Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Mordor it is so next weekend. In PP. Bastards couldn't even give us a road trip either. Although Navan is 'nowt more than Dublin 27 these days, isn't it? ;)

I'm constantly telling my wife, her family, and all our friends in Meath that they're just a suburb of Dublin these days. Drives them insane, but the funny thing is, they're starting to agree with me. More Dubs in some of the towns out there than the old locals these days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

He's certainly mixing it up. Some competition for the full back line which is good. Would see O'Carroll and O'Callaghan as leading contenders for the fb spot.

See Rushey in at full forward. Not convinced of that to be honest. Still think he is best placed in half backs and should be getting as much time there as possible as he will surely be one of first picks on the team for the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Going to pop in to this one today as the match in Newbridge doesn't work out for me with timings. Has there been much of a change in the type of hurling under Kenny?

It's hardly rocket science but increasing scoring return from what was good % possession last year Basic minimums for any team with pretence of competing at top level but has good foundation to work on.

Having said that, I've only seen them once since so early days. Is certainly giving lots of lads a run.

• Advertisement

Made hard work of that. Galway in semi final next week. Rushe at full forward. No.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Looking forward to trying out my new hat on Saturday.

It seems as warm as the previous 6, but it has ripples on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Ok so, Cian O'Sullivan threw himself out of a plane somewhere over South Africa yesterday. CK is in Oz, Brian Fenton is still in Miami. Lord only knows where the rest of them all are. I wouldn't be betting the farm on us batin' Monaghan in 2 weeks time.

But who cares right, coz...Big Pimpin' Stoner will look THE BOMB in his new hatá ! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Stoner wrote: »
    Looking forward to trying out my new hat on Saturday.

It seems as warm as the previous 6, but it has ripples on it.

For her pleasure

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Her sister bought me the new Dubs jersey in large for christmas,(god bless her cotton socks),the initial fitting had me showing as much diddy and belly as a young wan heading to the wright venue - on the upside I have til May or so to get me own version of operation transformation up and running.

I haven't worn a jersey in 20 years, content as I am to don the Arnotts polo year in year out. Herself pipes up that I can throw it out now that I have a new one :eek:...there's a nagging feeling the old polo is the unwitting victim in this plot...........

• Advertisement

DoctaDee wrote:
    I haven't worn a jersey in 20 years, content as I am to don the Arnotts polo year in year out. Herself pipes up that I can throw it out now that I have a new one ...there's a nagging feeling the old polo is the unwitting victim in this plot...........

I'm the same. Haven't had a jersey since I stopped playing.
    The Polo's are the job anyway.

Big gap between the games is it 2pm for the hurling and 7 pm for the football?

There must be another game between them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

On separate days brother - Football is the Saturday, Hurling Sunday

DoctaDee wrote: »

That'd be some wait alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Saturday at 7, Sunday at 2, is my understanding, so a whole night between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The Girleens are playing Donegal and Mayo @5.00 pm respectively before each game.

DoctaDee wrote:

I thought it was a double bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I thought it was a double bill!

Don't tell the Mrs. Just stay out!

Betting would suggest that team will be more like the one that beat the Underdogs rather than Tyrone!

Hurling will be interesting as Galway usually put out a strong enough team for Walsh and will be preview of possibly the key game in 1B later on.

Maybe

But maybe it will be a championship style chance to impress for the fringe players.

I think we'll have a competative game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

one or the other for me

hurling wins

Even money the Royals :-)

That was fast! 4/7 Meath now.

Bookies with programmes :-(

Or bookies actually at PP with binoculars.

I'll piss myself laughing if that's a dummy team.

Probably is.

Good man Jim. (Or Clarkey.) Keep the bastards guessing, whether it's January or September. ;)

Be interesting to see how they get on. Be pretty depressing for Meath if their more or less first team cannot beat Dublin's third!!

Looking good for Mordor so far. Up 1-03 to 0-2 pts.

Game is live on LM/FM btw.

Sounded exciting. Meath commentators not impressed at all by their fellas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

What was the Meath lineup like? I didn't know one name in the Dublin starting 15 and only two of the subs.

• Advertisement

Good game, standard was not great but it was end to end. Won on Pennos. Will fill in more later

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement