Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Hard to see too many Kerry folk travelling up to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Slattsy wrote: »
    Hard to see too many Kerry folk travelling up to be honest.

Wouldn't be like them.

Wouldn't be like them.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yerra shure God love them...travelling more in hope than expectation...yerra...lucky to keep the ball kicked out to us...yerra yerra...:D

I suppose they are going to accidentally on purpose "forget" aaaallll about the Guard of Honour thingy for the All Ireland champions, yet again?

The poor crathurs. Terrible memories !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Updated charter regarding rumours - don't post unsubstantiated rumours

• Advertisement

In 303 D for the match? Did they shift us down to make way for the "Yerra hordes"?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

https://www.sporcle.com/games/DubGAAOfficial/all-ireland-final-dublin-team-v-kerry--2015

Got all the outfield players but missed a couple of subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭paintitwhite

Is there any chance of them opening up more of the ground for Saturday i.e. Upper Cusack as the standard of ticket on tickets.ie is very poor (Block 336 or Lower Davin). Mind you, its a site that could really give customers more options for picking tickets not a constant lucky dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Is there any chance of them opening up more of the ground for Saturday i.e. Upper Cusack as the standard of ticket on tickets.ie is very poor (Block 336 or Lower Davin). Mind you, its a site that could really give customers more options for picking tickets not a constant lucky dip.

Most people will move seats if there are better ones available unused anyway.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Here is the line up Dessie Named:

EPIBWR6W4AI59tW?format=jpg&name=medium

Here are the young pups from the Kingdom:

EPEmG5uXkAE4W4H?format=jpg&name=large

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Happy with that. In reality how many of them will actually play?Looking forward to a repeat of the Tralee match will do for me.
    With a reversal of the result

Happy with that. In reality how many of them will actually play?Looking forward to a repeat of the Tralee match will do for me.
    With a reversal of the result

Two strong teams out, can't wait for this. Interesting to see how Dessie sets up compared to God.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭MFPM

I'd say Kerry the stronger team on paper certainly upfront - Andrews and McManamon haven't really been at the races for a while. You'd also imagine Kerry are a bit further down the road in terms of training etc than Dublin. Hoping for a Dublin win, wouldn't want to be giving Kerry any confidence.

Bus just passed me on Clonliffe Rd. Very sad to report it still says "Dublin Senior Footballers" on the front.

Would "5 in a row All Ireland Champions Motherfcukers ! " be too much to ask for, just this once?

Ah well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Banner2theend

Appears the incumbent Dublin senior football manager is copying the Jim Gavin playbook, with no pre-match interview and naming teams at the morning of the game. Certainly don't agree with this approach, but then again if it ain't broke don't fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Looking forward to this. Not as cold as I expected. It’s funny cause there was a decent cue getting in (cusack stand) and when you get in it’s fairly sparsely populated.

Doesn’t look like there will be more then 35k if even that which is a shame. Love the floodlight games here.

A lot busier from a lot earlier than I was expecting.

Still think we'll lose it by a couple. Even looking at out there we're not gonna be up to speed just yet. Poxy seats though.

I'll be moving once the crowd has settled.

No Guard of Honour?

Tipp got one from Limerick down in Thurles.

Shockin' bad manners there lads ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

AC188-F8-D-88-CF-49-F6-A97-C-103-D64-F80-F86.jpg

• Advertisement

Very lackadaisical with the shooting even for a warm-up.

Also that Kerry shirt doesn't improve in person.

Fenton is just something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Never easy playing against a extra man for 80 minutes.

WTF was Dessie doing bringing another sub on when the game was practically over & the W was in the bag? Needlessly added another 30 seconds to the clock & handed Kerry a chance to equalize on a bloody platter. Absolutely brilliant game management by the players on the pitch in the last 2 or 3 minutes. Sideline, not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Not sure where those additional 9 minutes came from at the end but not a bad start to the campaign.
    Still giving away scorable soft frees though, which is a slight worry. Need to tighten up on the tackling technique.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Really enjoyed it. Now to get out of this bloody carpark.
    42550 and people say the league doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Kerry found a lot of comfortable space in the final third where Dublin had to foul to keep them out. It's important to blood a defender or two this campaign. No shortage of forward with Aaron Byrne looking very comfortable and Bogler and McHugh already appearing borderline ready.

Concerning second half. They eradicated Fenton's influence and no other player stepped into the space until the final 15mins when Kilkenny assumed his usual influential role. Hopefully, Kerry can't shut Dublin down so easily. They're on an upward trajectory and will take confidence from tonight.

I was really looking forward to Howard in midfield but not sure it is going to work based on this evening. He was nullified too easily.

Buer wrote: »
    Kerry found a lot of comfortable space in the final third where Dublin had to foul to keep them out. It's important to blood a defender or two this campaign. No shortage of forward with Aaron Byrne looking very comfortable and Bogler and McHugh already appearing borderline ready.

Concerning second half. They eradicated Fenton's influence and no other player stepped into the space until the final 15mins when Kilkenny assumed his usual influential role. Hopefully, Kerry can't shut Dublin down so easily. They're on an upward trajectory and will take confidence from tonight.

I was really looking forward to Howard in midfield but not sure it is going to work based on this evening. He was nullified too easily.

Was Aaron Byrne wearing 18?

Had some lovely runs. Looking forward to see him now for the rest of the year.

Relatively enjoyable game. First half was brilliant from both sides.

I didn't think we'd be as fresh as we were.

Also, again, Brian Fenton. Just wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Rory O Carrol was all over the shop. We had the game won. One point up in injury time and Comerford sends what looked like a good kick out to O Carroll. Bizarrely he misjudged the pass and let the ball sail past him. No way was that a bad pass. He then raced back and gave away the free to equalise. Brutal stuff. His fellow clubman Mannion was even worse, fumbling and missing two or three chances. Bad day at the office for the Kilmacud duo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Enjoyable game. Started like we'd blow them away. A little like both All Ire finals. Much quicker out of the blocks. But they reeled us in again. We need to score a goal or two against this lot to finish them off when we're on top. Always seem to let them back in somehow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement