Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

DoctaDee wrote:
    In saying that if they do get their fair share of possession then Feely & Moolick may well provide some quality into Flynn and Brophy, it could give Lowndes a totally different day from last looking after Brophy

What do you make of Lowdnes as a corner back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Changes but not the expected ones.

Daly and O'Gara in, Cooper and McManamon out. KK starting at midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

corny wrote: »

where did you see team? Not on DCB site as far as I can see.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

thanks for that cat person!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

I'll eat my hat if that's the team that lines up at throw in tomorrow

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Daly is a surprise, thought he was uncharacteristically poor against Kerry in the league final. A player I like a lot but I'm surprised he's named as starting,.
    Kilkenny in midfield isn't that much of a surprise. Pretty young half-forward line.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Stoner wrote: »
    Daly is a surprise, thought he was uncharacteristically poor against Kerry in the league final. A player I like a lot but I'm surprised he's named as starting,.
    Kilkenny in midfield isn't that much of a surprise. Pretty young half-forward line.

Its even more a surprise he's come in for Cooper. He's done nothing wrong.

I wonder has it anything to do with his interview he gave a couple of weeks ago. He seemingly backed Spillane and brought the focus of the media back on Connolly 'training away'. Honest answers but he could have batted both questions away quite easily.

Or is that just a mad conspiracy theory? He's probably just injured.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I wonder has it anything to do with his interview he gave a couple of weeks ago. He seemingly backed Spillane and brought the focus of the media back on Connolly 'training away'. Honest answers but he could have batted both questions away quite easily.

Where's MAM when you need him haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Gael85

Daly started the last day and McManamon was on bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

EOG get's full forward again nice mix of flair and the agricultural I think, if that team starts.
    Fair play to EOG if he stays in the team, plenty of Dubs supporters give him fierce abuse.
    I like his whole hearted approach and effort.
    Gives an outlet for the high ball.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Patser wrote: »
    Looking like a big crowd for Sunday. No lower tier tickets on sale, upper Cusack now unavailable too. Got in early yesterday for Upper Cusack with kids ticket and was seated near half way line, so large amount of sales yesterday.

Is the Hill open with U2 playing next week? I believe prep for Coldplay was the reason it wasn't open for the hurling final.

Didn't have time to go up to Dorset Street this week to collect the Parnell Pass tickets and only Nally on Ticketbastard or tickets.ie

If it's open I'll just try get something around the ground tomorrow.

Hill is definitely open, and sold out I think. Seem to be expecting upwards of 60k.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

60k sold as of this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know if the Hill is sold out for tomorrow? I went to buy tickets on Ticketmaster and selected standing and it offers me "Sec NALLYW" which I dont think adds up unless the Nally Stand has a standing section? I had thought it is all seated in the Nally?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Hill is sold out for tomorrow? I went to buy tickets on Ticketmaster and selected standing and it offers me "Sec NALLYW" which I dont think adds up unless the Nally Stand has a standing section? I had thought it is all seated in the Nally?

Hill is sold out I believe. Nally is all standing as well.

The section to left of Hill is Nally terrace. Not a bad view unless you get stuck in far corner. Hill is well sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Bonniedog wrote: »
    The section to left of Hill is Nally terrace. Not a bad view unless you get stuck in far corner. Hill is well sold out.

Yeah it is the corner I want to avoid, Im not a fan of watching games from that angle. Tickets.ie is offering me
    Nally Terrace - Standing NALLC3 G66 792 EUR 25.00

Anyone know if Nally C3 is the corner or the section right next to the Hill? The seating map just shows the Nally as one large terrace but as far as I can see there is three sections in it.

Yeah it is the corner I want to avoid, Im not a fan of watching games from that angle. Tickets.ie is offering me

Anyone know if Nally C3 is the corner or the section right next to the Hill? The seating map just shows the Nally as one large terrace but as far as I can see there is three sections in it.

Designation means nothing. Earlier you are in better position you will get. Same as Hill. Indeed there was a time when certain chaps negotiated the barrier between Nally and Hill to enter the inner sanctum!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Cooper picked up a knock in training

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

There isn't allocated seating in the Nally. Just like The Hill, it's all standing. Where you wind up on the day, depends entirely on where you decide to stand & how early you get there. The Hill & Nally tickets all have a computerized row/space assigned to them, so they can keep track of the tickets, I suppose. But unlike the seated stand tickets, they are not enforced on the day....other than the Guards/stewards herding people into other sections of the terraces, as the most popular spots become full.

Monaghan next game? Is that correct assuming we beat Kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Slattsy wrote: »
    Monaghan next game? Is that correct assuming we beat Kildare?
    No. They've to go into a draw on Monday with Armagh and the losers of the Leinster and Ulster finals. Monaghan can't play Down and we can't play Kildare again in the Quarter Finals.

Assuming Dublin win they won't know who they get until after the next round of qualifiers.

You will end up in the Riddle factory if you try to work out possibilities prior to that! It is Ulster side of draw so possible it will be Monaghan.

I think he will start Scully. Not so sure about O'Gara though

Big day for O'Callaghan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

subs named are -

16. Evan Comerford
    17. Denis Bastick
    18. Bernard Brogan
    19. David Byrne (olaf)
    20. Shane Carthy (vin)
    21. Brian Howard
    22. Philip McMahon
    23. Kevin McManamon
    24. Ciaran Reddin
    25. Mark Schütte
    26. John Small

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Stoner wrote: »
    I think he will start Scully. Not so sure about O'Gara though

Big day for O'Callaghan.

And he stood up to the challenge. Along with Brogan and Mannion also. Excellent.

I'd say Dean Rock is worried after that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Donal55 wrote: »
    And he stood up to the challenge. Along with Brogan and Mannion also. Excellent.

Only thing is another hurler is added to the list of those who pick Dublin football > Dublin hurling.
    Not a hope in hell Con will hurl for the Dublin seniors now :(

Great performance by the team. Although I did think they took thier foot off the pedal after the two goals.

I was wondering has this dublin squad has got three years at the very top?

We have been spoiled by them.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Only thing is another hurler is added to the list of those who pick Dublin football > Dublin hurling.
    Not a hope in hell Con will hurl for the Dublin seniors now :(

Yep another lad lost forever

Nice one Ger.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement