Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, that's our season over.

Can we cling to any hope given that Westmeath ran them close

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Dublin need to refuse point blank to give Tipp home advantage next weekend.
    Tullamore is the obvious choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Or Portlaoise. We've a lot more experience playing there, than the do. If that matters at all. Which it probably doesn't, seeing as it's feckin' Tipp. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Worst possible draw. Just never seem to be able to handle Tipp in big games. On other hand there is clearly "trouble in't mill" down there so if there were to hit them early for a few goals might psyche them.... but unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Tipp. Ah bollox.

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    Tipp. Ah bollox.

I'd imagine that was exactly GC's reaction!

Be interesting to see where it is played. If Thurles as double header then they might as well not show,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Bonniedog wrote: »
    I'd imagine that was exactly GC's reaction!

Be interesting to see where it is played. If Thurles as double header then they might as well not show,

I've a feeling their footballers are out the same day .. so they'd probably double us up in Semple .. slim and no hope and slim's just left town ..

DoctaDee wrote: »
    I've a feeling their footballers are out the same day .. so they'd probably double us up in Semple .. slim and no hope and slim's just left town ..

Think their footballers were drawn away. Seems that separate starting times are to do with TV and will be separate venues. Probably Tullamore and Portlaoise.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,971 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Think their footballers were drawn away. Seems that separate starting times are to do with TV and will be separate venues. Probably Tullamore and Portlaoise.

Double header in Thurles.

In fairness ye get to play all your finals/semi finals at home so ye can't complain.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »

In fairness ye get to play all your finals/semi finals at home so ye can't complain.

Is that confirmed?

Hurlers by the way almost never get a home game in championship.

• Advertisement

Is that confirmed?

Hurlers by the way almost never get a home game in championship.

Yeah confirmed.

5pm

Kilkenny v Waterford 7pm

Won't be on TV.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Someone on other thread said Dublin had home draw but gave it up? Anyone know if that is true?

Someone on other thread said Dublin had home draw but gave it up? Anyone know if that is true?

There was no draw for home or away. Supposed to be neutral venues. Double header in Thurles made the most sense and Dublin agreed. Probably will get a bigger slice of the proceeds.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2 andrew17

Terrible draw for the hurlers
    Not getting any breaks at the minute at all

There was no draw for home or away. Supposed to be neutral venues. Double header in Thurles made the most sense and Dublin agreed. Probably will get a bigger slice of the proceeds.

I thought we were rolling in cash :)

Shows perhaps what DCB thinks of our hurlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

DCB state they didn't agree, they were just told it was in Thurles - not that playing it anywhere else would've lessened the likelihood of a good drubbing

Not claiming they would beat them anywhere else. But zero chance there. Which would apply to almost any team.

Not claiming they would beat them anywhere else. But zero chance there. Which would apply to almost any team.

We're not exactly invincible in Thurles, well beaten by Cork and barely got over westmeath.

Something seriously wrong with this tipp team.
    I wouldn't be discounting the Dubs chances at all.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

We're not exactly invincible in Thurles, well beaten by Cork and barely got over westmeath.

Something seriously wrong with this tipp team.
    I wouldn't be discounting the Dubs chances at all.

Only time I recall us winning in Tipp was in Nenagh when Lar was over the team in late 80s. Was asking my Dad who can go back to early 50s and he doesn't remember any other win down there. Tipp are just one of those teams that have indian sign over us, unfortunately,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Actually Limerick makes more sense.

Dublin are letting the CCCC know they aren't happy. I can't see any changes being made though as tickets have already been sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭redlead

I agree that it's unfair on Dublin. A round of games is either neutral or not. I'm intrigued to think if people here think that Leinster finals, semi finals and finals involving Dublin should be played outside of Croke Park though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭RuMan

Whatever about the footballers don't think anyone could argue Parnell Park isn't the hurlers home ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

redlead wrote: »
    I agree that it's unfair on Dublin. A round of games is either neutral or not. I'm intrigued to think if people here think that Leinster finals, semi finals and finals involving Dublin should be played outside of Croke Park though?

Non one except the most ardent Anti-Dub would think that.

Where would you play the Leinster final between Dublin and Kildare if not Croke Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

redlead wrote:

Well it's been done to death here you must have read lots of opinion on same in your 7 years on the GAA forum ?

It's obvious that the GAA are unfair in how they look at these venues, sometimes it's money sometimes it's logistics, sometimes it's the handy sensible thing that's selected over the fair one, sometimes both teams agree to it but it but other teams don't.

I can't see that changing, the reasons usually come down to resources and money that at least is universal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭dirtyden

RuMan wrote: »

Whatever about the footballers don't think anyone could argue Parnell Park isn't the hurlers home ground.
    Semple is a GAA venue and it more importantly is a hurling venue. It may give Tipp a small advantage given familiarity but it was the obvious choice for these games given the 4 teams who are playing. I think this thing of a home draw is a moot point. Croke park is the obvious venue when Dublin footballers play because you get the biggest crowd and Semple for this game was the best venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭redlead

Stoner wrote: »
    Well it's been done to death here you must have read lots of opinion on same in your 7 years on the GAA forum ?

It's obvious that the GAA are unfair in how they look at these venues, sometimes it's money sometimes it's logistics, sometimes it's the handy sensible thing that's selected over the fair one, sometimes both teams agree to it but it but other teams don't.

I can't see that changing, the reasons usually come down to resources and money that at least is universal.

Agreed on the reasons but given that Dublin and Tipperary are really the only two counties that ever benefit from getting these home games outside of home/away agreements, I think that it is a bit rich for either county to really complain about it when it goes against them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

dirtyden wrote: »
    Semple is a GAA venue and it more importantly is a hurling venue. It may give Tipp a small advantage given familiarity but it was the obvious choice for these games given the 4 teams who are playing. I think this thing of a home draw is a moot point. Croke park is the obvious venue when Dublin footballers play because you get the biggest crowd and Semple for this game was the best venue.

Matches could have been played in Limerick. Tipp are training in Thurles on a regular basis, it is far from a neutral venue and certainly is a home draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

It's a bit funny listening to Dubs complaining about not getting a neutral venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Jayop wrote: »
    It's a bit funny listening to Dubs complaining about not getting a neutral venue.

Don't you start!

In other news, Dubs hate travelling as well. And know nothing about Ireland past the Red Cow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

redlead wrote:
    I think that it is a bit rich for either county to really complain about it when it goes against them.
    Agreed. We could forget about boards.ie though if removed the need to complain!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement