Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Lots of Dublin flags and bunting along Sherrif St and Seville Place. Ballybough well decked out. The Bridge Inn great murals on walls. Summerhill looking good. All Ireland fever is here lads. Gonna be a great weekend. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

Just curious to what people think- who would you name in your full back line for Sunday?

Being the best back we have (in my opinion)- I'd name Cooper there first. My second man in there would be Davy Byrne- I think he has had a great year.

But who is the third man? Philly? I don't think he has had his best year but his guile/experience/whatever you want to call it might be useful on Sunday. I love Mick Fitz but I don't think he has looked that sharp this year, and judging by the Omagh game I wouldn't say ROC is ready.

You'd expect Kerry to reserve Tommy Walsh as an option from the bench but they could always surprise you in the aim of throwing an early curve-ball in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Fitz to put manners on the Boy Wonder. Jonny full back. Byrne right corner. Small, Cian, Jack. They be watching their facebook pages about their four minors at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

frankled wrote: »

But who is the third man? Philly? I don't think he has had his best year but his guile/experience/whatever you want to call it might be useful on Sunday. I love Mick Fitz but I don't think he has looked that sharp this year, and judging by the Omagh game I wouldn't say ROC is ready.

Wouldn't be playing McMahon. He's far too loose and thats not something you want against a decent inside line. Although COS and Murchan had excellent cameos against Mayo i think Gavin will pick the same team.

I like Bonneis bravado but realistically we'll be doing well to hold them.

Its academic anyway because they're going to get murdered around the middle of the park.;)

Philly be best left til later on I think. They will no doubt have a plan to upset defenders particularly with eye to early cards.

You could see against Tyrone and Cork that they were doing a lot of off the ball aggravation, especially on players who were moving to keep up with the play, Sort of thing O'Brien was at against Meath.

Be interesting to see if they start Sherwood. They might do as he is one their more experienced black arts merchants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Went on a bit of a pub crawl yesterday looking for tickets. There's no tickets out there at all.

A very well known pub (wont say their name) who'd normally get a bundle of tickets only got 4 this year. I even went into some of the better known culchie pubs, and they hadnt heard of anyone with spares. Some might come about on Saturday but not looking good for spares right now. My brother in laws' company has a corporate box and even he cant get sorted this year.

Demand at an all time high :(

My brother usually gets one from companies he deals with but only outside chance this year. He was saying that rugby types who would normally pass them on to GAA people are more tempted to go this time because of the occasion, which is fair enough if you have one. He's just hoping one of them recalls that he has been going since 1974!

Permanent mural of Jim Gavin in Ballybough got the green light i see. Going up on Monday. Jim the legend etched into Dublin folklore forever more. Well deserved. Some colour around the city.

The Kerry invaders are going to be met by a sea of blue on and off the field and will have a bad dose of the blues come Monday morning. It's a long time since Bomber and the boys drove home past the Red Cow without a heavy heart and broken dreams after another bout of Capital Punishment. The same roundabout will be closed on Sunday due to flooding from Kerry tears the way things are going. Sweet, salty tears.

Who is John Small going to pick up (annoy) on Sunday?

Slattsy wrote: »
    Who is John Small going to pick up (annoy) on Sunday?

Probably that lad with the bad looking run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

There’s not a flag to be found to buy in Dublin

Passed through Finglas village this morning. Looks brilliant. Fair play to the Isles and local businesses and residents. Was a time when there almost certain to have been a Finglas man on the panel.

Probably that lad with the bad looking run.

Jesus himself?

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Passed through Finglas village this morning. Looks brilliant. Fair play to the Isles and local businesses and residents. Was a time when there almost certain to have been a Finglas man on the panel.

Brave man :pac:

Now, now. No need for that at all.

(Keith Barr was wondering where you'd be having a pint Sunday …)

I know the man quite well actually. Would still watch me wallet around him :)

:eek:

Anyway, he's not even a real Finglas man :)

Nope, close (but far enough away) to my neck of the woods :cool:

Posh git.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I hadn't, until 1pm, asked for Monday off. How silly.

Out of office on!

Stout in O'Connell's soon!

COYBIB!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

vicwatson wrote: »
    There’s not a flag to be found to buy in Dublin
    Probably all used decorating the bandwagon

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Edgware wrote: »

Well it's not for want of money to buy em

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Edgware wrote: »

Ya reckon? What like by culchies living in Dublin? Probably ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Keith and his brother were a few years ahead of me at Erins Isle in the late 70's. They weren't impressed at the showing of a Woody Wood Pecker Cartoon at the opening of the new Hall back then. I was eight and they were early teens. I was from Finglas South. Probably didn't serve to be there, but great days all the same. Then I moved to a dodgy part of Clondalkin.........TBC:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

• Registered Users Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

ProudDUB wrote: »

Jayus, there might actually be no changes to the clár for once!

Edit - Hang on a minute - no o'sullivan?

I would be surprised if John Small starts he has been dodgy in games sending off waiting to happen.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

John Small definitely starts! O'sullivan might be a tad slow against those speedier Kerry boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

John Small definitely starts! O'sullivan might be a tad slow against those speedier Kerry boys.

I suppose you are right - but I would trust COS over Small better positioning.
    COS seems to know the potential danger areas before they happen.
    Plus he rarely gives the ball away.

Small seems to have a habit of getting an early stupid yellow - then all it would take is another stupid yellow and it would be panic stations.
    Bit erratic at times.

Murchan can feel hard done by if he does not start as well I think.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

Any leaked programme pics of the full 26? That's the real question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Flags appearing along the N11 near Stillorgan/Colaiste Eoin. Kilmacud is bedlam today whatever’s going on inside

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement