Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Joekers wrote: »
    Any radio commentary or way to watch the hurling online?

https://tippfm.com/

Not on TV, due to GAA HQ and their tactics to increase match attendence by witholding TV coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

4 goals conceded in the first half, tipp made **** of dooley in the league and it sound like theyre doing it again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It was always going to be tough going to Thurles, but man, that's a bad scoreline, and it's not even over yet.

Hope the lads who walked away from the panel are thinking long and hard tonight, the young lads have done tremendous all year feel sorry for them to be going through this now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭The White Feather

The second half has just begun and Tipp get another goal.

I presume this means the end of Cunningham in Dublin today

Hope the lads who walked away from the panel are thinking long and hard tonight, the young lads have done tremendous all year feel sorry for them to be going through this now

F**k that its their right to not to give up a huge chunk of their lives just to be abused by misused a cork clown.

the sooner this game is over and ger and his carpet bagging pals are packed into their clown car to return to langerland the better

Bambi wrote: »
    F**k that its their right to not to give up a huge chunk of their lives just to be abused by misused a cork clown.

the sooner this game is over and ger and his carpet bagging pals are packed into their clown car to return to langerland the better

I understand that completely I just couldn't leave any friend to sink like that, they should went about it in a much better organised way. Its just so disheartening for everyone involved.

All will be delighted to see GC gone Monday morning but like where do you go from here?

All will be delighted to see GC gone Monday morning but like where do you go from here?

Hope he takes half the county board with him?

Hope he takes half the county board with him?

And rightly so I would say but just how did we get to this point when just before Daly left we couldn't praise the county board enough for the work behind the scenes etc so what has gone so wrong since then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Been following Dublin hurling since the early 70s. Safe to say this is probably the worst humiliation of all. Thank fk no TV station showed it.

GC gone, but as above, the ones who walked away need to have a look at themselves too.

This will all have implications down the line, as it did in Cork and Limerick, no matter who's in charge next.

And rightly so I would say but just how did we get to this point when just before Daly left we couldn't praise the county board enough for the work behind the scenes etc so what has gone so wrong since then?

Andy kettle passed away is my guess. Daly had a few run ins with the football-first contingent in the board

Andy kettle passed away is my guess. Daly had a few run ins with the football-first contingent in the board

That never crossed my mind tbh, I wouldn't have much knowledge of what goes on in the background just go on what is out in the public domain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I heard Ger Cunningham is going to be given another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

corny wrote: »
    I heard Ger Cunningham is going to be given another year.

Haha good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Would Liam Sheedy do the job?

TBH it wouldnt f**king suprised if they didnt

they should be taking the gob****e to court, his level of ineptitude is beyond incompetence and into malice

Badabing wrote: »
    Would Liam Sheedy do the job?

I thought he said he'd only manage tipp? Could be wrong mind

At this stage I'd rather we fell or rose under one of our own, at least we wouldnt wind up with another shower of carpet baggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Bambi wrote:

He works in Dublin, big job in one of the banks. Could do worse

Badabing wrote: »
    He works in Dublin, big job in one of the banks. Could do worse

I'm pretty sure the idea was floated before and he ruled himself out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Haha good one.

I'm itching to hear his post match thoughts. He's gonna throw everyone under the bus if he's already been told he won't be kept on.

I'd like to see a Dub get it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

At this stage I'd rather we fell or rose under one of our own, at least we wouldnt wind up with another shower of carpet baggers.

What about Mattie Kenny?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Couldn't head down to the game today unfortunately. Heard it was pretty much over after 20 minutes but the lads kept ploughing away with the same tactics regardless. Can't say I'm surprised at the score line. Tipp have dished out a few hidings to us recently and this is just another one to add to a pretty impressive resume for us under GC.

One thing is for certain, he hasn't left us in better shape then when he took over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Cody may be available...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

corny wrote:
    I'm itching to hear his post match thoughts. He's gonna throw everyone under the bus if he's already been told he won't be kept on.

Whatever about who gets it it where they are from, the way he hangs lads out to dry is one of the main reasons lads won't play for him imo. I know BDog holds the players more accountable, but this isn't the 70's there's more commitment now than ever. At the very least the managers have to have your back. All the successful ones have that in common even when nobody else agrees. It's a team and a squad game now, management are part of the team.

Stoner wrote: »
    Whatever about who gets it it where they are from, the way he hangs lads out to dry is one of the main reasons lads won't play for him imo. I know BDog holds the players more accountable, but this isn't the 70's there's more commitment now than ever. At the very least the managers have to have your back. All the successful ones have that in common even when nobody else agrees. It's a team and a squad game now, management are part of the team.

Sure it was just before the Galway game where he said there was no conflict in the camp and lads walked because they could hack the commitment of inter-county hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Dunno.

Is it correct that the county board allowed club fixtures to be played on the same day as the county team travel to Tipperary to play a championship game?

hinault wrote: »
    Dunno.

Is it correct that the county board allowed club fixtures to be played on the same day as the county team travel to Tipperary to play a championship game?

Yep, cant have the hurling interfering with a busy club football calendar. That's the problem that will remain when cunningham leaves. The county board don't really care.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Is he gone yet?

• Advertisement

hinault wrote: »
    Dunno.

No of course it isn't its disgraceful but who's the ones to blame on the board?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement