Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gerianam

BKWDR wrote: »
    Starting to get nervous.

Has a bit of a 'final' feel to it...

And so you should.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Snowflake.

Hahaha

Maybe I should have said giddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 80sChild

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    You'd have to say based on Sunday - if you were looking for a forward to come on with fifteen minutes to go to make an impact - Brogan would have to be in the mix, he was outstanding but also he looked really hungry - really trying to make an impact but also do the right things. O'Gara also in this category imho.

He was hungry, could have scored 1-2 if given the ball. He was livid over the Paddy Andrews point. Was a sitter right there. Deffo candidate to bring on late if scores dry up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

BKWDR wrote: »
    Hahaha

Maybe I should have said giddy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDaf-kILl2k

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Will be interested to see how Con does at the weekend.

Imo himself, Howard and Mannion have improved significantly since they faced Mayo before.

Kilkenny is playing as a forward this year not hanging around the half back line and Rock is in his best form ever imo.

Costello looks good too. It's an established forward line, everyone's I speak to names the same six with, O'Gara, Brogan, Costello, McManaman , Connelly on the bench.

It's the backs that causes concern and debate

I have a strange feeling that the Munch will start, either in place of Scully or in the fullback line, he'll have a specific job to do.

Mayo look very dependent on Moran.

Anyway that's my random thoughts in it.

AOS is having a very good season, but has dodged a number of black cards so far this year and i think we've a number of options to pick him up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Ticéad collected from Dorset St.

Can relax now. Sorta !

Thanks be to God we only have 2 more days of all this phoney war shyte.

How did we ever survive all those 3 week build ups to previous Mayo encounters?

And what poor bastard had to break the news to David Brady's bank manager that he doesn't have 2 more weeks of this to go either?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Tickets for sale again on Tickets.ie.

Only a 4 minute queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

David Brady is some ginnit to be fair. I attended a pre All Ireland talk show in the Olympia two years ago and Brady told a ridiculous story of not being able to find his car which he thought was parked in a certain spot on Harcourt St the previous night. It had some valuables in it so he called the cops and ended up in the back of the squad car searching in vain for his 'robbed' car across the city in Ballybough. No sign of it and he thought it was gone and was crestfallen until when the guards dropped him back to where they first met up with him he miraculously saw his car at the opposite end of Harcourt St to where he thought he was parked. It got a good laugh but i doubt he'd reach double figures in an IQ test. Not the brightest is Brady thats fir sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Stoner wrote: »

It's the backs that causes concern and debate

I think Cooper isn't back to full power and forwards are getting the step on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Will the squads be announced this evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

David Brady is some ginnit to be fair. I attended a pre All Ireland talk show in the Olympia two years ago and Brady told a ridiculous story of not being able to find his car which he thought was parked in a certain spot on Harcourt St the previous night. It had some valuables in it so he called the cops and ended up in the back of the squad car searching in vain for his 'robbed' car across the city in Ballybough. No sign of it and he thought it was gone until and was crestfallen until when the guards dropped him back to where they first met up with him he miraculously saw his car at the opposite end of Harcourt St to where he thought he was parked. It got a good laugh but i doubt he'd reach double figures in an IQ test. Not the brightest is Brady thats fir sure.

I thought it was a genuinely funny story.

He does play to the gallery a tad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

seligehgit wrote: »
    I thought was a genuinely funny story.

In fairness he is just a Vinnie Murphy-esque style pundit. Neither are exactly in mensa, but then again they dont need to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

David Brady is some ginnit to be fair. I attended a pre All Ireland talk show in the Olympia two years ago and Brady told a ridiculous story of not being able to find his car which he thought was parked in a certain spot on Harcourt St the previous night. It had some valuables in it so he called the cops and ended up in the back of the squad car searching in vain for his 'robbed' car across the city in Ballybough. No sign of it and he thought it was gone until and was crestfallen until when the guards dropped him back to where they first met up with him he miraculously saw his car at the opposite end of Harcourt St to where he thought he was parked. It got a good laugh but i doubt he'd reach double figures in an IQ test. Not the brightest is Brady thats fir sure.

I was at that as well. Good jesus.

I think Cooper isn't back to full power and forwards are getting the step on him.

Jonny's class. In a mundane match in Omagh last Sunday he made one tackle late in the first half which proved to me that he is actually getting better with age. A bit like what McGrath did in the soccer, he reads the game and makes it look easy.

I was at that as well. Good jesus.

I know. There's jokes, and then there's just off the wall, slightly worrying, madcap craziness. Quite a disturbing little story i thought.

In fairness he is just a Vinnie Murphy-esque style pundit. Neither are exactly in mensa, but then again they dont need to be.

Vinny wouldn't do that nutty thing Brady did. That was just beyond stupid.

Never mind mensa, what Brady did should have seen him doing a wee stint in St Pats for a pyschiatric evaluation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Why?? He parked his car. Had a feed of pints. Continued drinking into the night. Went to Coppers. Back to a house party until morning time. More drink. When he couldn't stomach any more cans, he thought he probably should get a taxi, considering the 20 pints might make him fail the auld breathalyzer.
    But decided that he'd need the car to get to Croke Park. So stumbled back to Harcourt Street, but couldn't find the car. Flagged down a cop car to explain. They invited him into their car to search for his own. No good. He passed out in the back of the cop car at this stage. So they dropped him back to Harcourt. Woke him up with a few slaps across the face. He looked out the window, and lo and behold there was his car. Sweet jesus. Found his car keys in his pocket and fell out the cop car door. The sergeant advised him that maybe he should get a cup of coffee and an hours sleep before taking of driving. D Brady said "ya, of course. Wink wink, nudge, nudge" And off he sailed in the direction of Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Thick culchie does thick culchie thing. Nothing to see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I really hope it's not a draw.

• Advertisement

Same here. They're even praying to the Rain gods on the Mayo forum so lets hope its done and dusted by 17.40!!

I've put my money where my mouth is. Dubs - 5 at even money earlier in week. I have no worries abouf this game.

I think we need more of the spirit of Sergeant Barry Sadler in place of all this worry warting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5WJJVSE_BE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

seligehgit wrote: »
    I thought it was a genuinely funny story.

Nearly exactly what happened to Dave’s van in the Royle Family. I’d say he made it up for comedic effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Who Is the munch?

Murchan.

The Munch is certainly no Monster. He's very small. I wouldn't feel comfortable with him in the full back line.

Nearly exactly what happened to Dave’s van in the Royle Family. I’d say he made it up for comedic effect.

I fully believe it happened. I never had much time for him as a pundit before that but i never listen to him now. A spoofer and grade A clown.

The Munch is certainly no Monster. He's very small. I wouldn't feel comfortable with him in the full back line.

He's always acquitted himself well on the big stage. A confident little player.

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    He's always acquitted himself well on the big stage. A confident little player.

The few times i've seen him he's done ok. Nothing out of the ordinary. Good engine. Must be kept away from the inside line as he would be a serious cause for concern under any high ball.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement