Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

If you can’t remain on the side line without interfering with the play, you shouldn’t be allowed on the sideline.

That was nothing serious, but he still interferes with play and shouldn’t be allowed back on the sideline

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

LiamoSail wrote: »
    If you can’t remain on the side line without interfering with the play, you shouldn’t be allowed on the sideline.

That was nothing serious, but he still interferes with play and shouldn’t be allowed back on the sideline

It could have been acid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Slattsy wrote: »
    It could have been acid.

Imagine throwing acid on MDMA. The whole stadium could have gone up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

:D:D Well it was Electric Picnic weekend after all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

But it does beg the question...why no media coverage? They went on and on and on earlier in the season when Kennedy grabbed the sliothar in the Kilkenny game. Lads can point to a persecution complex all they like but you can be guaranteed RTE would still be canvassing expert opinion had a Dublin lad squirted water. Why no ban either?

• Advertisement

Post of the year.

corny wrote: »
    But it does beg the question...why no media coverage? They went on and on and on earlier in the season when Kennedy grabbed the sliothar in the Kilkenny game. Lads can point to a persecution complex all they like but you can be guaranteed RTE would still be canvassing expert opinion had a Dublin lad squirted water. Why no ban either?

That was my point when i mentioned it previously. If it was a Dub you can bet yer bottom dollar there'd have a lot of media coverage. No question. But of course its swept under the carpet, like the Keegan GPS thing.

Can you image the new threads and all the re-reg accounts that would have been set up :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭aodomhnaill

In fairness there was plenty of outcry and denouncement of Lee Keegan when he threw the GPS device. That Rock scores his free anyway probably reduced the ramifications somewhat.

What? Nowhere near enough, if that isn’t bringing the game into disrepute I don’t know what is. Catch a lad with an elbow off the ball and you are looking at a ban and the rest. Chucking a device at a player while he is taking the last kick of a game to win a final is the lowest of the low, cowardly, cheating scum. The fact that Rock landed the point should’ve been totally irrelevant, but it was relevant and it was almost completely ignored by GAA and made a laugh of by media or just not reported on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

That cheating knacker getting schooled by O Callaghan in the semi was almost better than Cluxtons point in 2011, almost ;)

cTB0I1M.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bonniedog wrote: »
    He did that to McMenaman as well in injury time.

Some people trying to make a laugh of it. Sh1t like that has led to full on fights at club games.

What was he hoping to achieve? Provoking a Dublin official to punch his lights out? What?

Of course he will be there again on Saturday, for all the other whinging and fussiness about officials.

You'd have heard all about it from the outrage police if it had been Jason or the Dublin maor uisce who did that to one of the boy wonders.

Not as bad as the Roscommon Maor Uisce who was wearing the same colour as the Roscommon team. Every time Cluxton lined up a kickout in the first half and hour, he ran back and forth across the field, trying to make it look like there was an extra man. Gave it up once they were well behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Slattsy wrote: »
    That was my point when i mentioned it previously. If it was a Dub you can bet yer bottom dollar there'd have a lot of media coverage. No question. But of course its swept under the carpet, like the Keegan GPS thing.

Can you image the new threads and all the re-reg accounts that would have been set up :D:D

Oh, we all remember Pat getting the rule book out during the SG for Dermo. He must have misplaced it for that incident :)

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

blanch152 wrote: »
    Not as bad as the Roscommon Maor Uisce who was wearing the same colour as the Roscommon team. Every time Cluxton lined up a kickout in the first half and hour, he ran back and forth across the field, trying to make it look like there was an extra man. Gave it up once they were well behind.

Jason Sherlock does this constantly also. Counted him on the field in space on 7 of Kerry’s kick outs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

What? Nowhere near enough, if that isn’t bringing the game into disrepute I don’t know what is. Catch a lad with an elbow off the ball and you are looking at a ban and the rest. Chucking a device at a player while he is taking the last kick of a game to win a final is the lowest of the low, cowardly, cheating scum. The fact that Rock landed the point should’ve been totally irrelevant, but it was relevant and it was almost completely ignored by GAA and made a laugh of by media or just not reported on.

I wouldn’t be using the word scum to describe people especially players in a match but if you’re going to use it, lads who carry out unprovoked assaults on innocent people on a night out may be more fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Forge83 wrote: »
    Jason Sherlock does this constantly also. Counted him on the field in space on 7 of Kerry’s kick outs.

He doesn't wear a bib the same colour as the Dublin players, which was the problem with the Roscommon maor uisce. But nice to see that Dublin learned something from the Roscommon game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The problem with the carry on on the side line is eventually something will happen, years ago at a west Meath Dublin game I was sitting very close to the front of the lower hogan and there was a young lad doing water for west Meath, everyone around was a n stitches at his carry on as he was shouting and ranting constantly but at one stage two players got in a scuffle just in front of him and he ran into the pitch luckily he stopped and came back but if he’s gone on and got a belt (that he deserved) there would have been uproar at a kid getting punched by a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Forge83

blanch152 wrote: »
    He doesn't wear a bib the same colour as the Dublin players, which was the problem with the Roscommon maor uisce. But nice to see that Dublin learned something from the Roscommon game.

Will you stop, he is wearing a grey/navy and blue top. The keeper can’t see the space as it’s occupied so looks elsewhere. It’s deliberate cheating. At least Crowley’s water spraying incident was a rush to the head and not deliberately pre planned. I’m sure the ref and linesmen are aware of this for the replay anyway
    Why do players/management be at this kind of ****e. Go out and play football and whoever is the better team wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Will you stop, he is wearing a grey/navy and blue top. The keeper can’t see the space as it’s occupied so looks elsewhere. It’s deliberate cheating. At least Crowley’s water spraying incident was a rush to the head and not deliberately pre planned. I’m sure the ref and linesmen are aware of this for the replay anyway
    Why do players/management be at this kind of ****e. Go out and play football and whoever is the better team wins.
    Griffin was on the pitch for Kerry for most Dublin kickouts too. Every county does it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Lads this is all a bit childish . Any chance of getting back to discussing the game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Clearly, my steadying influence was missed :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,392 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The game should be played in the proper spirit by both sides, both on the field and on the sideline ... players, officials, coaches, runners, physio, medical staff... everyone is there with a job to do and needs to focus on doing that, solely.

If you are found to be discrediting the game and the fairness thereof via your conduct and behavior such as squirting water at a free taker, running close across the free takers line of sight instead of out of the way behind him etc.. I’d like to see citings for the individual, that would prevent them after the first offense from contributing at the following game, and after a second charge have their ability to be on the sideline at any inter county game permanently removed. Banned !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭rm75

Anyway , he's got an 8 week ban and rightly so, childish behaviour.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/kerrys-peter-crowley-accepts-eightweek-ban-after-squirting-water-at-dublin-player-in-allireland-final-38495057.html

Now back to more important things like the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

On the way home from Berlin so haven't been thinking to much the last few days about the match that will all change fairly quickly I'd imagine haha!!

Heard about Brogan hopefully that's confirmed soon if it hasn't already been.

I'm sure the auld nerves will set in again leading up to the game tommorrw but can't wait either way!

Really hope we improve in the areas lacking the last day and win the game in a way that will fit the occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Did my best to stay clear of much of the build up to tomorrow, but some crap seeped through. :eek: Working tomorrow, so won't be able to get a continuous view on TV, but I have the ear piece set for the radio back up.

Enjoy the game folks and hopefully when I get back to this thread late tomorrow, its with a very very happy heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

This game has a quieter buildup than the Normandy landings.
    Unusual that the Kerry brethren aren't all over media giving out about the ref, weather, HQ, funding, rule book etc.
    They must be quietly confident and who can blame them after dominating 14 men for a 15 minute spell 2 weeks ago.

Honestly, I think we'll come out of the blocks like Usain Bolt tomorrow and blow them away early. No messing, no faffing about, just straight down to business. I was worried about the last game but I can't bloody wait for this one.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Expecting a cagey game to start with.
    But overall Dublin to play better than the last day, mistakes at a minimum and win by about four.
    Maybe a 'farewell to the hill' score from Bernard Brogan late on to seal the win?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭kala85

If brogan has made the panel, then who has lost their place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

kala85 wrote: »
    If brogan has made the panel, then who has lost their place.

Paddy Small would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭munster87

O’ Cofaigh Byrne maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Has anyone ever got a ticket scanned on their phone that was not a paper ticket.

There’s a spare in Limerick. Too late to get it now. If they send a picture of the barcode would that suffice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

I've been with people who've done that alright.

I imagine though that it would have to be on the person who bought it's own email/phone.

If forwarded to someone else I'm not sure,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement