in Galway have an automatic pro Galway bias because of it...and they will look at you as if you had two heads.:rolleyes:

I know, but it is the season of goodwill and it is nice to try and help those less fortunate than yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Bonniedog wrote: »
    If one wanted to be picking about Gough one might question the penalty where your man basically tripped himself up over Sullivan's foot, and most of injury time being wasted on diving, some which led to frees and scores.

But we shall not!

You might watch that again there like a good lad, COS blatantly left the leg out.

You might watch that again there like a good lad, COS blatantly left the leg out.

He didn't but it was one of those calls that might have went either way.

Anyway, my point was that Nice Guy would prefer using this to attack one club, which is not particularly loved among some of us in Dublin!, rather than praise the great achievement of the club who won.

But if you were familiar with his oeuvre this would not come as a surprise :)

What club did I attack?
    And it was a clear penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

At it early today lads

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Everyone loves a good troll on the journey into work!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

munster87 wrote:
    At it early today lads

It's dole day. We are all up!!!

We need our butter vouchers for some nice butter made on some guy's farm.

Up the Dubs.

Recent results didn't go our way, that's what it's all about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭rm75

Bonniedog wrote: »
    He didn't but it was one of those calls that might have went either way.

Anyway, my point was that Nice Guy would prefer using this to attack one club, which is not particularly loved among some of us in Dublin!, rather than praise the great achievement of the club who won.

But if you were familiar with his oeuvre this would not come as a surprise :)

Crokes couldnt have many complaints ( and they didnt in fairness) . They didnt play well and the better team on the day won. You'd want to be pretty bitter to deny that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

rm75 wrote: »
    Crokes couldnt have many complaints ( and they didnt in fairness) . They didnt play well and the better team on the day won. You'd want to be pretty bitter to deny that.

None of us here are bitter, majority of us have no love for Crokes at all! Bonnie’s only pointing out how ridiculous & petty ‘nice guy’ is with his constant ‘Dublin Dave’ posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Mod Warning

Can we have no further posts calling into question the impartiality of David Gough's officiating nor consequently impugning his integrity as there no evidence to back up this assertion.

Please do not engage in name calling nor accuse others of trolling.Please report a post if you deem it necessary.

• Advertisement

First official night out for the hurlers under Mattie Kenny against Carlow. Hopefully a good start.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement