Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Not one bit happy about DC starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,400 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Jesus, that was a chance, need to be clinical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Who's paying Connollys wages? They must have matched the dollars he was offered in Boston ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Not one bit happy about DC starting.

You're not?

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

recyclebin wrote: »
    Who's paying Connollys wages? They must have matched the dollars he was offered in Boston ;P

We have a big box with a million quid in cash, that the boys can dip in out of. Infact we have 17 of them.

Dead handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Is it just me or is Rory OC having a wee mare?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭C__MC

Dublin not as solid in previous years on the tackling or turnovers, teams seem to have got to a better level with regards to this

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Is it just me or is Rory OC having a wee mare?

He's all at sea but isn't being helped by others around him either. Phily has been woeful today.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Job well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Weird game felt like a legend s charity match at times.

Same **** with Tyrone getting away with murder Connelly black card vs the high challenge on Brogan I mean wtf!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Weird game felt like a legend s charity match at times.

Same **** with Tyrone getting away with murder Connelly black card vs the high challenge on Brogan I mean wtf!

Forearm too the face. Straight red.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Brogan was very sharp when he came on.
    Thought MDMA and Sean were terrific.

Got out of Dodge with the win and no injuries. I'll take that any day of the week.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Comerford was brilliant really happy with how he played.
    Bugler very good as well.

Brogan looked well up for it think he should of started. Hope he has a part to play if we do go all way.

Connelly was good in parts seemed bit off pace at times but played some great passes and seemed to improve as he went on.

Bugler was outstanding and deserved the MOTM.

I've no idea whose idea it was to start Connolly in the middle.

Anyone catch Gavin and Connolly's exchange when he got the black ? Having a good laugh the two of them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

STB. wrote:
    Anyone catch Gavin and Connolly's exchange when he got the black ? Having a good laugh the two of them.
    Saw that was sitting near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Connolly deliberately taking the black card to get away from the crowd at the end was hilarious. Reminded me of the game against Carlow a couple of years back where he stood by the tunnel for the last couple of minutes of play. Whistle went and he was gone.

Nothing game but he played alright. Much better in the second half when he played in a more advanced role. If you could guarantee his work rate was high (we don't know just how fit he is) i'd be picking him ahead of Scully.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

corny wrote:
    Nothing game but he played alright. Much better in the second half when he played in a more advanced role. If you could guarantee his work rate was high (we don't know just how fit he is) i'd be picking him ahead of Scully.

There was no focal point for the forwards in the first half.

He pushed up a bit on the second half and made a difference. Brogan and O'Gara brought things together up front too. The mark suits Connelly.

Andrew's, Mcmanaman, Costello didn't really gell.

O'Callaghan could have played in that space too.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Solid win, comerford, bulger, looked good, connolly, Costello showed they can do a job, o’Carroll probably ruled himself out of potential start Paddy Small confirmed he is most likely first sub but didn’t look to do enough to start. Minutes in Murchan legs etc were good.

Stoner wrote: »
    Saw that was sitting near it.

Gavin made it easy for him.

487219.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Biggest Tyrone cheer of the day was for Connolly's black card.

Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Good win. What's the unbeaten run now? 34? Incredible when you think of it.

Ní feicimid a leitheadh arís.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Comerford was brilliant really happy with how he played.

He was superb. Some incredibly testing high balls dropped in on him in the second half and he had both the presence of mind to not attempt to catch them and the skill and execution to fist them well clear to a team mate.

It's always difficult to imagine life beyond Cluxton but EC showed that he won't be daunted when the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I didn't want a loss today. Mickey Harte made it handy with his team selection. Took the pressure off. Only us and Kerry unbeaten so far, with Kerry having a drawn game. If we are to do the five in a row, it will now be as an unbeaten team under these qualifier/super 8 set ups. If Mayo are to finally win an AI this year, they have to beat us first, but will have still lost two games on the way to it. So it won't be pure. The same with Tyrone. While they'd take it, they would be always haunted by the second chances it took for them to do it. Especially Mayo.

Roll on Saturday. Working, but may find some way to tune into it!

The drive for five can now be pure.

Buer wrote: »
    He was superb. Some incredibly testing high balls dropped in on him in the second half and he had both the presence of mind to not attempt to catch them and the skill and execution to fist them well clear to a team mate.

It's always difficult to imagine life beyond Cluxton but EC showed that he won't be daunted when the time comes.

I wasn't impressed with him in the league, but he showed up today. Delighted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I didn't want a loss today. Mickey Harte made it handy with his team selection. Took the pressure off. Only us and Kerry unbeaten so far, with Kerry having a drawn game. If we are to do the five in a row, it will now be as an unbeaten team under these qualifier/super 8 set ups. If Mayo are to finally win an AI this year, they have to beat us first, but will have still lost two games on the way to it. So it won't be pure. The same with Tyrone. While they'd take it, they would be always haunted by the second chances it took for them to do it. Especially Mayo.

Roll on Saturday. Working, but may find some way to tune into it!

The drive for five can now be pure.

No offence but there is not a snowballs chance of Mayo supporters having any such emotions in the event we achieve what is a now mammoth task.

There will be no asterick after any future All Ireland victory if the system offers up a provision to win same whilst suffering 2 losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Are tickets likely to go on sale Tuesday for the semi final ?
    Will the ticket office on Dorset Street be the best place to buy tickets?
    Thanks

seligehgit wrote: »
    No offence but there is not a snowballs chance of Mayo supporters having any such emotions in the event we achieve what is a now mammoth task.

There will be no asterick after any future All Ireland victory if the system offers up a provision to win same whilst suffering 2 losses.

He is just trolling, i'd doubt anybody including himself believes that rubbish. Funny how worried he is sounding already!:D:D:D. The embarrassment if a team of Dublins riches lost to a team like Mayo, no wonder he is sweating. I think he need not have worried, no team no matter how much courage they have could keep up Mayo's schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Mayo supporters wouldn't give a fiddlers but I assume his mentality is that Dublin would always be accused of not having won the title without being defeated if they had lost today and won the overall competition. That's in the context that it somehow taints or invalidates the 5 in a row and some would 100% make that argument.

If Mayo win the title having lost games, the story will be the end of the famine. If Dublin did, the story will be they won 5 in a row but there's a guarantee the debate over the best side of all time will be undermined hugely and that will be mentioned by many (regardless of it probably not even being a logical argument at this stage).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Juwwi wrote: »
    Are tickets likely to go on sale Tuesday for the semi final ?
    Will the ticket office on Dorset Street be the best place to buy tickets?
    Thanks

PP tickets from Tuesday, Hill be sold out. I'd imagine upper decks of stands will be on sale online.

Dublin/Mayo semi finals have been some occasions as vast majority of tickets end up with the two best supported counties in country.

He is just trolling, i'd doubt anybody including himself believes that rubbish. Funny how worried he is sounding already!:D:D:D. The embarrassment if a team of Dublins riches lost to a team like Mayo, no wonder he is sweating.

I'm not trolling and not worried. I have a bit of a sweat going, but that's the heat out there and the beers.:D It is merely an observation that I'd back up on the basis of Kerry's attempt at 5 in a row and Mayo's attempt at winning an AI. Kerry played 3 games to reach that five in a row final against Offaly. This year Mayo have played.....how many? Lost two and end up in a semi. The "system" has kept them in the chase. Win all your games and the "system" is irrelevant. Therefore if Mayo supporters are happy to win an AI, that way based on the "system" fair enough. But I believe it would and should hang over them. Perhaps I'm just a purist that believes winning an AI should be done unbeaten. Back door or not, it feels great to win all the way. I genuinely would love to see Mayo do it that way, if they are to finally do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Nothing really changed today I think any player that did well is already in the mix .Great to berno get game time and look sharp .Dermot did ok should play some part maybe with better players on the end of his passes it would looked better. Good to see evan do well but barring injury will play little role this year.Looking forward to a tough game.next week would love to really beat them well but it seems they are.still a danger .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement