Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Newborn in the house so missing the game today :-(

This weather has me a bit more worried, Mayo are great at dragging a team down, or up to their level
    Bonniedog wrote: »
    "Dad's friend with the bag of cans won't let anyone else on the bouncy castle."

I think you quoted the wrong Dub's post. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Gael85 wrote: »
    Shades of Donegal 92 here.

In fairness I think in 92 Dublin were doing the spoofing, spouting, media stuff etc.
    They assumed they had it won.
    This Dublin team assumes nothing.
    Not only do Mayo have to beat the Dubs they have to beat 'the process'.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

In fairness I think in 92 Dublin were doing the spoofing, spouting, media stuff etc.

I agree with Gael here. Some funny posting going on the boards for the past few days from accounts that are old but with very little activity up until recently.

The level of the stereotype arrogant Dub posting is ramping up. Depending on the result these posts will provide some nice footing for some of the return guests.

Hopefully most can see through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Stoner wrote: »
    I agree with Gael here. Some funny posting going on the boards for the past few days from accounts that are old but with very little activity up until recently.

The level of the stereotype arrogant Dub posting is ramping up. Depending on the result these posts will provide some nice footing for some of the return guests.

Ha, chillax stoner, avin a bit of craic, thats all.

I see what you mean, I get the impression that certain posters are playing a stereotype of a county supporter just for the reaction.
    Plus they may not even be from that county in the first place!

• Advertisement

I see what you mean, I get the impression that certain posters are playing a stereotype of a county supporter just for the reaction.
    Plus they may not even be from that county in the first place!

Ye're taking things a little serious lads. I'm Dub to the core, lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭muddle84

Really looking forward to this now. Best of luck to both teams today. Hoping for a great game and atmosphere. Where can I get some coddle? When in Rome and all that....

Ye're taking things a little serious lads. I'm Dub to the core, lad.

A real dub would say 'pal' not lad ...... ;)

A real dub would say 'pal' not lad ...... ;)

42 years born and bred in west Dublin pal. 100%. Lad/pal/bud/mate tis all the one.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

muddle84 wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this now. Best of luck to both teams today. Hoping for a great game and atmosphere. Where can I get some coddle? When in Rome and all that....

Try O’Sheas on Gardiner/Talbot Street there, nice pre pint/match soakage ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Brogan and O'Carroll didn't make the bench. Not surprised.

42 years born and bred in west Dublin pal. 100%. Lad/pal/bud/mate tis all the one.

Bang of The Barn/Rialto off that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭dunnerc

Nervous as hell , but cant wait for 5pm , COYBIB

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I note how you didn’t say “good coddle”.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I’ve a lot of friends who are borderline over confident about today. When we were going up to Tyrone game last week they wouldn’t entertain any notion that mayo have much hope today.

There are big concerns I have, not least that Mayo have been battle hardened with tougher games and that it’s the semis where mayo don’t feel the weight of expectations they do in finals. The weather looks to be an extra variable and I’m not sure if it’s good or bad from a Dublin POV.

Surprised Brogan was left out as he looked very hungry. I suppose the star quality of Connolly was hard to leave out and maybe he can give us something if things are tight late on. The Tyrone game was effectively a challange match so I’d still be a bit worried that Connolly could struggle with the pace and intensity if he comes on.

Bang of The Barn/Rialto off that tbh.

West Dublin pal/lad. Rialto pretty central to me. Bang of the Barn haha i know what ya mean.

You won't get a coddle in Rome. Good or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

No nerves from me. Feeling confident.

The wind and rain will certainly be in their favour, however I'll never forget that AI final with Kerry from a few years back. Probably the handiest win we've ever had in a final that I can remember, so no fear.

We're the better team and once everyone performs; we win. It's really that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Slattsy wrote: »
    No nerves from me. Feeling confident.

The wind and rain will certainly be in their favour, however I'll never forget that AI final with Kerry from a few years back. Probably the handiest win we've ever had in a final that I can remember, so no fear.

We're the better team and once everyone performs; we win. It's really that simple.

Was out with the wolves. Got soaked, but wind is bad and forecast to be even worse by throw in. Could very well be 2015 weather for match or close to it.

But as you say, had 2015 been a dry day, and even with the goal chances that went astray in third quarter, Dublin would have won handsomely.

It was a comfortable win in the end.

Don't even think the weather will make it close today. What would be of concern is that it might contribute to their having something up their sleeve. They won't win a shoot out, and in fairness are not a team to circle the wagons, so be prepared I would think!

• Advertisement

Lane is a decent ref and hopefully doesn't let them away with the black arts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Pure speculation on my part!

Might just turn out to be the dull predictable affair that we of dodgy tickers have come to cherish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

According to the Met Eireann app the rain is to clear off sometime after 5ish. Wind will still be there.

Say a prayer! Ive been saying them all week :P

Really looking forward to this game now will be so incredibly disappointed to say the least if we don't get to the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

jon1981 wrote: »
    Brogan and O'Carroll didn't make the bench. Not surprised.

Is that from the subs on the program or updated?

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Pure speculation on my part!

Might just turn out to be the dull predictable affair that we of dodgy tickers have come to cherish.

Wouldn't complain at all if that were to come to pass. It was only sitting thru the rather boring Galway & Tyrone semi final & finals of late, that you realise what a number these Mayo games can do on ya.

There's ****ing rugby on in the pub. Can this day get any worse!?

Oh..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Some wind out there today folks, kickouts will be interesting to say the least.

There's ****ing rugby on in the pub. Can this day get any worse!?

Oh..

We're a rugby country now. Apparently. Did you not get the memo on that?

ProudDUB wrote: »
    We're a rugby country now. Apparently. Did you not get the memo on that?

We're not. It'll blow over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Lane is a decent ref and hopefully doesn't let them away with the black arts.

How many yellow card tackles can Keegan make in one game? ....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement