Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

I’ve just been invited to a protest in Fitzgerald stadium on Saturday against his appointment 😂😂

I wonder will it match the attendance of their semi final :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The Yerra Machine will be in full spin to make sure Dublin Dave doesnt cheat them

Although they're already busy enough impyling that O'Callaghan is juicing, their own lads being the ones caught taking naughty vitamins never registered with them though :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

IRE60 wrote: »
    ?Serious?

Yep - facebook event by a Kerry lad.

Paudí was right about them all along god rest him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I’ve just been invited to a protest in Fitzgerald stadium on Saturday against his appointment 😂😂

That is bush league of the highest order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Will they get enough for a kickabout?

blanch152 wrote: »

Yea but they’re concerned the kickabout will be rigged against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Yea but they’re concerned the kickabout will be rigged against them.

Does that mean as A Dub, I'd be guaranteed a medal if I went down to the protest?

Does that mean as A Dub, I'd be guaranteed a medal if I went down to the protest?

Absolutely but just be prepared for your grandkids to be reminded of how you got it unfairly in a pre-determined conspiracy of anti-kingdom unfairness where the ref in the kickabout was once spotted traveling through Dublin airport and was heard speaking to a member of staff who had a relative born in Bray (the Dublin side of Bray) and bought a cup of coffee while doing so directly contributing to the financial economy of Dublin therefore rendering his impartiality totally void of fairness and your medal is now part of a long history of Kingdom killing collusion.

Don’t say you haven’t been warned!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

40 going according to the Facebook event

• Advertisement

Wow, so they’ve surpassed the attendance of last Sunday? Impressive:D

Wow, so they’ve surpassed the attendance of last Sunday? Impressive:D

I'll keep ye posted! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Is this the one?

https://m.facebook.com/events/973511929660581?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A%223%22%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D&aref=3

Are they going to threaten to forfeit, or actually forfeit, coz this $hit is comedy gold?

#AskingForAFriend

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Is this the one?

https://m.facebook.com/events/973511929660581?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A%223%22%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D&aref=3

Are they going to threaten to forfeit, or actually forfeit, coz this $hit is comedy gold?

#AskingForAFriend

Yep that’s the one - was really hoping there wasn’t a second one!

Up to 74 going now - comedy gold alright

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I just want us to do the five in a row and disappear. I really can't take the melodrama anymore. Its hard to wear the jersey in the stix these days.:D

Buckle up up Buttercup. There's over 2 weeks still yet to go ! ;)

I’m nearly tempted to find a Dublin jersey to wear while I’m down at the Rose of Tralee!

I’m nearly tempted to find a Dublin jersey to wear while I’m down at the Rose of Tralee!

You'll only invite bile and vitriol from a few smart arses. Not banter, just boring oul stuff about money, riches, futuristic training regimes and water bottles made by NASA.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    You'll only invite bile and vitriol from a few smart arses. Not banter, just boring oul stuff about money, riches, futuristic training regimes and water bottles made by NASA.

And of course they’ll be taking pot shots at our very own David “Ronnie Drew” Gough. So be prepared:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I think you have a great chance of winning, Cork Rose.

• Advertisement

And of course they’ll be taking pot shots at our very own David “Ronnie Drew” Gough. So be prepared:D

Sure don't you know that David and Jim met in the Gaeltacht in 1986. The following year Jim sneaked David into Moyle Park during his Inter Cert and actually discussed the drive for five.

Nice to vent here, but outside the pale it's all moany hole crap about money etc etc. It would be nice if someone said to me they are a great team without tagging on the money bit. Bitterness is rife.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

wear it away... there'll no one say a thing and i'll keeep an eye out for u!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Sure don't you know that David and Jim met in the Gaeltacht in 1986. The following year Jim sneaked David into Moyle Park during his Inter Cert and actually discussed the drive for five.

Nice to vent here, but outside the pale it's all moany hole crap about money etc etc. It would be nice if someone said to me they are a great team without tagging on the money bit. Bitterness is rife.

they are a great team... an absolutely fantastic team..... u couldnt but love watching them play.... i hope when this period is over a DVD is made cos i want to show it to my lads when there a bit older... i particularly want them to watch Jack McCaffrey and the way he plays the game with a smile on his face all the time....

Im from Kerry and i think the Dublin team and management would even prefer another ref (in fairness to Dubs they didnt appoint ref) so when they win there can be no questioning the integrity of the victory..... the choice of ref by GAA is unfortunate for the Dubs more than Kerry... as Kerrys chances of winning are very very slim but this appointment has made people turn more against Dublin even tho the appointment was out of their hands

the money thing is seriously overplayed..... u can bring a horse to water but ya cant make it drink.... the players are exceptionally well prepared but like all great teams down the yrs (Kerry 70/80's... Kilkenny 00's) the players have to do their stuff on pitch to win games.... if money was everything Limerick GAA should be winning every competition there is

Take it all with a pinch of sugar my friend, these superb group of players and management team are for us to be proud of in everything they’ve achieved over this decade. Regardless of what happens on September 1st, they’ve genuinely given me some of the best days of my life that no bitter begrudging shower of lemons is ever going to take away from me.

I got to buy Cian O’Sullivan and Cormac Costello a drink after last years homecoming just to say thank you for their efforts and what it meant to me, such humble lovely lads to boot.

An example I tell my young daughter to take note of, hard work and dedication will get you to the top, those who limit their efforts to begrudgery must be pitied I suppose but equally, must be left behind.

Áth Cliath Abú.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Slattsy wrote: »
    I think you have a great chance of winning, Cork Rose.

Lick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

the money thing is seriously overplayed..... u can bring a horse to water but ya cant make it drink.... the players are exceptionally well prepared but like all great teams down the yrs (Kerry 70/80's... Kilkenny 00's) the players have to do their stuff on pitch to win games.... if money was everything Limerick GAA should be winning every competition there is

It is and it isn't. The development money talk is a load of ****e but when it comes to preparing teams, the effect of the likes of Dublin, Mayo and Kerry out spending the competition is not insignificant. They don't spend the money for no gain after all.

You can't get into a real debate on this site because its hijacked very quickly but i'd be in favour of pooling & evenly distributing the money thats used to prepare IC teams. Its only wishful thinking of course.

If we can get a firm commitment from you to actually do that, I personally will set up a GoFundMe page to cover your food, drink, accommodation & bail money while you are down there.

John Costello should be good for a handy €50,000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Just a question on Dublin this year.. how many Dublin players delivered a bad performance this year in the championship? Not a quiet performance, a outright five out of ten poor performance...Costello vs Meath? Leave out Tyrone game as it was a dead rubber. Any others?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

corny wrote: »
    It is and it isn't. The development money talk is a load of ****e but when it comes to preparing teams, the effect of the likes of Dublin, Mayo and Kerry out spending the competition is not insignificant. They don't spend the money for no gain after all.

You can't get into a real debate on this site because its hijacked very quickly but i'd be in favour of pooling & evenly distributing the money thats used to prepare IC teams. Its only wishful thinking of course.

I'd love to have a conversation about it, but a lot of people already have the solution in their heads, and won't hear a word against it. All I hear is "Split Dublin into four", and never a reason as to why the Dublin County board would go for it. Point out that the GAA couldn't get Kildare to move stadiums on health and safety grounds and you get "ah, that's not the same thing."

Splitting the money evenly, or even weighted to performance levels (i.e. the counties doing the worst get the most), is a good idea worth talking about, but some people just hate Dublin way too much to look at anything other than their preferred nuclear option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ciarang85

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Is this the one?

#AskingForAFriend

Not one bit surprised at the name of the guy who is trying to organise it,

He spouts some shíte about the dubs on the county banter pages, very bitter fella

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement