Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

This wikipedia article lists players who have 'played in finals' it might be some sort of help.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_All-Ireland_Senior_Football_Championship_winning_players

Strangely there is no list of all-ireland football medal winners, but there is only a list of the hurling equivalent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_All-Ireland_Senior_Hurling_Championship_medal_winners

The football list must have been hacked by a Mayo person?

Clearly wrong, as they have the max as 6, when we know some have 8. Ctrl+F for the word Moran reveals Ogie Moran isn't there, so not reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Gael85 wrote: »
    Eoghan O'Gara

Cool, added to the list (along with their ages):

Stephen Cluxton - 37
    Bernard Brogan - 35
    Eoghan O'Gara - 33
    Michael Darragh MacAuley - 32
    Kevin McManamon – 32
    Phily McMahon - 31
    Cian O'Sullivan – 31
    Michael Fitzsimons - 30
    James McCarthy - 29

So are all 9 of those guys still on the Dublin panel for this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

mystic86 wrote:
    So are all 9 of those guys still on the Dublin panel for this year?

They all had a run in the league anyway.

You might need to add Darren Daly to the list too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Parnell pass arrived this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Looks like O'Carroll and Connolly could be back in the fold. Looking forward now more than ever to the Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Parnell pass arrived this morning

Yup panic over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭rolling boh

I see the nally option back in better get in early if we make a really big game later in the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Donald Trumped

Interesting challenge match took place last night in Kilkenny between the Cork and Dublin senior footballers. Cork won. Some are suggesting that they won as much as 6 points. Nothing to panic at all from a Dublin point of view in my opinion, as knowing how ruthless Jim Gavin is, that this performance albeit a challenge match, will be a stick to beat the players with and will ensure no complacency in training, especially in those A v B games that are as intense as any match they play in Leinster in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭muddle84

Paul Flynn gave a very good interview with Colm Parkinson on the gaa hour. Really good to listen to. He goes back over his whole career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Anyone know what time be time enough to leave Swords to get to Nowlan Park at 18:45.
    Usually get the train but driving this time.

And places to park.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Anyone know what time be time enough to leave Swords to get to Nowlan Park at 18:45.
    Usually get the train but driving this time.

And places to park.

Cheers.

O loughlins gaa club near Nowlan park.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Joe Daly wrote: »
    O loughlins gaa club near Nowlan park.

You'd be lucky to get into O'Loughlins unless you were there early doors, We arrived down for the Limerick match an hour before and they were turning people away.

Great spot if you can get in, and nice club house, Usually sambos going for the early bird!

The LIDL or ALDI across the way is an alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Bonniedog wrote: »
    You'd be lucky to get into O'Loughlins unless you were there early doors, We arrived down for the Limerick match an hour before and they were turning people away.

Great spot if you can get in, and nice club house, Usually sambos going for the early bird!

The LIDL or ALDI across the way is an alternative.

Or Saint Canices hospital grounds near nowlan park .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Trying to view the positives at least that loss was not as sickening as last year against 'The Cats' in Parnell.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Trying to view the positives at least that loss was not as sickening as last year against 'The Cats' in Parnell.

Nowlan Park is a tough place to go to for any team. We're still a work in progress.

Same every year. Fly out the gate 1st half. Die on their arse 2nd.
    Need to beat Wexford now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭MFPM

Same every year. Fly out the gate 1st half. Die on their arse 2nd.
    Need to beat Wexford now.

Agree, it's a real problem although so is a misfiring set of forwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭C__MC

To be fair Dublin hurlers haven’t really impacted on the championship since 2013, they defiantly not in contention to win Leinster or all Ireland.
    They just lack something, can’t put my finger on it. I can guarantee you , they’ll Be close next week but still lose!

Glad I missed that!

Must have been an utterly depressing journey back for those who bothered to travel. Even from the wireless it was obvious that they had lost that game in the first ten minutes of the second half.

Didn't see it, and am not going to watch the SG, so can't comment on tactics, performances etc.

Next week Wexford, who are fresh and see this as a great chance to beat someone other than Carlow, and they would be correct. And even Carlow in Carlow is going to be no pushover judging by today.

Fact is, if they switch off as they have done in last two games, they are finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,761 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

C__MC wrote: »
    To be fair Dublin hurlers haven’t really impacted on the championship since 2013, they defiantly not in contention to win Leinster or all Ireland.
    They just lack something, can’t put my finger on it. I can guarantee you , they’ll Be close next week but still lose!

It is either fitness or belief or both?
    I think they just need a bit of momentum to solve the belief part.
    I am not saying they should be beating everyone.
    At least there seems to be some sort of structure, direction and plan from Kenny, which did not always seem to be the case with Ger Cunningham for example.

I suppose. Maybe it is unfair to say they are not fit? Because when Gilroy was manager he seemed to have them running like mad.

I am glad the next game is Parnell as they should be able to really put it up to Wexford there. If not win it.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

It is either fitness or belief or both?
    I think they just need a bit of momentum to solve the belief part.
    I am not saying they should be beating everyone.
    At least there seems to be some sort of structure, direction and plan from Kenny, which did not always seem to be the case with Ger Cunningham for example.

I suppose. Maybe it is unfair to say they are not fit? Because when Gilroy was manager he seemed to have them running like mad.

I am glad the next game is Parnell as they should be able to really put it up to Wexford there. If not win it.

KK certainly outworked us in the second half. Was it greater fitness or greater resolve though? Hard to know. I'm not sure Kenny places the same importance on physical conditioning that Gilroy did but then again Gilroys team didn't win any close ones either last year. That probably points to an inferiority complex or at least a lesser belief in ones ability to win. Whats the solution? Well you can't fake confidence but someone needs to teach these lads to better visualise positive outcomes. That and we need to show more aggression. KK bullied us a little and we didn't respond.

In summary i think we have a very talented team who just lack what the more traditional hurling counties take for granted.....an expectation that they're going to win.

It can't be down to conditioning. Cuala did ferocious training under Kenny and they got second wind against Limerick.

It's just down to not being able to match the intensity of top teams most days.

Look at Tipp today. A shadow of the team that contested the league, but almost same personnel who even their own were saying were over the hill!

We're just missing something. Had element of surprise last year because league was so bad, Now, other teams are prepared.

Next week is real test because fitzy is fked if they don't at very least make the play offs and Dublin are their best chance to ensure that. We lose and its a relegation play off on Carlow's pitch. Its as stark as that ….

Just tried to get a ticket for Sunday. None available. It’s not sold out is it??

I presume they are going to be selling tickets to PP holders from tomorrow?

Last year, PP stand holders lost out to Kilkenny season tickets. there is no way Wexford have any more than a couple of thousand, and they ought not to have first call.

I presume they are going to be selling tickets to PP holders from tomorrow?

Last year, PP stand holders lost out to Kilkenny season tickets. there is no way Wexford have any more than a couple of thousand, and they ought not to have first call.

Not a Parnell Pass holder. Just have a season ticket for the footie.
    Will try SuperValu tomorrow.

Checked DCB site. Nothing about tickets!

There are terrace tickets on ticket.ie I think.

Tried said none available at this time please try later.
    I’ll sort something.

Tried said none available at this time please try later.
    I’ll sort something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Anton o Toole RIP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement