Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

I'd imagine Kerry and Dublin clubs will get a lot more than last time, and they will be snapped up like hot cakes. There was no general sale for the 2016 replay. Doubt very much there will be next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Gonna be a long week. And i'm tired already.

There were 25 lads on my stag (Munich - great craic) and only 3 of us had ever played GAA; myself, my Father, and a lad from Donegal. All soccerball heads. Mad when you think about.

The search for tickets is on, again. Hoping there'll be a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

https://www.gaahandball.ie/news/fairytale-ending-for-kennedy-at-croker

Cracking game at Croker on Saturday - anyone else go to this.

There was fair tension throughout, very entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭muddle84

munster87 wrote: »
    You could see at the time that Kilkenny didn’t want Connolly anywhere near the line ball. Kilkenny would have found a man by playing the ball back and no need for a reply more than likely.

I remember the exact same thing happened in the 2017 final too after Rocks free if I remember rightly and nobody dared challenge Kilkenny for taking it. I remember Kilkenny was asked about it in a few interviews over the winter (was that the year castleknock made the final?) and the answer was something along the lines of that being a situation we hadn't planned for no better next time etc. Kilkenny is three years wiser now though couldnt see him giving the ball up to anyone in that situation now. Rock the same I bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Didn't he do that in another big game? (can't remember which one it was)
    Grabbed the ball from whoever was set to take the free, and nailed it over the bar.
    I doubt the dublin players would put up with a fella grabbing the ball. if it was any other player. Was waiting for him to do the same with Rock last Sunday.
    Would have been interesting if Rock would have let him take it.

In the 2016 semi final, Dubs were 1 point up v Kerry deep into injury. Connolly took on a long range point effort with his left from the Hogan Stand side, when many would have suggested the correct option was to recycle the ball and try and run down the clock. Ball sailed over the bar to put 2 points in it and seal the deal.

The final v Mayo was slightly different. There was still a minute left. Playing keep ball can be high risk against Mayo. When you've someone of Connolly's ability, going for the point is not a bad option. It runs down the clock and even if it's missed the resultant kickout should be 50/50.

Two things must happen though if the point doesn't go over. The ball must go dead and every Dub must pick up a man for the kickout. The ball did go dead, but instead of picking up his man, O'Gara lost the head a bit and tried to disrupt the keeper from kicking it out. But Clarke simply ignored him and passed the simple kickout to O'Gara's man, who was now completely free. This allowed Mayo to quickly work the ball into a scoreable position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    https://www.gaahandball.ie/news/fairytale-ending-for-kennedy-at-croker

Cracking game at Croker on Saturday - anyone else go to this.

There was fair tension throughout, very entertaining.

Worked with Eoin for a number of years - very nice guy and puts in some amount of gym work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Diarmuid Connolly starting at number 7 for the replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Slattsy wrote: »
    Gonna be a long week. And i'm tired already.

There were 25 lads on my stag (Munich - great craic) and only 3 of us had ever played GAA; myself, my Father, and a lad from Donegal. All soccerball heads. Mad when you think about.

The search for tickets is on, again. Hoping there'll be a few.

Will she be sold out do ye reckon

Will she be sold out do ye reckon

I'd say so. No shortage of demand here.

A lot will depend on the Kerry fans. They'd be the worst of the fairweatherers. They won't travel for anything but a final, but did they plan for two games? We'll see.

Game at 6pm won't help, but if they really want to be there the time won't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

keano25 wrote: »
    Diarmuid Connolly starting at number 7 for the replay.

Lol

• Advertisement

Lol

He knows!!

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Interesting wing back!

Leaked again. That's twice recently. Someone out to get us in!

Not a hope that team starts.

Leaked again. That's twice recently. Someone out to get us in!

I’m thinking it’s a doctored bluff tbh!

I’m thinking it’s a doctored bluff tbh!

Definitely. Looks well. That's Mayo on other page.

Does, apart from Connolly’s name looking a slightly lighter shade of font than the rest. Yerra yerra!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Just had a look at the final programme there it is Kerry on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭muddle84

Just had a look at the final programme there it is Kerry on the other side.

It's definitely not Mayo, no Jason at number 2 for Mayo, no David at number 13 either!!!

Programmes not gone to print yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

This little fecker shouldn't be on the pitch if he cant behave himself.

https://twitter.com/kevincoakley7/status/1168654549340626944

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

STB. wrote: »

Someone call the outrage police !

He did that to McMenaman as well in injury time.

Some people trying to make a laugh of it. Sh1t like that has led to full on fights at club games.

What was he hoping to achieve? Provoking a Dublin official to punch his lights out? What?

Of course he will be there again on Saturday, for all the other whinging and fussiness about officials.

You'd have heard all about it from the outrage police if it had been Jason or the Dublin maor uisce who did that to one of the boy wonders.

So he did it twice?I can only imagine the outrage if a Dublin official had done that. But as per usual, if they're not a Dub you can do what ya want and nothing will be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Gael85

STB. wrote: »

That was Peter Crowley doing maor uisce.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

technocrat wrote: »
    Someone call the outrage police !

Me arse.

That's how you wind up players, to get them to do something stupid. I think there were 5 mins to go at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Few drops of water lads. Silly carry on by the Kerry muppet but not a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Bonniedog wrote: »
    He did that to McMenaman as well in injury time.

Some people trying to make a laugh of it. Sh1t like that has led to full on fights at club games.

What was he hoping to achieve? Provoking a Dublin official to punch his lights out? What?

Of course he will be there again on Saturday, for all the other whinging and fussiness about officials.

Alright to have this tramp on the line.

You'd have heard all about it from the fkn outrage police if it had been Jason or the Dublin maor uisce who did that to one of the boy wonders.

Seen that at the time and it was/is out of order, but no harm done in the end.
    I wonder what he was hoping to achieve and probably was an impulse action in that try anything at all to win approach of the end justifies the means.

In fairness there was plenty of outcry and denouncement of Lee Keegan when he threw the GPS device. That Rock scores his free anyway probably reduced the ramifications somewhat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭aodomhnaill

Interesting wing back!

Its kerry on the right Jason Foley, Paul Murphy, Gavin White, David Clifford, exact same as final.

But the picture's a fake. Diarmuid Connolly font marginally smaller than all the rest. Someone with way too much time on their hands.

probably was an impulse action .

If he'd done it once it was an impulse action.

He is on camera doing it twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Its kerry on the right Jason Foley, Paul Murphy, Gavin White, David Clifford, exact same as final.

But the picture's a fake. Diarmuid Connolly font marginally smaller than all the rest. Someone with way too much time on their hands.

But not enough time to doctor the sub's bench to remove Connolly, so just cut that completely out!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement