Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Murchan for Small is John picks up a yellow. He will be targeted, and although a great player, he can be his own worst enemy when it comes to requiring calmness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Flags appearing along the N11 near Stillorgan/Colaiste Eoin. Kilmacud is bedlam today whatever’s going on inside
    Hosting the 7's

• Registered Users Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Jaden wrote: »
    Murchan for Small is John picks up a yellow. He will be targeted, and although a great player, he can be his own worst enemy when it comes to requiring calmness.

Nothing against John Small personally - but I hope he does not start for this reason the game is too important and the Kerry forwards lethal.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Here we go - no changes

EDSxyeEX4AINa9o.jpg

Me nerves are frayed, frayed! I may have to seek the comfort of Arthur

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ya reckon? What like by culchies living in Dublin? Probably ;)
    There are loads of flags up round the tenement areas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

My oul lad is sorted with a match watching venue in Tralee. I reckon he's spent two days doing research. :D And my poor mother in the Bon Secours recovering from a knee replacement. I ring to check on my mother and he talks about the match. This mornings installment involved meeting a Kerry lad who has a ticket for the game and claims whatever the result, he'll be happy. A kerry win, grand. A Dublin win and he witnesses history live.

I'm contemplating getting a train outta the sticks and hitting either Smithfield or a pub. But the missus is looking at the cost of taxis to and from the station, train fare, booze and grub. She reckons I could go on the lash locally for a fraction of the cost.

SHE DOES NOT GET IT.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Nothing against John Small personally - but I hope he does not start for this reason the game is too important and the Kerry forwards lethal.

A liability bigtime. He was bery lucky not be black carded after 15 mins v Mayo in drawn All Ireland. Only for the stupidity of D Vaughan he would probably have cost us that All Ireland. Sent off again last years final. Its a miracle he hasn't cost us a big game.Warrior type player lacking a bit between the ears. I was never a big fan.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    My oul lad is sorted with a match watching venue in Tralee. I reckon he's spent two days doing research. :D And my poor mother in the Bon Secours recovering from a knee replacement. I ring to check on my mother and he talks about the match. This mornings installment involved meeting a Kerry lad who has a ticket for the game and claims whatever the result, he'll be happy. A kerry win, grand. A Dublin win and he witnesses history live.

I'm contemplating getting a train outta the sticks and hitting either Smithfield or a pub. But the missus is looking at the cost of taxis to and from the station, train fare, booze and grub. She reckons I could go on the lash locally for a fraction of the cost.

SHE DOES NOT GET IT.:(

Taxis wouldn't cost you much from Heuston to Smithfield or up around Croke Park. Im a taxi driver so 10e should cover a short trip.You'd
    stroll down to Smithfield in 15 minutes. No alcohol though and probably full of families and kids.

Taxis wouldn't cost you much from Heuston to Smithfield or up around Croke Park. Im a taxi driver so 10e should cover a short trip.You'd
    stroll down to Smithfield in 15 minutes. No alcohol though and probably full of families and kids.

Stop- you'd walk from heuston to Smith in 10 - or get the Luas door to door. I have a Wilson so that dilemma is sorted - if I didn't - I'd seriously consider Smithfield. Either way enjoy the game!

IRE60 wrote: »
    Stop- you'd walk from heuston to Smith in 10 - or get the Luas door to door. I have a Wilson so that dilemma is sorted - if I didn't - I'd seriously consider Smithfield. Either way enjoy the game!

Im watching it at home. Wouldn't go near Smithfield. Want to soak up the build up on radio and tv all the punditry. Will work from 07.00 in morning. Off the drink so no place like home. No ticket so dont mind.

• Advertisement

30 quid return from where I live to the nearest station that gets me to Heuston. That's the issue even before the train fare. In Laois. Not a great spot to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

30 quid return from where I live to the nearest station that gets me to Heuston. That's the issue even before the train fare. In Laois. Not a great spot to watch it.

My sympathies.

If you are in the south of the county, a hostelry in Kilkenny or Tipp would be a better bet if you can there, and save on the train. Less likely to find Dub obsessives and those resentful of success.

Spot the Dub! Never thought of that end of things! (Nephew plays for O'Dempseys - we try and keep it a secret in this parish!)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

There's no sign of tickets. I've hit all the decent culchie pubs, even the Tipp ones, and there's **** all.

Resigned to watching it at home*.

*pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Slattsy wrote: »
    There's no sign of tickets. I've hit all the decent culchie pubs, even the Tipp ones, and there's **** all.

Resigned to watching it at home*.

*pub.

Really sorry to hear that. Saw a request earlier from a woman who I saw at the league match earlier this year in Tralee and she was looking for a ticket also. I heard even 88 year old Molly Malone only got sorted out today and that poor lad was in Clones, Omagh, Roscommon plus all the matches at Croker, league and championship.

It wouldn't take a genius to come up with a loyalty fob or such like to count the number of games a person attends or take account of tickets bought to offer some sort of credit to dedicated supporters who can't avail of season tickets or PP.

Home now for Up for the Match. So bad its kinda good sometimes. Like Fair City haha. Who will they roll out tonight? Few candidates - Charlie Redmond, Keith Barr, Paddy Cullen, Vinny Murphy, Pillar Caffrey, Bomber Liston, Jack O Shea, Darragh O Se, Paul Galvin. If one of these lads doesn't makean appearance id be surprised. Jackie Hurley is no Grainne Seoige though. Grainne and Des Cahill reminded me of Beauty and the Beast. No eye candy now. Enjoy lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

At least that clown David Brady isn't on it.

Home now for Up for the Match. So bad its kinda good sometimes. Like Fair City haha. Who will they roll out tonight? Few candidates - Charlie Redmond, Keith Barr, Paddy Cullen, Vinny Murphy, Pillar Caffrey, Bomber Liston, Jack O Shea, Darragh O Se, Paul Galvin. If one of these lads doesn't makean appearance id be surprised. Jackie Hurley is no Grainne Seoige though. Grainne and Des Cahill reminded me of Beauty and the Beast. No eye candy now. Enjoy lads.

Like Fair City I love to laugh at it but when Dublin weren't involved. Always very funny then. But the last FOUR years:D were dull. I'm expecting tonight's to be all 5 in a row stuff with failed attempts to be thrown in aswell. Recording it. I'll watch it on Monday morning nursing a hang over, IF Dublin win. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Gael85

Dublin have used 34 players in 7 Championship games.Appearances+Subs for 2019 Championship Games

Byrne, David 6+1
    McCarthy, James 6+1
    Macauley, Michael Darragh 4+3
    McMahon, Philly 3+4
    Cluxton, Stephen 6
    Fenton, Brian 6
    Fitzsimons, Michael 6
    Howard, Brian 6
    Kilkenny, Ciaran 6
    Mannion, Paul 6
    McCaffrey, Jack 6
    O’Callaghan, Con 6
    Scully, Niall 6
    Small, John 6
    Costello, Cormac 5+1
    Small, Paddy 1+5
    O’Sullivan, Cian 4+1
    Andrews, Paddy 1+4
    McManamon, Kevin 1+4
    O’Carroll, Rory 1+4
    Cooper, Jonny 3+1
    Rock, Dean 2+2
    Murchan, Eoin 1+3
    Bugler, Sean 1+1
    Connolly, Diarmuid 1+1
    Gavin, Darren 1+1
    Lowndes, Eric 1+1
    Comerford, Evan 1
    McDaid, Robert 1
    McGowan, Andrew 1
    Brogan, Bernard 0+1
    O’Cofaigh Byrne, Peadar 0+1
    O’Connor, Cian 0+1
    O’Gara, Eoghan 0+1

Dublin have scored 17-138(189) and conceded 2-79(85) in 7 Championship games. Scorers 2019 Championship Games

Costello, Cormac 1-31
    Rock, Dean 1-26
    Mannion, Paul 0-22
    O’Callaghan, Con 4-9
    Fenton, Brian 3-8
    Kilkenny, Ciaran 1-9
    Macauley, Michael Darragh 3-0
    Small, Paddy 0-7
    Scully, Niall 1-4
    McCaffrey, Jack 1-3
    McMahon, Philly 1-3
    McManamon, Kevin 0-4
    Bugler, Sean 0-3
    Howard, Brian 0-3
    O’Gara, Eoghan 1-0
    Andrews, Paddy 0-2
    Brogan, Bernard 0-1
    Connolly, Diarmuid 0-1
    Fitzsimons, Michael 0-1
    Small, John 0-1

Dublin have used 37 players in 7 League games.Appearances+Subs for 2019 League Games

Fenton, Brian 7
    Scully, Niall 7
    Mannion, Paul 6+1
    Rock, Dean 6+1
    Howard, Brian 5+2
    Cooper, Jonny 6
    Costello, Cormac 6
    O’Callaghan, Con 6
    Gavin, Darren 4+2
    Comerford, Evan 5
    Flynn, Paul 2+3
    Andrews, Paddy 1+4
    Byrne, David 4
    Fitzsimons, Michael 4
    McCarthy, James 4
    O’Sullivan, Cian 4
    Small, John 4
    McCaffrey, Jack 2+2
    O’Connor, Cian 3+1
    Daly, Darren 1+3
    Macauley, Michael Darragh 1+3
    Kilkenny, Ciaran 3
    Lowndes, Eric 3
    Murchan, Eoin 3
    Bugler, Sean 1+2
    Basquel, Colm 0+3
    McManamon, Kevin 0+3
    Cluxton, Stephen 2
    Basquel, Ryan 1+1
    McHugh, Conor 1+1
    McDaid, Robert 0+2
    Flatman, Liam 1
    McGowan, Andrew 1
    Mullally, Conor 1
    Brogan, Bernard 0+1
    McMahon, Philly 0+1
    O’Gara, Eoghan 0+1

Dublin have scored 9-95(122) and conceded 6-81(105) in 7 League games. Scorers 2019 League Games

Rock, Dean 2-32
    Costello, Cormac 2-13
    Mannion, Paul 2-13
    O’Callaghan, Con 2-7
    Scully, Niall 1-3
    Andrews, Paddy 0-4
    Fenton, Brian 0-4
    Kilkenny, Ciaran 0-4
    McCarthy, James 0-3
    Basquel, Colm 0-2
    Basquel, Ryan 0-2
    Bugler, Sean 0-2
    Gavin, Darren 0-2
    Flynn, Paul 0-1
    McCaffrey, Jack 0-1
    McManamon, Kevin 0-1
    O’Connor, Cian 0-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Can't do up for the match anymore. So bad it's just unwatchable....

So low key this week. Have tried to keep my head away from it all.
    Meath guy in work today said he hopes we do it.
    Had to lay down for a while lol!
    Mates being sending me pics of Electric Picnic for the last couple of days. Hopefully tomorrow evening I will have something better to send them back.
    Best of luck to you all. Hope those who need tickets get them. Keep it blue....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Did Brogan and O Gara make the 26?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭hunter164

Mon d Dubs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

Wondering the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

I was in Gills last year and moved to Bridge Tavern when heard that they wouldn't let Hill tickets down Jones Road, the fkers, and there were people in both pubs had gotten tickets.

Auld Triangle also not a bad place as it has Kerry connections through owners, and lads from a good few clubs as well as the Brennan family frequent it on match days.

At worst, you will end up in a good spot to soak up atmosphere and see the game in convivial company.

Slattsy wrote: »
    I was gonna say Leitrim lol

Yeah still may head up around Croker way tomorrow. I've got lucky before and a few mates got sorted too last year off some Tyrone lads.

Did that in 2013. Melted my head. Mayo's support resembled a westlife concert. Young girls mid teens all asking the way to Croker. Broke my heart.... Watched that match in a right ****e hole too. Great result but poxy day.
    Hope you get sorted..., don't let it ruin your day if you don't get lucky. its an unfair system but it's always been that way.

The dancing Kerry garda is on. If he was a block of Kerry butter he'd eat himself.

Just met a fella from Cahersiveen - played a bit if ball with Mick O - in his 70's - great chat - like all Kerry supporters - last word - 'at my age I don't travel for nothing' - blood draining stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Gael85

I'd say it between Brogan or O'Carroll for Sean Bugler spot on the bench. Jim Gavin doesn't do sentiment.

Have a read of the Kerry GAA forum for some light relief from the TV.
    I have been a lurker for years. Really enjoyed it. Very knowledgeable people talking football.....
    Well it's nearly full on hatred now...even better reading but for a different reason

• Advertisement

Jaysus folks, to do the 5 in a row tomorrow and really stick it to Kerry, would please me so much. Drinkin beer, but its not having the desired effect tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement