Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,184 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Some seriously embarrassing posts online (not here thankfully) over a ****ing flag.

Lads are talking about boycotting all Croke Park retail outlets until the flag is allowed in again. Also have a percecution complex over the perspex glass in the hill and asking why it isn't anywhere else in the ground.

Those massive flags are a right pain in the arse. Nobody who goes to a match to watch the game wants their view covered by a massive flag even pre-game. Mayo have had one at their last two games and in Limerick fans very quickly told the lads where to shove it.

I hope someone beats ye soon, so ye have something proper to complain about! The anti-Dubs conspiricy gets old real quick.

Not here thankfully... but now it is here.

It popped up on my timeline earlier and was swiftly ignored. These guys that run most facebook fan pages are just attention seeking idiots. Our own county no different. Just leave them be, no attention and they'll go away hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Davy and "how did he read the tweet".

He's right though and I posted the same yesterday, how to fcuk did Davy know about the tweet seconds after the game finished. Deflecting attention away from his own shortcomings again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

PARlance wrote:
    Not here thankfully... but now it is here.

True enough. Should have just left it go. Can't believe it's getting traction online though. Poor Aramark or whoever the catering company is. Talk about being caught in the crossfire!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Well I for one am outraged about the banning of the flag, I echo the sentiment of a fellow fan who suggested all Dubs wear black to the next game in protest, that'll show them!*

* might be a hint of sarcasm there......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

These are the same idiots who organise applause for spilled milk.

• Advertisement

These are the same idiots who organise applause for spilled milk.

They've another one planned for the next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Any idea how much spilled milk we're clapping ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Was it avonmore milk?

#prayforkilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Wouldn't be huge fan of having flag blocking my view, and the one that was passed around last day encroached into game time, contrary to the fan page claim.

Hill is becoming event stage for all sorts of stuff from "Palestine", Irish Water, kids who never probably even heard of Dublin dying of cancer, and god knows what next. Anto's dog gets run over by the 40?

On the other hand, GAA and guards do certainly treat Dublin supporters far more strictly than other counties, including blocking off the lane behind the Hill that leads to Summerhill. It is open for all other no Dublin games.

Also as anyone who has attended hurling finals in particular will know that the amount of puking teenagers, many of them who are served inside the ground, is way beyond anything you see when Dublin are playing.

Talk of a boycott is just narrcisstic nonsense designed to boost egos of certain people who think Dublin should have some sort of Ultra thing going. Well, that's what the wendyball is for if they are so moved ..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Anto's dog is dead? Awful news.

Well that's ruined my day. RIP Sam.

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »

Run over trying to cross the Cardiffsbridge Road after a few scoops.

Sam was 12 so there will round of applause in 12th minute.

Dog ears optional.

I would have a partial agreement with them on the perspex due to the fact it's near enough impossible to see out thru it on a sunny day if there's a film of dirt/grease on the glass - tho in saying that it's years since I stood that low to have to look through it so that may have changed. Personally I don't see the need for it, when every other ground in the country including Parnell lets the crowd out at HT never mind FT .. I think it's 2007 since we had a "Plan B" in Croker but there's been any number of punters that have trod the hallowed turf from concerts to eucharistic congress goers without undue concern

Perspex is legitimate complaint. Implies that Hill denizens are likely to transform into knife wielding mob. Got stuck down there when arriving in late to hurling final in 2010 and spent first half watching peoples reflections.

Slattsy wrote: »

Dubs4Sam 2017 T-shirts/Mugs/Beer Glass ?

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Dubs4Sam 2017 T-shirts/Mugs/Beer Glass ?

Would cover all the bases!

Round of applause could be replaced by a minute's barking?

Seriously though, the whole thing is becoming farcical. I hadn't a clue what the applause was for last day so didn't participate. Might have been for ISIS given the proclivities of some of these people. Woman in front of me was clapping and turned to her friend and said :"What's this for."!!!

Eh, Hitler's birthday for all they knew. Massive ego trip. Hill is for people from anywhere and within Dublin fan base there are all sorts of people from all sorts of backgrounds and political views. Trying to create this bullsh1t ultra cult is an insult to our intelligence. If you support Hamas or oppose Irish Water, then go on a fkn protest. Croke Park is for games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Hope the boycott spreads to the Cusack, I might get a pint and drink it at my own pace at half time. Rather than queueing for the entirety of half time and having to wolf it before throw in.

Hope the boycott spreads to the Cusack, I might get a pint and drink it at my own pace at half time. Rather than queueing for the entirety of half time and having to wolf it before throw in.

You are a true bon vivant

:)

I remember once seeing a chap with three plastic pints of lager who was drinking the middle one which he had cleverly positioned at an angle that the other pints would not spill. Well not too much. I think he hosts some foodie programme...

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Would cover all the bases!

Round of applause could be replaced by a minute's barking?

Seriously though, the whole thing is becoming farcical. I hadn't a clue what the applause was for last day so didn't participate. Might have been for ISIS given the proclivities of some of these people. Woman in front of me was clapping and turned to her friend and said :"What's this for."!!!

Eh, Hitler's birthday for all they knew. Massive ego trip. Hill is for people from anywhere and within Dublin fan base there are all sorts of people from all sorts of backgrounds and political views. Trying to create this bullsh1t ultra cult is an insult to our intelligence. If you support Hamas or oppose Irish Water, then go on a fkn protest. Croke Park is for games.

Much like yourself I was clueless last time out to the minutes ovation .. I was asking the young lad and he put me straight about the fbook campaign .. so went off doing a bit of digging and sure enough it wasn't too hard to find.

What fkn killed me, amongst all the yak was a note on the page something along the lines of .... and don't forget people when the applause commences to start singing "there's only 1 Bradley Lowry" .... jesus seriously :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

You are a true bon vivant

:)

I remember once seeing a chap with three plastic pints of lager who was drinking the middle one which he had cleverly positioned at an angle that the other pints would not spill. Well not too much. I think he hosts some foodie programme...

Ladies and gentlemen....and even those of you from Kerry...may I present the greatest invention of all time...

C-3KSOEXgAMxL4J.jpg

I mean seriously...how great is this food and beverage receptable from Yankee stadium...only one carrying hand needed, no spillages if someone jostles you (there is a beer version with a lid, that won't spill either,) fits neatly between the knees, while you take a picture of the back of Barney Rock's head to send to your mates.

Croke Park really need to get the finger out, when it comes to this kind of crass merchandising revenue generating opportunity. Just imagine the huge sums of money they'd make to funnel into the DCB's bank account that would trickle down to grassroots level !

Doubt we'll be seeing Paul Flynn for the QF, was a spectator at the Fingallians-Peregrines game tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

EICVD wrote: »
    Doubt we'll be seeing Paul Flynn for the QF, was a spectator at the Fingallians-Peregrines game tonight.

As in on the side line or not in the game at all?

Why does PF attending a club game mean he won't be playing at the weekend? Players are often spotted at club games in between intercounty fixtures. Wednesday wouldn't even be a training night either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I'm not running at full pelt this morning due to stout. So a diagram please.

---

This was up on RTÉ this morning.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2017/0726/893182-its-a-scene-out-of-father-ted-dubs-fans-to/

Kerryman Vinny Murphy weighs in...

I've noted that 100% of us seem to be against this shoite. I'm guessing they're not "true" fans for it... Boards is the centre of the Dublin supporting universe right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The self importance of the d!ckheads who run these fan pages winds me up no end

"We as social media pages that represent Dublin GAA supporters"

You don't represent me one bit mate

Billy Mays wrote: »
    The self importance of the d!ckheads who run these fan pages winds me up no end

"We as social media pages that represent Dublin GAA supporters"

You don't represent me one bit mate

Seconded.

These characters have been attempting to achieve some sort of prominence through association with Dublin footballers for years. This has included at various junctures attempts to associate the Hill with various political causes.

The idiots even tried to organise people to bring Palestinian flags to the AI final last year, obviously neglecting the fact that the Hamas flag is mainly green and red.... eh, now what team wears green and red?

Anyway, it was disaster and I enjoyed asking one Hamas flag bearer if Gaza had been playing in the minor match :)

I just read a post on FB where one of the boycott organizers are encouraging Dublin supporters to go to Croker on weekend to support Roscommon. Because they are playing Mayo.

Just think about that for a minute ........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I just read a post on FB where one of the boycott organizers are encouraging Dublin supporters to go to Croker on weekend to support Roscommon. Because they are playing Mayo.

Think about FB? These are not things I usually associate with one another.

I hate these pages too, from all counties. It's this crap and the stupid crap comments you read on the journal, some on here too to be fair, that is promoting this growing attitude of hostility between groups of supporters rather than good natured banter.

I've always had good craic and chats with supporters of any county below stands. The only day this doesn't happen is on final day, because it attracts so many dregs. I was embarrassed with the abuse my Mayo friends got walking down dame street last year. They were embarrassed by the coldness some of the Mayo support gave me.

You wouldn't get that at a league match and it is these groups that normalize that kind of crap. Feck them.

I have every intention of shouting for Roscommon this weekend.

Precisely because they are playing Mayo.

Is that wrong of me?

Do I need to go to Confession on the top of Croagh Patrick or something?

And can I bring a fleg flag with me, if I do?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ProudDUB wrote:
    And can I bring a fleg flag with me, if I do?

You should probably check on FB first. 😊

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement