Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I think Dublin got done over in that game TBH.

Why did the ref change half way also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

TallGlass wrote: »
    I think Dublin got done over in that game TBH.

Why did the ref change half way also?

Ref was carrying an injury from early on. He was limping after 5 mins. Made sense to change if he wasn’t up to the pace of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Division 2 here we come :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Not great, the mark didn't suit us either end.
    The game was going well and then they were drawn into the messy stuff.

Costello did very little, Mannion contributed well.

The lads touch seemed off, MDMAs passes were very heavy.

Mark might suit Connelly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Stoner wrote: »

Where is he anyway? Any confirmation he's still 'retired' or is it just ongoing from last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Seemed to be a massive lack of support for the lads up top, they looked very isolated when they did get on the ball. Hard to pick anyone that played above average. Monaghan played it on their terms and went down very easily with contact, conned both refs!

Not a bad run out for them first time out all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭C__MC

Tricky game for dublin to start with. From beautiful beaches to a heavy clones :pac:

Cavan and kildare were easier games and were only back in division 1 in 17 and 18

Monaghan are a seasoned outfit, dublin sluggish for their standards but hung in as great champions do

He might not say it but I doubt Jim Gavin will get to worked up about the league

Final question, is d connolly returning? Here is hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

It all started so well right up to the 1st black for Small, we lost our flow after that. Needed Howard playing further up the field with Kilkenny missing and he never got the opportunity with all the chopping and changing. Was disappointed with Flynn and Costello's contribution.

Con seems to get tunnel vision once he's in possession thought there were a couple of instances when he could've shifted it on to a better placed player - I'll have a look at the recording, also thought that we shipped more than a fair share of head knocks.

Edit - on Connolly, I've been led to believe he won't be back

Billy Mays wrote:
    McDaid came on for him as a blood sub then got sinbinned just as McAuley was about to come back on. McAuley came on regardless so had to go back off.

Correct.
    Then in the second half they had to bring McDaid down to the line when a quick on off took place and MDMA came back on

• Registered Users Posts: 68,838 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Hi from Monaghan, says my young fella. :)
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRA5VLPR17kIXvdceJ9le1gIZFrcmCtPDFtrUgpr9ey-NEsv6w2HA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Bit too cute to be one of yours :P

Patww79 wrote:
    Where is he anyway? Any confirmation he's still 'retired' or is it just ongoing from last year?

No idea, not sure anyone knows except him

Slattsy wrote:
    Seemed to be a massive lack of support for the lads up top, they looked very isolated when they did get on the ball. Hard to pick anyone that played above average. Monaghan played it on their terms and went down very easily with contact, conned both refs!

Yeah we were near the subs, looked like the ball was not going in to Rock and he looked annoyed when coming off.

Daly, McDaid etc brought the ball in better and Mannion played a few nice passes. Missed McCarthy and McCaffrey bringing the ball in to the forwards.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Bit too cute to be one of yours :P

Win lose or draw, that was an entertaining game of football for January.

Win lose or draw, that was an entertaining game of football for January.

Very.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Stoner wrote: »

Monaghan had their homework done from what I saw today. They pushed up on Comerford an awful lot today forcing him to kick long and the more the game progressed the more they won those balls in midfield, in contrast to us conceding the kick out to Beggan and letting him build from the back.

And secondly, in relation to the 'mark', Monaghan I think got 5 scorable kicks from same when the ball was played in long. I don't think we got the same return , and it also raises the possibility that a big lump like Comer will be more effective as will Clifford with Kerry if we don't try and negate it.

Overall though a very enjoyable day out and roll on next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

I’d be embarrassed if that was my son ;-)

EICVD wrote: »
    I’d be embarrassed if that was my son ;-)

Shuddup or I'll send his ma to see you!

Could be a long day next week. Triple header kicking off with Louth v Laois, followed by the girleens.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Could be a long day next week. Triple header kicking off with Louth v Laois, followed by the girleens.

That's an 18:55 job if there ever was.

• Advertisement

Shuddup or I'll send his ma to see you!

Please do, she deserves some time with a real man ;-)

Will indeed be a long day, last race at Leopardstown is at 4.20! Once I’m in for half 6 I’m happy

EICVD wrote: »
    Please do, she deserves some time with a real man ;-)

That's not what your wan was telling me. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

Not a lot of Positive from Dublin today just home. But as we have seen time and time again Dublin is another animal from mid March.

Not a lot of Positive from Dublin today just home. But as we have seen time and time again Dublin is another animal from mid March.

I don't know. I thought for the first 20/25 minutes we were excellent. Then with the first black card, following on with MDMA and the second card the momentum fell away. Plenty of room for improvent all the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

I don't know. I thought for the first 20/25 minutes we were excellent. Then with the first black card, following on with MDMA and the second card the momentum fell away. Plenty of room for improvent all the same.

Starting off motoring to hit 1-7 to 4 points then completely derailed. Half backs trying to by pass midfield on every attack rather then picking short passes into Chest led to us losing 4 points silly.

Team was very experienced, should of done better but not wholly worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭yobr

And secondly, in relation to the 'mark', Monaghan I think got 5 scorable kicks from same when the ball was played in long. I don't think we got the same return , and it also raises the possibility that a big lump like Comer will be more effective as will Clifford with Kerry if we don't try and negate it.

Overall though a very enjoyable day out and roll on next week.

If you can’t beat em, join em. Maybe Eoghan O’Gara needs a run so we can do likewise.

yobr wrote: »
    If you can’t beat em, join em. Maybe Eoghan O’Gara needs a run so we can do likewise.

That's exactly what the wife said today. Bring him back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

50663811_2055403987868739_1340235456566001664_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.xx&oh=6c8e683e68b42cf880c1b16a5c1dba7e&oe=5CF5B42B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I don't know. I thought for the first 20/25 minutes we were excellent.Then with the first black card, following on with MDMA and the second card the momentum fell away. Plenty of room for improvent all the same.

Those first 20 to 25 minutes were as good as I've seen most especially taking into account the time of the year.

Your lads are only back from the Bahamas.Monaghan always target the league and are now a top top team who I hugely respect given the size of their base.

As other posters mentioned they had work done on the inside mark.

TBH all in all there is little enough for Dublin to be worrying about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement