Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Slattsy wrote: »
    Paddy Small going to be some player. Looks like this could be his breakthrough year, thought he took his chance extremely well last weekend.

He'll have to up his work rate though. He watched a Roscommon player run passed him more than once and never bothered himself to track back. One time Brain Howard (who'd run himself into the ground at this stage) blatantly had to work across to cover for him. Scored a couple of nice points but he'll definitely have to apply himself more in games if he wants a starting jersey. Still only young of course.

Talking of work rate Brian Howard approached Paul Flynn levels of running last day. McCaffrey or the fancy lad from Kerry will probably win FOTY but i can't believe anyone is going to top Howards last two games in terms of all around performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Howard robbed last year. I'd have him every day of the week. Twinkle toes as I like to call him.

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Awyone know when the dchedual for the semi final is finalised- do we have to wait until group one is decided?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

IRE60 wrote: »
    Awyone know when the dchedual for the semi final is finalised- do we have to wait until group one is decided?

99% sure Dublin will be on the Saturday but yes they will wait until the pairings are known and no doubt the TV partners are 'consulted'!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Dates and times for the Semifinals here. Where we end up in the standings determines what day we'll be on.

https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial/status/1154393090620305410

As an aside, the new twitter is ****ing awful, even copying a link to a tweet is harder to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

CatInABox wrote: »
    Dates and times for the Semifinals here. Where we end up in the standings determines what day we'll be on.

As an aside, the new twitter is ****ing awful, even copying a link to a tweet is harder to do.

Try Echofon, I prefer it to twitter itself, great app.

The outrage will start now re scheduling����������

What's the outrage? It appears I've missed something?!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Outrage that winners of our group get only 6 day turnaround?

Personally feel the short break to semi should be doubled, but main complaint is that they delay deciding the semi dates until now for some unknown reason, they know exactly nothing more now than the did at pretty much the start of the season.

The only reason not to have a double header is likely Mayo going through, but even then with the poor attendances across the board a double header wouldn’t be out of order and would be fairer to all teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Slattsy wrote: »
    What's the outrage? It appears I've missed something?!

It appears our country cousins are upset at the possibly of us playing on a Saturday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

ArielAtom wrote: »
    It appears our country cousins are upset at the possibly of us playing on a Saturday evening.

Dublin's fault again I spose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,400 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

ArielAtom wrote: »

Sure we could be playing on Thursday morning and they’d be giving out....probably about how unfair that the Dublin players are allowed to eat breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

CatInABox wrote: »

The fella who gives out the tickets at my club was giving out about this - he will only have short notice to get the SF tickets as as a consequence.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Is game in Tyrone a sell out? No tickets on Gaa tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Minors denied two penalties at end for handling ball on ground in square.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Drumpot wrote: »
    Is game in Tyrone a sell out? No tickets on Gaa tickets

Probably is. They were on sale last Monday.

Bonniedog wrote: »

Conceding 5 goals is ****ing criminal though.

Good to see an Isles man starting for Dublin again.

Even if his Da had to pick him :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,247 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial/status/1155151610445742080?s=20

Great goal for young Archer. Looks a real player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Bonniedog wrote:

Is it not a 21 yard free for picking the ball off the ground? Thought one of them was the goalie too which he can do inside the small square.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Can i just turn up with the season ticket in Omagh and get into the match am scanning it for someone so did not bother buying one if anybody can confirm its ok thanks

• Advertisement

Can i just turn up with the season ticket in Omagh and get into the match am scanning it for someone so did not bother buying one if anybody can confirm its ok thanks

You have to have a ticket, they won't scan.

I assume they are keeping tickets back until ST and PP and Tyrone county passes are taken up.

Good win for the 21s. Easy enough in the end.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

They weren't to be fair. Keeper was the first one in injury time. Second one at the end of injury time wasn't a pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Job well done from the U20s. Tyrone or Cork in the final. Archer very close to another hat-trick too go with the two he has already got at this grade.He looks a real talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rolling boh

can anybody tell me how to get a ticket for next week using a season ticket thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

can anybody tell me how to get a ticket for next week using a season ticket thanks

They email it to you, your account details will be on line with them, print it off of have it on your phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Furryglove

Stoner wrote: »
    Just read your other post.

You friend will pay for it they can email or WhatsApp the ticket to you. You'll then have to pay your friend as they have an opt out they can use, so they will be buying it for you. You'll get 5 euro off though

There are no tickets for season ticket holders next week, ya have to bring your season ticket card to gain entry

Furryglove wrote:
    There are no tickets for season ticket holders next week, ya have to bring your season ticket card to gain entry

Sorry, he's ok so just bring the ticket

Still has to pay his buddy though!!!!

Furryglove wrote: »

Are you sure about that?

Not as big a demand as last year but county pass holders had to have a ticket, and pretty much certain so did STs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Are you sure about that?

Not as big a demand as last year but county pass holders had to have a ticket, and pretty much certain so did STs.

I thought you always had to have a print out for a game in Croker?

• Advertisement

seligehgit wrote:
    I thought you always had to have a print out for a game in Croker?

I haven't printed a ticket in two years for CP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement