Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

The few times i've seen him he's done ok. Nothing out of the ordinary. Good engine. Must be kept away from the inside line as he would be a serious cause for concern under any high ball.

He's a good man marker on smaller tricky men, he has had poor and excellent games, great brain on him. Moran in no monster, he's in condition for his size, but getting out a head of him could be important.

Anyway I better stop giving too much away, some guy called nipper has PMed and told me to shut up and offered me a job, very tempting offer. I don't have to go to Saudi Arabia and can work from home bar one handy number a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Stoner wrote: »
    I really hope it's not a draw.

You know what you've done just there now?

UEFA handed me a bill for 870 yesterday for the Euros next summer. I can't do another day out in HQ before the final should we get there.

I can't do another day out in HQ before the final should we get there.

Ahh you'll be ok. I'll sort you out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

FYI Restricted View tickets on Sale on Tickets.ie. High in the Davin/Hogan I'd imagine.

€35.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Slattsy wrote: »
    Thick culchie does thick culchie thing. Nothing to see here.

An awful attitude to have towards people who are born and raised, literally only a few miles away from yourself...
    Are you saying no dub has ever gone on the lash in a place they are not familiar with and got a bit lost, and/or driven a car while intoxicated? If you do then it isnt the only the culchies that are thick...

An awful attitude to have towards people who are born and raised, literally only a few miles away from yourself...
    Are you saying no dub has ever gone on the lash in a place they are not familiar with and got a bit lost, and/or driven a car while intoxicated? If you do then it isnt the only the culchies that are thick...

Dry your eyes would ya

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

That was the very angle the man himself was trying to peddle when he told the "Shure amn't I right eegit altogether" story live on air on Off The Ball.

So why don't you take your high horse over to Newstalk & complain to them instead. No doubt they'll listen to you, having as much practice as you do with your own brand of Mayo eegitry on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I'd appreciate if you could stop quoting her/his posts. Please and thank you x

Which Mayo eegit do you want us to stop quoting Slatts?

#SpoiltForChoice

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Which Mayo eegit do you want us to stop quoting Slatts?

#SpoiltForChoice

The obsessed one!

Beejeebus the weather looks awful tomorrow. I'm in Row NN LR Hogan. I think im just about covered if memory serves me right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

You're grand I think. AA and back is the rule of thumb from memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

DDC1990 wrote: »
    FYI Restricted View tickets on Sale on Tickets.ie. High in the Davin/Hogan I'd imagine.

€35.

Those tickets are fine, I had one for the drawn 2015 semi.
    You're very high up behind the big screen, but the whole pitch is visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Beejeebus the weather looks awful tomorrow. I'm in Row NN LR Hogan. I think im just about covered if memory serves me right :)

This looks like its going to be like Kerry V Mayo weather from their league match this year but a little warmer. This will suit them better than us.
    Going to get a chance to see if my new waterproof jacket works. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The weather, pitch and ball will just be as difficult for Mayo. Will it slow down Jack? Yes, possibly, but it will also slow down the Mayo man chasing him.

Looking forward to this game the closer it comes, and I've a view that there would need to be some collapse by this Dublin team for Mayo to beat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Gonna be some weather for been on The Hill......Get yerrrrrrrrr Poncho €5 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Fann Linn wrote: »
    The weather, pitch and ball will just be as difficult for Mayo. Will it slow down Jack? Yes, possibly, but it will also slow down the Mayo man chasing him.

Looking forward to this game the closer it comes, and I've a view that there would need to be some collapse by this Dublin team for Mayo to beat them.

To be honest all I can think of is the Dublin v Mayo game in the league early this year.
    That was worst I have seen any team play in CP for a long time, maybe ever.
    There and then I said that Mayo team is gone for good!
    Then they fecking won the league!
    How?

Sh*te in Connacht - gone I said.

Now they are in an AI Semi-Final despite being riddled with injures
    I dunno what to make of them at all.

They are a funny auld team - Mayo. Capable of doggedness/fight until the end or just being pure sh*te on the day.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

To be honest all I can think of is the Dublin v Mayo game in the league early this year.
    That was worst I have seen any team play in CP for a long time, maybe ever.
    There and then I said that Mayo team is gone for good!
    Then they fecking won the league!
    How?

They are a funny auld team - Mayo. Capable of doggedness/fight until the end or just being pure sh*te on the day.

Yep, i was at that game and the huge gulf in class between the sides is still pretty fresh in my memory. I feel if Dublin can get a few points in front early doors, maybe score a goal or two, it will sew a few seeds of doubt in some Mayo heads and then it will be a long 75 minutes. I am expecting a high quality, high octane Dublin performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

Mayo have exceeded expectations to a degree. They looked very shaky against Down and Armagh in the qualifiers and everyone wrote them off after the hammering against Kerry.

In many respects they have little to lose tomorrow.
    A league title and a Semi-final appearance is a very decent season for a team said to be in decline and needing a rebuild.

I expect Mayo to make a battle of it. It could be fairly tight for the first 45 mins or so. But quality usually tells in the end. And Dublin simply have too much of it.
    Lots of tired legs too in that ageing Mayo team after a tough slog against Donegal last weekend.
    Dublin should win by a 5-6 points margin anyway.

Hopefully conditions are not too bad and we see an exciting game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Really hoping weather doesn't ruin the game. Was at the Meath match and it was an absolute joke. You really don't want the game to be decided by a mistake or not being able to adapt to wet and windy conditions!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Yep, i was at that game and the huge gulf in class between the sides is still pretty fresh in my memory. I feel if Dublin can get a few points in front early doors, maybe score a goal or two, it will sew a few seeds of doubt in some Mayo heads and then it will be a long 75 minutes. I am expecting a high quality, high octane Dublin performance.

Looking at it from the Dublin lads perspective they must be looking forward to it.
    The two teams know each other so well.
    Those first 20 minutes could be bedlam.

You are right though shooting for goals could be viable Dublin tactic early on.
    There is plenty of players to do it.
    Take the air out of Mayo kill any notions they have.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

IMO

The league won't mean anything.
    I don't think Mayo will tire, can their big players time their influence?
    They've only had 2 tough games

From AOS, Keegan, Boyle, SOS, Moran

Only Moran and to a degree COC have shown something special when needed, timed it. The others watch their man but don't step out of themselves like they probably could.

The rest have struggled with the likes of McCarthy, MDMA finishing strongly.

Fittiness has never been an issue with Mayo, I don't think it will be tomorrow either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

IMO

Only Moran and to a degree COC have shown something special when needed, timed it. The others watch their man but don't step out of themselves like they probably could.

Fittiness has never been an issue with Mayo, I don't think it will be tomorrow either.

Fitness wont be a problem. Freshness, both physically and mentally, very well could be. And if their any way off its game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Hill ticket available if anybody still looking.

IMO

Disagree. Aido will be donald ducked by the 40th minute, like he always is against us. Andy Moran, Captain Elbows & Leroy at full pelt for 80 minutes, on a muggy, humid day (presuming the worst of the storms will have passed over Drumcondra by tea time) will be a shadow of their former selves from 2 years ago, fitness wise.

305PP

In those lovely pair of seats at the stairs I think. OH YEAH!

Captain Elbows lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I had a dream last night. It was the 2019 AI final between Dublin and Kerry. I was in an unidentified pub watching on TV. Ger Canning took up the commentary from the panel.

" Thanks Joanne. Welcome to Croke Park wherever you may be watching for the AI football final 2019. On the pitch, two teams each sharing the honour of winning 4 All Ireland football titles in a row. One chasing a record breaking fifth title, the other determined to stop them and win their first title since 2014."

Enough to wake me up.:eek: As for tomorrow, I'm working so will try and fit the game in around things via TV and radio. I know what Dublin will bring, but not sure what Mayo will bring. Feeling a little apprehensive about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Hard to see Mayo being competitive imo. They'll be game for the contest but can their forwards put up a total that wins the game? Evidence suggests they haven't a hope.

Bold prediction but i have a feeling Dublin will overwhelm them in the attacking third.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement