Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Think the event went well enough in the end decent crowd turned up .audio was awful up the front better back in front of big screen.Still think a shorter event would be better to keep crowd interested.beleive it was correct to have both teams on show as the ladies deserve huge credit also

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Bambi wrote: »
    Never mind, identify as Dubs, how many people living in Dublin are even Irish at this stage? :D

Don't be silly. Sure it's a well known, scientific fact that all 1.2 million residents of Dublin are:

1. Irish
    2. Dubs
    3. Play GAA & are a member of a Dublin GAA club
    4. 100% loyal to Dublin & have zero affiliationto any other county.
    5. Male.
    6. Aged in the 18-35 demographic.

And Spewan McKenna's says so. So it must be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

7. Handsome bastids.

Heard Fenton was unreal for Raheny last night. Where does Howard play for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Slattsy wrote: »
    Heard Fenton was unreal for Raheny last night. Where does Howard play for them?

He was. Scored six points. Could have gotten a goal or two as well but laid it off to others who made hames of it. Howard was playing inside but came out to 40. Not as effective as Fenton but they don't have the same sort of players around them as with the county obviously. Even so, an impressive win and a big score.

• Advertisement

Bonniedog wrote: »
    He was. Scored six points. Could have gotten a goal or two as well but laid it off to others who made hames of it. Howard was playing inside but came out to 40. Not as effective as Fenton but they don't have the same sort of players around them as with the county obviously. Even so, an impressive win and a big score.

Was told he was amazing alright. 5 or 6. Still serious scoring for a midfielder, regardless of opposition.

Wasn't sure what role Brian eile tended to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Don't be silly. Sure it's a well known, scientific fact that all 1.2 million residents of Dublin are:

1. Irish
    2. Dubs
    3. Play GAA & are a member of a Dublin GAA club
    4. 100% loyal to Dublin & have zero affiliationto any other county.
    5. Male.
    6. Aged in the 18-35 demographic.

And Spewan McKenna's says so. So it must be true.

I would happily read a Roy Curtis match report and his Mave Binchy type of Journalism ahead of the ****e McKenna produces

It shows how much papers prefer a journalist that divides opinion rather then someone that actually knows what they're talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Squareball

Jayus the Mun county lads must feel like retiring from inter-county at this stage.
    They must be raging looked very leggy.

Final score 0-13 0-8
    Think Na Fianna got the last 4 scores.

Na Fianna missed a few goal chances as well during the game.
    So it was well deserved.

Commentator on Dubs TV came out with a great line -

'It is Na Fianna's biggest win since Metro North!' :D

I'm a Mun man, living in the US for a long time now. It's got to the stage now with the five in a row wrapped up where I wish the Mun lads would dedicate the next couple of years to the club. In retrospect I would happily give up a couple of those wins if I thought it would help us win a county championship and who knows after that. I love the Dubs but love the club a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Squareball wrote: »
    I'm a Mun man, living in the US for a long time now. It's got to the stage now with the five in a row wrapped up where I wish the Mun lads would dedicate the next couple of years to the club. In retrospect I would happily give up a couple of those wins if I thought it would help us win a county championship and who knows after that. I love the Dubs but love the club a lot more.

Could look at it like that but you could also argue the environment within the dublin set up has really made the players as good as they are. Comerford didnt play against na fianna so he must be injured or out classed by Currie.

James has been sidelines by injury but ya know if it wasnt in the Dublin environment i dont think he would have the power / stamina he does at this stage of his career.

I know both Small's were plagued by injury and i always said Paddy was nearly better than John and John featured more with Dublin and Philly i feel wouldnt be the same player at his age had it not been for the good run with Dublin.

I think Rock plays a freer type of roll with the club than he does with Dublin but his spot kicking is the best in the country , club or county

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

BKWDR wrote: »
    Could look at it like that but you could also argue the environment within the dublin set up has really made the players as good as they are. Comerford didnt play against na fianna so he must be injured or out classed by Currie.

James has been sidelines by injury but ya know if it wasnt in the Dublin environment i dont think he would have the power / stamina he does at this stage of his career.

I know both Small's were plagued by injury and i always said Paddy was nearly better than John and John featured more with Dublin and Philly i feel wouldnt be the same player at his age had it not been for the good run with Dublin.

I think Rock plays a freer type of roll with the club than he does with Dublin but his spot kicking is the best in the country , club or county

That is a good point - but they always look like they are blowing smoke and or disjointed when all the Dublin lads are back..
    Vinnies seem to have the best of both worlds with thier former Dublin players Mossy, Ger or fellas hardly used like Connolly.
    I don't know how many times Vinne's knocked the Mun fellas out in recent years but it has happened too much to be a fluke - when you think along the lines of rested players game management and the like.

Maybe a few 'blow in players' is the answer for Ballymun when Dublin are still in the championship/recovering? Surely there is a few Meath/Mayo/Wicklow/Kildare lads working around or near Santry-ish area?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Anyone know why good few lads were missing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Sinead Goldrick and Niamh McEvoy gone to play for an aussie rules team.

Will they be gone for championship next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭KevinK

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Sinead Goldrick and Niamh McEvoy gone to play for an aussie rules team.

Will they be gone for championship next year?

Probably not, the Aflw season finishes in March and all (most) of the girls who went out last year were home to play for their county afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Back for April according to the news

Easy win for Brigids in first semi final, and Cuala hammering the bejaysus out of Vinnies.

Look as though they are right back to their best, maybe even sharper. Will win the final pulling up and should give Leinster and AI a rattle again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

I see now from Dublin´s (and many other walks of life) number one hater we are all a bunch of posh, upper class tosers who have abandoned the poor working class :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Easy win for Brigids in first semi final, and Cuala hammering the bejaysus out of Vinnies.

Look as though they are right back to their best, maybe even sharper. Will win the final pulling up and should give Leinster and AI a rattle again.

I dunno, they could probably have done with a with a few hard games in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Any dates available yet for the league matches? Nothing on DubGAA, facebuke or twitter. Thanks to our Mayo friends I know we're in McHale on Sat 1 Feb.

Bambi wrote: »
    I dunno, they could probably have done with a with a few hard games in Dublin.

There is no other team in Dublin within a kick in the arse of Cuala.

Had bad year last year mostly due to having won two AIs in a row. No way Crokes or Boden were of same standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

There is no other team in Dublin within a kick in the arse of Cuala.

Had bad year last year mostly due to having won two AIs in a row. No way Crokes or Boden were of same standard.

The years that they won the AI they had a couple of dogfights in Dublin and I think that stood to them

• Advertisement

Id imagine they are better prepared now. They play challenges against county teams that even in off season are streets ahead of most club teams. You can see it in the way they are hurling again. Very sharp and tight,

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭toffeeshel

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Any dates available yet for the league matches? Nothing on DubGAA, facebuke or twitter. Thanks to our Mayo friends I know we're in McHale on Sat 1 Feb.

From what I can find we are provisionally away in mayo 1st February home to donegal 22 February and home to Meath 14 March.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,343 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Surprised Vinnies went out so limply. Lots of scandal right at the end of the Boden/Na Fianna game, clear back card for a Boden player turned into two yellows instead, meaning McHugh gets sent off for Na Fianna.

Interesting to see how extra time plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Jebus. Those last 10 minutes had more drama than a feckin' Dublin/Mayo match.

Very, very harsh on McHugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

That's some shambolic officiating there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

The curse of refs not punishing the instigator rears it’s head again.

Soon enough skilful players won’t bother playing- Connolly was hounded out and it’s happening in every county.

McHugh got rode because of some no mark goon marking him and the usual rubbish GAA officials

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Na Fianna blew it all the same. A tough defeat to take.

Second game was one of best I've seen in years. No dog in the fight but was shouting for Na Fianna in the end. Awful fk up for Boden second goal. But as neutral well worth being there. Football as it should be played.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    That's some shambolic officiating there

If I was from Na Fianna I would be raging they were robbed by the ref for sure.
    Completely changed the game when they lost McHugh.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Surprised Vinnies went out so limply.

Is it the end of the road for that Vinne's team revamp needed?
    As a neutral I love the way Judes play the game they really make the most of the players they have. Their tactics are perfectly suited to Kevin Mc. Capable of smothering any team and hitting on the break.

I would like to see Judes win it outright now. Anyone as long as it not those Boden crowd after that robbery yesterday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement