Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Just letting you all know, if we manage to do it tomorrow I will be fcuking insufferable for the next few weeks here. Here’s hoping😉😉😉

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Fitzmaurice looks and sounds gee-eyed. Overindulged im the green room.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭C__MC

Watched the league game back today, IT was only February but Kerry really gave it to Dublin that night. Kickouts, direct running, long ball; certainly encouraging for tomorrow in small terms

That's my fear tomorrow that Kerry can click against Dublin tomorrow and do damage. If Dublin are as loose as they where against cork, its game on.

I'm hoping Dublin do it. A great team with great men, great fans and manager.

Plenty of elderly pensioners in the audoence and the prize for all is a free day at the Trip to Tipp Feile. The look of deflation was widespread. Awful prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

C__MC wrote: »
    Watched the league game back today, IT was only February but Kerry really gave it to Dublin that night. Kickouts, direct running, long ball; certainly encouraging for tomorrow in small terms

That's my fear tomorrow that Kerry can click against Dublin tomorrow and do damage. If Dublin are as loose as they where against cork, its game on.

That team that night was not up and running. It was a belter of a game. Kerry deserved the win. But that won't be the team they meet tomorrow.
    In truth i would love a game like that tomorrow. Once we win this time.Otherwise I'll take a routine win!!!

• Advertisement

Vinny Murphy in audience. He'll love that Trip to Tipp freebie. Thurles has good memories for Vinny!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I was trying to work out what the change/changes will be....because you know there has to be at least one from the named team. I reckon Mick Fitz will lose out to COS. Its hard to see anyone else losing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

kala85 wrote: »
    Wondering the same.

I’d imagine the 26 would stay the same as Mayo game bar an injury?

Brogan and O Gara only came on as subs in that nothing match against Tyrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭conor05

Bonniedog wrote: »
    My sympathies.

If you are in the south of the county, a hostelry in Kilkenny or Tipp would be a better bet if you can there, and save on the train. Less likely to find Dub obsessives and those resentful of success.

Would the even show a Gaelic football match in Kilkenny??? People in the pub be wondering what sport it is

Not the best was Up for the Match tonight. Could head back out working and make a killing tonight but im banjaxed and like Jim says i must stick to the process ; bed early, up early. In Jim we trust. Last sleep before the 5 in a row lads. 16 hours to throw in. The waiting is just about over.

Hope all our lads sleep like babies while an Ozzy Osbourne tribute act and traveller wedding keep the young Kerry lads awake sweating all night wherever their holed up. Sweetdreams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

conor05 wrote: »
    Would the even show a Gaelic football match in Kilkenny??? People in the pub be wondering what sport it is

It's not that rare now! They just don't bother much with it.

One thing is for sure, they don't have any hatred of Dublin based on small mindedness. They are even nice to us when it comes to hurling :)

Could head back out working and make a killing tonight but im banjaxed .

That's just begging for a response, but, but ….. Selig would ban me and I'd miss the afters ;)

Like a small boy waiting for Santa now.

Have grown old and cynical but this is the biggest sporting occasion I am ever likely to see in my life. First time I saw a Dublin football team was in semi against Cork in 1974. Still prefer the stick fighting, but it has been a part of my life for 45 years.

Just myself and brother tomorrow, Da too old to go, three uncles dead, daughter at Electric Picnic and kicking herself that she didn't check the date (and would probably have my ticket if I tricked her into taking it) and others gone for various reasons.

We once took up a good corner of the Clonliffe before games. Just the two of us so. But lots of people we know, mostly through this thing of ours, that we will see tomorrow.

It is the best thing about this city of ours, and tomorrow hopefully will be their finest hour. If not then we will salute their conquerers because they will have to be fkn good.

Up the Dubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Tonight we need a collective prayer, I’ll start, the rest can add a paragraph of their own :D

Our father who art in heaven,
    Hallowed be thy name,
    Thy Kingdom fall,
    At the feet of John Small,
    As it was in 2011.

Bless our sacred Hill 16,
    And the wisdom of Jim Gavin,
    As today we achieve what has never been,
    5-in-a-row is what we're havin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭mobby

Bonniedog wrote: »
    That's just begging for a response, but, but ….. Selig would ban me and I'd miss the afters ;)

Like a small boy waiting for Santa now.

Have grown old and cynical but this is the biggest sporting occasion I am ever likely to see in my life. First time I saw a Dublin football team was in semi against Cork in 1974. Still prefer the stick fighting, but it has been a part of my life for 45 years.

Just myself and brother tomorrow, Da too old to go, three uncles dead, daughter at Electric Picnic and kicking herself that she didn't check the date (and would probably have my ticket if I tricked her into taking it) and others gone for various reasons.

We once took up a good corner of the Clonliffe before games. Just the two of us so. But lots of people we know, mostly through this thing of ours, that we will see tomorrow.

It is the best thing about this city of ours, and tomorrow hopefully will be their finest hour. If not then we will salute their conquerers because they will have to be fkn good.

Up the Dubs.

Nice one bro. Come on ye Boys in Blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭ciarang85

Ath cliath abú

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Fitzmaurice looks and sounds gee-eyed. Overindulged im the green room.

Duff stuck it to him with the reference to the referee.. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭eoinymc

Hey folks - last minute but I have two Jill tickets looking to swap for two stand tickets (so I can bring my 7 year old dub mad son!). Anyone want or know anyone who would want to go to the hill?

Let me know! COYBIB

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭toffeeshel

eoinymc wrote: »
    Hey folks - last minute but I have two Jill tickets looking to swap for two stand tickets (so I can bring my 7 year old dub mad son!). Anyone want or know anyone who would want to go to the hill?

Let me know! COYBIB

The jacks on the jill 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭eoinymc

toffeeshel wrote: »
    The jacks on the jill 😀

Jill Is great craic!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Up and atom!

Me nerves.

(Goes to iron Big Boy Pants and retro jersey.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭dunnerc

COYBIB

A few podcasts for those interested before game. The Throw In on Soundcloud with Brolly, A Brogan, T O Se. The GAA Hour live from Liberty Hall on Soundcloud. The Last Word with Matt Cooper live from Coppers get on Last Word podcasts on Today FM website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

@bonniedog - 'this thing of ours' love it!
    Have case, will travel.
    '76 shirt at the ready and a ticket for the hill - cant wait.

La Cosa Nostra - this thing of ours. Dubs style. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Really sorry to hear that. Saw a request earlier from a woman who I saw at the league match earlier this year in Tralee and she was looking for a ticket also. I heard even 88 year old Molly Malone only got sorted out today and that poor lad was in Clones, Omagh, Roscommon plus all the matches at Croker, league and championship.

It wouldn't take a genius to come up with a loyalty fob or such like to count the number of games a person attends or take account of tickets bought to offer some sort of credit to dedicated supporters who can't avail of season tickets or PP.

No!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭daveorourke77

I really really hope I’m wrong but I’m your stereotypical pessimist.

I’ve had a nagging feeling all year that we would get beaten in the Championship at some point this year but this would be the ultimate mickey teaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Is there many spare tickets floating about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I really really hope I’m wrong but I’m your stereotypical pessimist.

I’ve had a nagging feeling all year that we would get beaten in the Championship at some point this year but this would be the ultimate mickey teaser.

Ah jaysis get the holy water we need an exorcism!

Bit of an emotional rollercoaster for me today - spare a thought for those no longer with us that stood in the trenches when we hadn't a prayer. I'll be thinking of ya buddy .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement