Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

EICVD wrote: »
    1-15 to 0-2 at HT

Is there much of a wind ……...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Bonniedog wrote: »

If there was it changed direction at HT...4-21 to 0-7 the final score

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So, hurling wise, if we get past Laois then we face Tipp. Not terrible, I think we could take them if we perform, but it's in Croke Park, not very many happy memories over the last few years there.

Have to admit though, I don't know how Laois are getting on these days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

EICVD wrote: »

If there was it changed direction at HT...4-21 to 0-7 the final score

It's the financial doping that caused the wind to change at half time.....

CatInABox wrote: »
    So, hurling wise, if we get past Laois then we face Tipp. Not terrible, I think we could take them if we perform, but it's in Croke Park, not very many happy memories over the last few years there.

Should beat Laois comfortably. Only concern would be that they turn it into a dogfight and we pick up more injuries.

Need to put it away early and empty the bench.

Tipp in Croker is better than Tipp in Thurles obviously but not by much. CP is no advantage, quite the opposite and will be embarrassingly small crowd as most will have left early in our game. Would have been much better to have them in smaller venue.

Tipp will be much different proposition than last Sunday so will take our best performance ever to take them. Not impossible, but 3/1 shot at best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Bonniedog wrote:
    Tipp will be much different proposition than last Sunday so will take our best performance ever to take them. Not impossible, but 3/1 shot at best.

I agree, I imagine there will an attempt to regain some respect on their part, we might get the backlash

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

CatInABox wrote: »

I do too. I'm not subscribing to the notion that there's an appreciable gap between Munster and Leinster. Our league win in Thurles would seem to add weight to that. A good performance has us right there in my book.

Shouldn't take Laois for granted of course but i hope the game is over by half time. We're probably the poorest in the AI when it comes to back to back games. If Laois take us all the way i'd be sure Tipp will take control of the last 10 minutes the following week.

interestingly, it was runners up Westmeath who did best of the JMD teams in the preliminaries last year. "Only" beaten by 11 by Wexford. Limerick had 24 to spare over Carlow.

Obviously Limerick went on to win AI but they got their fill of it against the Cats the next day. Wexford went out tamely enough to Clare. Can't really take much from that.

JMD teams as Carlow proved are well off the pace of the senior teams in their first year, never mind going straight into a game a week after their own final.

So anything other than Dublin and Cork wins be pretty extraordinary. Wouldn't be too hung up on the margin. It is just a game to be gotten through but more comfortably the better. A leisurely 7/8 point win settled in first 20 minutes would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

I just heard that the Dublin Game - Round 1 is on Saturday 13th in Croker at 7:00pm

The evening before the hurling quarter finals, so most likely Dublin and Cork be in both - or indeed Laois could be in both - in which case I will be lying in bed with a pillow over my head and a bottle of Smirnoff within reach.

Fixtures coming thick and fast now and all be over in 7 weeks. Crazy to be giving up the month of September when you think of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Any idea when we'll be playing Tyrone?

And will tickets be hard to come by?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

Slattsy wrote: »

Loads spare last year.. People actually giving them away for free outside the stadium.

It's fixed for the August Bank Holiday weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Loads spare last year.. People actually giving them away for free outside the stadium.

Cheers man.

Think we'll head up for that all going well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

It was packed to the rafters last year.

It was packed to the rafters last year.

That was my recall. Even had people I know in Tyrone asking me for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Yes
    Would you really expect the capacity to be tested? Won't be many from Kildare. Probably the guts of 20k between Dublin, meath and laois however. What's it hold, 25k?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Bank holiday weekend. Saturday I’d imagine.
    Regarding tickets I’d say it will be sold out but if your quick you should get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

IRE60 wrote: »
    I just heard that the Dublin Game - Round 1 is on Saturday 13th in Croker at 7:00pm

Roscommon is Saturday 20th at 7pm too.

I have no issue with tickets ever and my usual lurkers I couldn't sort. There definitely wasn't tickets being sold outside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Tickets were very hard to come by that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Has the Cavan Tyrone game been called off with Tyrone getting a bye?

I see sky still has it scheduled. Will they show the cork game instead do you think ? Handy its the same time as the Cavan Tyrone game was originally scheduled for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭celt262

Has the Cavan Tyrone game been called off with Tyrone getting a bye?

I see sky still has it scheduled. Will they show the cork game instead do you think ? Handy its the same time as the Cavan Tyrone game was originally scheduled for.

Yeah i think Cavan have conceded they afraid of getting through and meeting the dubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

celt262 wrote: »
    Yeah i think Cavan have conceded they afraid of getting through and meeting the dubs.
    Pity, beating Roscommon in the first game and then a game against Cork or Laois in Croker to qualify for a semi, before hosting an probably already qualified Dublin in Breffni, would have been a nice prospect.

I have no issue with tickets ever and my usual lurkers I couldn't sort. There definitely wasn't tickets being sold outside

So I just imagined it.. Grand

Definitely mate. There's another 3 here saying the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Any hurling walls near Drumcondra open for public use?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Barrogs in Killbarack have one. Not sure if a member of the public can just rock up and use it. Give 'em a ring and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Any hurling walls near Drumcondra open for public use?

Na Fianna

Setanta use the front wall of their club as one

Dunno if either are open to public use, ask nicely :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Bambi wrote: »
    Na Fianna

Setanta use the front wall of their club as one

Dunno if either are open to public use, ask nicely :D

The handball alley in Na Fianna or is there an actual hurling wall there? Signs up saying no sliotars in the alley

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement