Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭MFPM

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Dreadful performance by hurlers today. We may fkn give up. Be lucky not to be playing Meath next year.

It's hard to know if there's any real progress being made under Kenny. A 12 point defeat against 14 men...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

MFPM wrote: »
    It's hard to know if there's any real progress being made under Kenny. A 12 point defeat against 14 men...

against 14 men for most of the game. 12 points and could've been more. Not sure why David Keogh didn't start let alone get a look in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

McHugh looked lost out there for me. I can't see what he was meant to be bringing. He got hassled way too easily.

Also, I asked last night, Aaron Byrne was wearing no. 18?

Yeah Byrne was no 18 I think he is a far better option than his clubmate McHugh.
    I feel McHugh has missed the boat at this stage and has had plenty of chances under various managers. I can't remember anything in particular McHugh has done in a Dub jersey. OK always just seems to be his best.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

MFPM wrote: »

There's no progress being made really. He has us playing a game plan that doesn't alter and he's doing nothing to address the obvious failing of the team...ie the small time, losing mentality. He seems to have a hard time identifying under performers too.

Very partisan crowd in Nowlan Park. The referee blows for everything once they up the volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Yeah Byrne was no 18 I think he is a far better option than his clubmate McHugh.
    I feel McHugh has missed the boat at this stage and has had plenty of chances under various managers. I can't remember anything in particular McHugh has done in a Dub jersey. OK always just seems to be his best.

He definitely is.

Outside of McHugh and Mannion there wasn't much of an issue to be had with any players out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 sk9

. I can't remember anything in particular McHugh has done in a Dub jersey.

In fairness McHugh was brilliant u21s...

Although I can't believe it was 2014 when he was the best U21 footballer in the country (Cadbury Hero of the Future), scored 1-6 in that years final.

Maybe his ship has sailed, but some game time for fringe players in the league will hopefully uncover some gems

• Registered Users Posts: 27,868 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The penalty was given for Rock's arm being pulled back but did anyone notice that Shane Ryan came out sliding legs first in an attempt to take Rock out. Not the first time either from him.

The late tackles were flying in from Kerry. John Small made a mark and was taken out after landing. Fenton was also late tackled when kicking points. None of it was picked up the officials which makes it no surprise that things turned nasty later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

hots wrote: »
    GAA tourist for a day, bringing some foreign friends to the game on Saturday, Lower Hogan, Row N, I assume this is too far down to catch the cover judging by the other comments? Or is Hogan better than the Cusack for cover?

Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, a few friendly folks around us to talk them through a few intricacies, and a tasty finish to the game too. Incredible day out when you consider it was only €15 too, I think they would have paid that just to see Croke Park anyway to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Pretty abject performance by the hurlers yesterday. Was listening to Ryan O Dwyer who was doing punditry from Nowlan Park for Off The Ball, and he predicted a Dublin win. I remember he did the same last year dpwn in Nowlan Park and was confident of a win. Where does he get this optimism from because regardless of who Kilkenny were missing it is one of the hardest places to go and win in world sport in my opinion. Even Tipp and Cork win very rarely in that black and amber bear-pit so what chances a Dublin team who no Kilkenny man would fear.

It was pretty predictable with Kilkenny down to 14 men for entire second half winning with plenty to spare in what looked like third gear.

A worrying performance picking up from last years hammer blow to Laois. Early days and that's the cats out of the way for another few months but plenty of food for thought going forward. Things seem all to stale and flat and Kenny needs to rectify that asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I see on RTE over half a million people tuned in to watch the greatest team of all time on saturday. And kerry.

And people say the game is dying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭thesultan

Any sign of archer?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,843 ✭✭✭billyhead

thesultan wrote: »
    Any sign of archer?

He's still with the under 20s. He's still a bit lightweight for senior level. Maybe next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

hots wrote: »
    Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, a few friendly folks around us to talk them through a few intricacies, and a tasty finish to the game too. Incredible day out when you consider it was only €15 too, I think they would have paid that just to see Croke Park anyway to be honest.

Always like hearing stories about visitors coming to see either football or hurling for the first time and having a great experience. Although novice viewers, try having a conversation with them now about how there are (mayo) people saying Dublin should be split in two and that the game is dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

blanch152 wrote: »
    The penalty was given for Rock's arm being pulled back but did anyone notice that Shane Ryan came out sliding legs first in an attempt to take Rock out. Not the first time either from him.

The late tackles were flying in from Kerry. John Small made a mark and was taken out after landing. Fenton was also late tackled when kicking points. None of it was picked up the officials which makes it no surprise that things turned nasty later on.

Kerry have been getting away with fouls and dirty play for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

thesultan wrote: »
    Any sign of archer?

Appeared to be a few in the stands taking aim at Geaney all game.

Kerry have been getting away with fouls and dirty play for years now.

As soon as it's brought up you get the "But the nordren teams"

---

Can someone get me some highlights from Clifford at the weekend? From what I read it was like I had my back turned to the Resurrection.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Squareball

I see Dessie now doing what JG did and flogging the Mun lads to death. 5 Mun men on the field on Saturday...…..For god sake, give James, Rocky and Smally a rest. They've been at it for years now and the club (heart and soul of the organization, they say) suffers again and again at the business end of the club championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Slattsy wrote: »
    I see on RTE over half a million people tuned in to watch the greatest team of all time on saturday. And kerry.

And people say the game is dying.
    Dublin are a very good team , honest hard working and skilful. Kerry arent too far behind as shown last year and on Saturday night. There's definitely a gap opening between those two and the next four

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭C__MC

I dont know. Kerry always seem to do well off Dublin because it is so open and traditional. Kerry are definitely on an upward curve but I still think Mayo Tyrone and donegal could sting them on any given day yet Dublin would probably beat those 3.

Dublin definitely need new blood though in defence and attack me thinks

Since 2013, Dublin have steamed Kerry in the last 10 minutes or so. Its mad. Mentally Kerry seem fragile or dublins fitness is relentless.

2013 semi
    2016 leagu final and ai semi
    2017 league game and final
    2019 league game with both ai finals
    2020 league game

C__MC wrote: »
    I dont know. Kerry always seem to do well off Dublin because it is so open and traditional. Kerry are definitely on an upward curve but I still think Mayo Tyrone and donegal could sting them on any given day yet Dublin would probably beat those 3.

Dublin definitely need new blood though in defence and attack me thinks

Since 2013, Dublin have steamed Kerry in the last 10 minutes or so. Its mad. Mentally Kerry seem fragile or dublins fitness is relentless.

2013 semi
    2016 leagu final and ai semi
    2017 league game and final
    2019 league game with both ai finals
    2020 league game

Dublin dont do panic. 10 years ago if Dublin were behind with 10 minutes to go players would resort to individualism and make bad decisions, over play, foul, Holy Mary shots.
    Now they have the mental strenght and inner belief in each other to keep to a team effort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,390 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Edgware wrote: »
    Dublin dont do panic. 10 years ago if Dublin were behind with 10 minutes to go players would resort to individualism and make bad decisions, over play, foul, Holy Mary shots.
    Now they have the mental strenght and inner belief in each other to keep to a team effort

Totally,

Under Gavin there seemed to me anyway like more of a smartness as regards looking after the football, 2 points up with 5 to play ? The opposition can only hurt you if you give them the ball, Dublin seemed to focus on owning the football over prioritizing getting 3 points clear. Sure, go forward with momentum, and play the game in the opposition half, territory is vital too but keep the ball away from danger and if a chance presents it, nail it... but keeping the ball in your own hands, avoiding being pressured into a 50/50 long ball, keep the ball, own it, show for it, they can’t hurt you if you’ve got it... that’s just from the outside looking in..

Did there used to be a PDF option for getting tickets on tickets.ie.

I am only getting the option for delivery €1.95 charge when looking at the Dublin v Mayo tickets.
    I am nearly sure a few days ago when I checked it there was a PDF free option?
    Did anyone else get a PDF version of the tickets on tickets.ie?

I am only getting the option for delivery €1.95 charge when looking at the Dublin v Mayo tickets.
    There definitely used to be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I have my tickets since last week for the Mayo game. I had to pay the postage as their was no PDF available then. Coincidentally, I actually purchased them online outside of a SuperValu in Ballaghaderreen as there were none available in store although they were available on tickets. Is.

I was able to choose the PDF option for the Dub Kerry game.
    And on another note, I was unable to enter the barcodes on the grma site for same as it said 'not recognised'.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I have my tickets since last week for the Mayo game. I had to pay the postage as their was no PDF available then. Coincidentally, I actually purchased them online outside of a SuperValu in Ballaghaderreen as there were none available in store although they were available on tickets. Is.

I was able to choose the PDF option for the Dub Kerry game.
    And on another note, I was unable to enter the barcodes on the grma site for same as it said 'not recognised'.

Cheers for that. Always forget about GRMA.

Mine aren't recognised.

This is the answer I got from tickets.ie

"Unfortunately, not all stadiums are set up to be able to handle Scanning. McHale Park falls under this category. E-Tickets are usually only available for games in Croke Park and some other select stadiums."

This is the answer I got from tickets.ie

"Unfortunately, not all stadiums are set up to be able to handle Scanning. McHale Park falls under this category. E-Tickets are usually only available for games in Croke Park and some other select stadiums."

That's one for the ST thread. Mayo.Mick is the man to get that bit between his teeth.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Cheers for that. Always forget about GRMA.

Mine aren't recognised.

My ticket numbers for the last match did not work for GRMA either.
    They are normally good for answering after an email and require a photo of the tickets.

FOGRA.
    Patrons please move towards the bacon factory end and make room for those patrons arriving late.

Only in Ireland!

• Advertisement

That's one for the ST thread. Mayo.Mick is the man to get that bit between his teeth.

I annoyed the fella from tickets.ie with a second email 'are you sure there was no PDF available before?' type of thing. I was going to print it off the ticket etc.

This is the reply I got -

"If you purchase a ticket in-store, you receive a physical ticket, the same kind of ticket you would get if we posted one out to you. Tickets won't be scanned as there is no scanning in the stadium. No, there was no E-Tickets available at any point for this event."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement