Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

The team that is going for there eight Leinster in a row.

https://twitter.com/dublinladiesg/status/1145268128772960256?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

The game will be streaming live on LGFA Facebook.

Laois next Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'm leaving now to beat the M7 roadworks.

That was some walloping handed out by Laois. Didn't expect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Laois next Sunday.

A game they need to dominate from the start and put beyond Laois from an early stage. Last thing they need is a dogfight with the potential to pick up more injuries.

Brennan will no doubt have Laois well up for it, but this is bonus territory for them. they've achieved their year's goal. Dublin haven't yet. Am confident MK will have their heads right for this one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭rm75

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I'm leaving now to beat the M7 roadworks.

That was some walloping handed out by Laois. Didn't expect that.

Any idea on throw in time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Tyrone in ze Super 8s unless something mental happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yeah & it'll be our away game too again, won't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Delighted. Time now to set down another marker over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Slattsy wrote:
    Tyrone in ze Super 8s unless something mental happens.

Was the best game last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Is it on Sky? Ha!

Looks like it will be Dublin, Cork, Tyrone and Rossies in one group.

Kerry, Donegal, actually fancy Clare to beat Meath, and hard to say between Galway and Mayo.

Dublin/Kerry semi I feel! Be nice segue into kicking them off the history channel :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Dermo refused his Visa for Boston. Appealing esta **** up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Gael85

rm75 wrote: »
    Any idea on throw in time ?

I wonder will it be double header with Clare/Meath?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

DoctaDee wrote: »
    DC may have to make alternative plans for the summer
    Dermo refused his Visa for Boston. Appealing esta **** up

;) indeed

DoctaDee wrote:
    indeed

We were all doing very well blanking this one.

Then you stroll in out of the wilderness with your big blue mod Stetson hat on and kick the doors open on it !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

If you think it is bad now.
    Just wait until the Dublin hurlers start putting it up to the 'traditional counties' regularly, then winning Liam McCarthy that is when the real fun will start.... :D

Oh and I always refer the misguided to two books -
    1. Gaaconomics by Michael Moyinhan

2. Dublin: The Chaos Years: How the Dubs Made a Mess of Things for So Long – and How They Turned It Around by Neil Cotter

Tell them to read those since they are so interested in Dublin and the finances of the GAA.
    It will surprise them.
    Shatters a lot of myths.

Michael Moynihan was on the Last Word with Ewan Mackenna kicking up as big a stink as him on the Dublin funding issue on Friday evening.

It’s a ****e book by the way, equal parts boring and irrevalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Stoner wrote: »
    We were all doing very well blanking this one.

Then you stroll in out of the wilderness with your big blue mod Stetson hat on and kick the doors open on it !!!

I was deliberately vague with my OP as I'd heard thru the grapevine he was stopped but didn't want it out there .. but I never lose the opportunity for a good old "told ya so" .. It's a flaw I'm working on!, Hope all's well with ya ..

DoctaDee wrote: »
    I was deliberately vague with my OP as I'd heard thru the grapevine he was stopped but didn't want it out there .. but I never lose the opportunity for a good old "told ya so" .. It's a flaw I'm working on!, Hope all's well with ya ..

He's appealing. Decision to be known Wednesday

He's appealing. Decision to be known Wednesday

He's been there before. If that's what he wants then very disappointed for him.

I sincerely hope nobody deliberately intervened to stop him.

• Advertisement

Bonniedog wrote: »
    He's been there before. If that's what he wants then very disappointed for him.

I sincerely hope nobody deliberately intervened to stop him.

No he was rejected on a discrepancy on his esta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

It's an appalling esta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

I can see you beating cork and Roscommon by 10+ points. I only give Tyrone a chance if Gavin fields a weakened team. I presume next year Kerry will be in your group? That would be more exciting especially if Kerry had home advantage.

RoyalCelt wrote:
    That would be more exciting especially if Kerry had home advantage.

If it happened it would be a great trip. Tyrone away was great last year.

From a footballing point of view I genuinely don't think playing away has any significant impact on this team.

However they prefer a bigger pitch, so having a smaller home pitch is an advantage imo.

Its obviously easier for the crowd, I think Tyrone were right to narrow the pitch last year because messing with the pitch is the only way to get some footballing advantage from being at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭dia squish

Thinking of heading to Portlaoise for the hurling on Sunday - would I need to buy tickets in advance?

dia squish wrote: »
    Thinking of heading to Portlaoise for the hurling on Sunday - would I need to buy tickets in advance?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭La Bamba

Hi all,

First time posting on the Dubs forum so apologies if this is done to death. I was genuinely interested on what your perspectives would be on Ewan MacKennas article yesterday?. I feel like some people simply roll their eyea when they see his name and a Dublin article (non Dubs included) so at times decent points are actually lost as people read the headline not the small text.

https://punditarena.com/gaa/emackenna/ewan-mackenna-monday-dublin-advantage/

To be clear, I am not attacking or belittling Dublin here I am just hoping to get your perspectives on why you might disagree with the points made in this article. Unfortunately the quality of discussion on twitter has gone to the dogs and people tend to attack the man not the ball so I was hoping to get some genuine Dubliners perspectives on this here!

Hi labamba, there's are a few threads on this already, this tends to derail the thread completely when raised here.

You'd get your feedback from boards there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

You’d be very disappointed if the U20 footballers manage to throw away the QF in Longford tonight, up 1-8 to 0-0 after 13 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

EICVD wrote: »
    You’d be very disappointed if the U20 footballers manage to throw away the QF in Longford tonight, up 1-8 to 0-0 after 13 minutes.

1-15 to 0-2 at HT

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement