Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I don't know lads, but I think Monaghan might just shade this....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

This is awful incredibly bad no pressure on Monaghan here. We might as well of played the u20s.

Very poor first game I've really noticed the change in management and bad decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭MFPM

Three points in 35 mins...says it all.

Young lads up front just got schooled bascially.

Bad timing to bring them in starting a game like this for many reasons.

Some the senior players haven't excatly helped them though.

That's worst I've seen a senior Dublin team play in long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Lads, it’s February

• Advertisement

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Lads, it’s February

Doesn't matter. You don't wanna be hammered by anyone any time the year at senior level. These young lads need to make an impression there the future.

If we don't have them coming threw it becomes a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Relax lads. Bad day at the office. Big deal. I'm surprised there's been so few of them over the years. We've been spoiled. And will continue to be spoiled. A bit of a 35 minute licking every few years is nothing to be worried about. The lads are human after all. Incredible the high level of consistency for so many years.

If we don't have them coming threw it becomes a problem.

Dublin have won 4 all Ireland’s at under 21 level in the last decade but worry away if thats what gets you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Hopefully this will frighten a few lads into the arms of the hurlers where they belong :D

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Dublin have won 4 all Ireland’s at under 21 level in the last decade but worry away if thats what gets you off.

Who said I was worried? It's just not a given they settle in and perform at senior level.

You just don't wanna see a new manager getting off to a ropey start and creating possible issues.

I wouldn't be thinking it as much if it was last season but new management team where yet to see fully if will be any changes to our style of play.

Ill be more concerned if this happening by end the league and start All Ireland.

• Advertisement

The intensity alone is better by Dublin in second half.

Ill be happy with an improvement in second half and closer score.

Kilkenny leading by example for the umpteenth time. One of our greatest ever players. Just cant keep him down.

Savage score. Dublin at their best. We can win this game.

A James McCarthy special. Outside of the right boot with a little bend what a fantastic score.

Monaghan certainly enjoy the task of playing against Dublin. Good, teek tough, hard working team. Maximise their pretty slim resources. You would have to respect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Some fierce soft frees going against us again today.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Shame we started so badly and gave up such a lead. Better in second half a lot more pressure on Monaghan when on ball and off ball but to little to late it seems.

Fair play to Monaghan though setup perfectly tonight took advantage when Dublin weren't on it.

Will be difficult to reach a league final now. Will probably have to beat Galway and the other teams to have a chance. No more slip ups allowed. But missing out on the final wouldn't be the worst thing.

Goalllllll!!!! Kev Mac gives the Hill something to cheer at last. Surely not another great escape?

Bugler has had a stormer. Going to be a big year for him i feel. Nothing like new blood to freshen up a team.

• Advertisement

6 minutes of injury time. First 5 wasted by the ref and Monaghan players lying on the ground :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭monty_python

Is it full time yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Ah here, some come back.

Panic averted

Another Great Escape by the men that refuse to bend the knee. Wow!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Jaysus. Have to admit, I'd already made my peace with losing that game.

**** me that is some come back I did not think it would happen.

Amazing come back totally different second half shame about first half but second alone we were brilliant.

All them missed scores by Monaghan though came back to haunt them.

Delighted with that second half though very much so ha.

50/50 on some the younger lads but they will have plenty of better days. Still think we started with very light forward line that gave up so much ball. It all changed so much in second half though.

Well, well, well, good second half. How we got the draw I'll never know but that was a much better performance in that half.

I don't know what was worse, the first half, the weather or having to listen to cousin Marty cream himself whenever someone scores against Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

Up the bleedin dubs. Stuck a little fiver on the draw at 16/1 just before the goal. Will pay for the trip to Omagh tomorrow. Gerrup

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

Jaysus, that team just doesn’t know how to lose.

Thought ref would blow up after Beggan’s 45 tbh, but Monaghan’s own fault, they wasted serious amounts of time, Beggan kicked away two balls late on too which gave us the platform. Knew ref would play one attack when the Monaghan forward dragged out of our lads shorts from the short kick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement