Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

ciarang85 wrote: »
    Not one bit surprised at the name of the guy who is trying to organise it,

He spouts some shíte about the dubs on the county banter pages, very bitter fella

There'll be a few lads from boards.ie going to that.

Lick

Just keeping the Mods onside me aul flower ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I know. Still a lick :)

I know. Still a lick :)

Yer just jelz of me slick mooooves :cool:

I think they finally broke stoner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yeah. Just saw that. But he'll be back. They always come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Gael85

Slattsy wrote: »
    That Championship thread is cesspit. I don't know how people would spend their day without us tbh, sad existence in a way but each to their own. It's waaaay past banter with some. Time to bail.

I see some bookies have us at 1/6 and Kerry available at 9/2 for the final. Whilst we're obviously favourites, I don't think we're close to 1/6 shots. Kerry beat Mayo well in the Super 8s, it wont be a cakewalk.

The haters are taking over all the threads. Some of them using multiple usernames. Can't be healthy for them thinking about Dublin GAA 24/7 :D:D

Gael85 wrote: »
    The haters are taking over all the threads. Some of them using multiple usernames. Can't be healthy for them thinking about Dublin GAA 24/7 :D:D

I'll look forward to the day when they mistakenly quote themselves :D Buts its for the Mods/Admins to weed them out.

I've already said its more than just bitterness, false anger and envy, its mental health issues.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Slattsy wrote: »
    I'll look forward to the day when they mistakenly quote themselves :D Buts its for the Mods/Admins to weed them out.

I've already said its more than just bitterness, false anger and envy, its mental health issues.

Don’t worry the borgs are on it

Don’t worry the borgs are on it

I had to Google what "the borgs" referred to :o And yes, I'd have expected no less.

I hope you are well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Gael85 wrote: »

I am trying to see how long they can fight logic.
    It is funny.
    Mulligan's goal v Dublin was mentioned evidence that the standard of football was better than now in the 2000's

I pointed out that it was not a great goal as it was illegal due to too many steps.
    Plus I rated Keegan's goal v Dublin a few weeks ago as great!

Jayus they didn't like that - a fella with a Galway username was next to give out to me after that surprisingly.... :rolleyes:

Some are even suggesting that Cluxton is not that good and overrated.

And one person said they will not watch the final because it is a foregone conclusion anyway! (But yet give out reams about Dublin for days)

Ah it is very funny stuff.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭Prestonites

Anyone for the 7s tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Is this the one?

https://m.facebook.com/events/973511929660581?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A%223%22%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D&aref=3

Are they going to threaten to forfeit, or actually forfeit, coz this $hit is comedy gold?

#AskingForAFriend

I read this in a Jackie Healy Rae voice -

I call on you the Kerry supporters who have followed our team to protest in Killarney on Saturday against the GAA’s mistaken decision to appoint David Gough as All-Ireland referee for the 2019 all-Ireland final. He lives and works in Dublin and is chairman of Dublin Cumann na mBunscoil, he has a conflict of interest and has proven himself to be pro-Dublin in previous matches. We call on the Kerry County Board to get this decision reversed. We won’t allow the Dublin elite to ride rough shot over us anymore, We want a fair referee and like Kildare last year the people power must be respected. Gough out and if the GAA won’t listen we threaten to forfeit, no way, not this year, we are not Mayo and we won’t be bullied by the Dublin elite and their millions.

It must be up there with Robert Emmet's speech from the dock.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

" we threaten to forfeit"

Threaten but not follow through? good jesus.
    In other news they took my hard earned moola for my final tickets.

" we threaten to forfeit"

Threaten but not follow through? good jesus.
    In other news they took my hard earned moola for my final tickets.

its becoming a farce now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Do we get our ticket money back if they forfeit?

Have my eye on a fancy schmancy espresso machine in Power City.

Paddy Power are offering odds on what next weeks Kerry whinge will be. Heard the ref providing protection for The Golden Child is at 3/1 , but is that not a wee bit obvious?

its becoming a farce now.

It was always a farce

It was always a farce

What that people exist outside Dublin? I totally agree.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Is this the one?

https://m.facebook.com/events/973511929660581?acontext=%7B%22ref%22%3A%223%22%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D&aref=3

Are they going to threaten to forfeit, or actually forfeit, coz this $hit is comedy gold?

#AskingForAFriend

2 at it, with a sign - picture is on Twitter but I’m on my phone so can’t link it but I just searched Fitzgerald stadium and it came up 😂😂😂

2 at it, with a sign - picture is on Twitter but I’m on my phone so can’t link it but I just searched Fitzgerald stadium and it came up 😂😂😂

I dont have the tweet machine can you post the picture here please I love a mocking picture.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

• Registered Users Posts: 25,395 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I read this in a Jackie Healy Rae voice -

I call on you the Kerry supporters who have followed our team to protest in Killarney on Saturday against the GAA’s mistaken decision to appoint David Gough as All-Ireland referee for the 2019 all-Ireland final. He lives and works in Dublin and is chairman of Dublin Cumann na mBunscoil, he has a conflict of interest and has proven himself to be pro-Dublin in previous matches. We call on the Kerry County Board to get this decision reversed. We won’t allow the Dublin elite to ride rough shot over us anymore, We want a fair referee and like Kildare last year the people power must be respected. Gough out and if the GAA won’t listen we threaten to forfeit, no way, not this year, we are not Mayo and we won’t be bullied by the Dublin elite and their millions.

It must be up there with Robert Emmet's speech from the dock.

Just crowd pleasing / displeasing politicking. You can laugh a bit at this backwoods eejit but he has landed his credibility in even more poor light here.

The above reads not as an attack on Dublin, GAA HQ or the Kerry county board but an attack on David Gough. A good referee who has no track record of bias towards Dublin or any other county for that matter.

Difficult to fathom why people especially in positions of responsibility might want to go to these lengths and just bully and harass or ‘potentially influence’ but I know he’d never get my vote...and those who live closer to his parish would do well to think the same because if he needed to achieve an ‘advantage’ down there by just going and unfairly trying to discredit others, that’s not the actions of a fair or decent individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

CatInABox wrote: »

Good god it actually makes Ted and Dougle’s protest look like Gandhi’s Salt March, cringe!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

In fairness to the Kerry management, they came out and backed Gough fully. I'd say they're morto even being mentioned in the same sentence as this stuff.

I thought that I'd dislike this Kerry team more, but they do play nice football, and I can always appreciate nice football. I will state however, that I have never wanted Dublin to absolutely stuff another team more than this Kerry team this year. Nothing to do with the team, but I had a staycation in Kerry this year, which ended acrimoniously. We got kicked out of our B&B because our baby was crying for about ten minutes during the night. I was livid. My wife, a Meath woman, is cheering for Dublin in the final.

In fairness to the Kerry management, they came out and backed Gough fully. I'd say they're morto even being mentioned in the same sentence as this stuff.

I thought that I'd dislike this Kerry team more, but they do play nice football, and I can always appreciate nice football. I will state however, that I have never wanted Dublin to absolutely stuff another team more than this Kerry team this year. Nothing to do with the team, but I had a staycation in Kerry this year, which ended acrimoniously. We got kicked out of our B&B because our baby was crying for about ten minutes during the night. I was livid. My wife, a Meath woman, is cheering for Dublin in the final.

All for that.

But the use of staycation must cease.

---

So I take it that Kerry aren't forfeiting then?

All for that.

But the use of staycation must cease.

Holiday down the country, or boozy week (as much as you can with the responsibilities of two kids) away?

It's like an echo chamber in here
    The GAA could have avoided all this by appointing a ref from Connacht or Ulster, as they always used to.

But this is the new GAA, where they act first then think about the optics and consequences afterwards

You don't have to come in here ya know?

Avoided all what exactly? A few ex Kerry players and coaches taking a cut at a referee before an All Ireland final? Wouldn't be like them.

This is not a problem in the GAA at all. But the anti Dub brigade decided it's another advantage we have. And that we must create an issue cos heaven forbid we would credit this Dublin team with any of their success.

Are you suggesting that going forward in inter county, that all referees must be from other provinces AND in case of Dublin not work there too? Good jesus ye lot are pathetic.

Holiday down the country, or boozy week (as much as you can with the responsibilities of two kids) away?

Ah, I jest. I just have a personal dislike of this trend of compounding or bastardising words when we already have words for that!

It's like an echo chamber in here
    The GAA could have avoided all this by appointing a ref from Connacht or Ulster, as they always used to.

But this is the new GAA, where they act first then think about the optics and consequences afterwards

First thing on a Sunday morning and you're thinking of Dublin GAA. How sad and pathetic are you.

Get yourself a girlfriend. Try Tinder or POF. Never needed them myself, I'm ridiculously good looking and have a life.

Try those meet ups boards do every so often, you might make some friends there. Awe boards fwends. Xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

what part of Kerry was that in u mind me asking??? tbf Kerry people are usually very welcoming of guests from anywhere in the world and mostly treat them well.... must say disappointed by ur host... that would not be the Kerry way tbh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement