Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Resources...grumble grumble...Hi Spewan....1.2 million playing population...resources....no 29 1/2 hour commute to training, up hill in the snow, both ways....all full time professionals....grumble grumble...resources...players partners get expenses too...grumble grumble...nice weather in Belo this time of year Spewan?...grumble.... resources....grumble grumble....

.....there, that should keep us all sorted for a while....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Slattsy wrote: »
    Quiet round here when we win, innit :D

Yeah, the begrudgers disappear, but us Dubs are still defrosting after that drive back home.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Interesting news, Rory O'Carroll is back, will be playing with Crokes again. Wonder if he's lost anything.

See here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Perifect

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Resources...grumble grumble...Hi Spewan....1.2 million playing population...resources....no 29 1/2 hour commute to training, up hill in the snow, both ways....all full time professionals....grumble grumble...resources...players partners get expenses too...grumble grumble...nice weather in Belo this time of year Spewan?...grumble.... resources....grumble grumble....

.....there, that should keep us all sorted for a while....

I can't make out a lot of your post but don't Dublin get far more resources, have a bigger population and their players have a shorter commute to training? Whatever about the rights and wrongs, surely facts can't be denied?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Perifect wrote: »
    I can't make out a lot of your post but don't Dublin get far more resources, have a bigger population and their players have a shorter commute to training? Whatever about the rights and wrongs, surely facts can't be denied?

Yeah, but we don't have that clean country air that all you guys have, so I'd say it's about even, to be honest.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, but we don't have that clean country air that all you guys have, so I'd say it's about even, to be honest.....

....and we waste hours of our lives in gridlock. That has to be a disadvantage too.:D

Or silage. And slurry.

(Is there a difference?)

You have to be able to smell both silage & slurry if you get up in the middle of the night for a coddle sambo to be a true Gael. Which none of our lads are. Obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

CatInABox wrote:
    Interesting news, Rory O'Carroll is back, will be playing with Crokes again. Wonder if he's lost anything.

Is this true? Fantastic news if it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭rm75

Rory O'Carroll back in Ireland gone a long time but be interesting to see if he can get back. Be a big addition to the squad if he does.

He's gone 4 years now.

Bit of a stretch to say he'd just walk straight back on to the team, after all that time. Even for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

He's gone 4 years now.

Bit of a stretch to say he'd just walk straight back on to the team, after all that time. Even for him.

If & it’s a big if we see Rory back playing intercounty, it’ll be next year. Give him a year playing club at least

• Registered Users Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Or silage. And slurry.

(Is there a difference?)

One is compressed wet grass... the other comes out of a cow's ass.

Hey that rhymes !

Always knew you had the soul of poet.

But you didn't know it.

Plenty of farms in Dublin lads.

Stoner wrote: »
    Is this true? Fantastic news if it is

Meant to say he's just back in Ireland, and playing club. He's not back with Dublin yet, but I'm sure that Gavin was one of the first to hear.

Plenty of farms in New Zealand too lads. Is that what he was doing?

Yes.

He was working as a social worker in a prison in New Zealand counselling cows with post traumatic slurry disorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I heard he was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar.

Was Connolly farming in Boston?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,190 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Yes.

He was working as a social worker in a prison in New Zealand counselling cows with post traumatic slurry disorder.

*insert joke here about it being a rewarding job....with him getting a regular PAT on the back*

**don't bother inserting joke as most Dubs won't get the cow PAT reference**

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Pat is funny name to call a cow.

PARlance wrote: »
    *insert joke here about it being a rewarding job....with him getting a regular PAT on the back*

That's very unfair.

We're all big fans of Pat's here.

The Sunday Game would be very dull without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,890 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Perifect wrote: »
    Was Connolly farming in Boston?

No, he was on a holiday for three months funded out of the money given to Dublin GAA by the government so that he could rest and rejuvenate himself for this year.

blanch152 wrote: »
    No, he was on a holiday for three months funded out of the money given to Dublin GAA by the government so that he could rest and rejuvenate himself for this year.

Don't forget the experimental stem cell treatments that he was given as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭C__MC

Anyone here have access to Philip mc mahons documentary? The hardest hit. It’s not on RTE player. I would be forever grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Don't forget the experimental stem cell treatments that he was given as well.

I heard they were cloning his personality for weapons of mass destruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

PARlance wrote: »

What has Portable Appliance Testing got to
    Do
    With Cowsh😂😂😂😂

I think it has something to do with the horse manure that regularly comes out of Pat Spillane's gob. But I'm not entirely sure.

Edit: Are you sure you don't mean Portable Appliance Throwing device? The Mayo mob know all about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭rm75

The other way of looking at is Dublin have to take the league seriously. because the standard in leinster is so poor it is no preparation in any real sense.

Meh, not sure it's much different in the other provinces , wouldnt put any of the other teams in Munster outside Kerry above Kildare or Meath for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

That's a fair point. I'd put money on Kildare and Meath beating anyone in Munster bar Kerry

Could be three ahead of them in Con but I'd say either of them versus Roscommon would be a good game.

Kildare did the business on Mayo last year.

You've Monaghan and Tyrone in Ulster.

Who knows where Donegal are now you'd think they could beat most on their day but wouldn't be surprised to see Meath or Kildare beat them either

Cavan and Fermanagh would be competitive against most teams

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement