Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Stoner wrote: »
    It was a great game Imo

It was and Armagh played a style of football we'd all pay to watch. Their kick passing was tremendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Monaghan it is. Would have preferred too have avoided them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Not sure about that. Dublin will beat them, but Armagh have a better shot at beating Tyrone now than Monaghan would have. Their confidence is up and there is history there. That will be some game.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Glad its Monaghan.

For the same reasons as BD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Slattsy wrote: »
    Glad its Monaghan.

For the same reasons as BD

What time are the throw ins next Saturday,5 and 7?

• Advertisement

What time are the throw ins next Saturday,5 and 7?

I have a feeling we'll be the 7 game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Slattsy wrote: »
    I have a feeling we'll be the 7 game.

Think it was confirmed as 5,my brother sent me a tweet earlier

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Think it was confirmed as 5,my brother sent me a tweet earlier

Egg on my face!

6 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Has it been mentioned anywhere what channel the match be on next Saturday?

Might not be able to get to croke Park.

Has it been mentioned anywhere what channel the match be on next Saturday?

Might not be able to get to croke Park.

Think it's sky, actually almost like certain, they were bigging up the camogie on Rte

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Think it's sky, actually almost like certain, they were bigging up the camogie on Rte

****!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

It's on Sky. And has been pencilled in as Sky for the whole year.

I'm going to be on Cape Clear. I don't think Cotters will be showing the match. Or they're choosing to ignore my emails.

Sky. All Ireland champions in quarter final and Sky have exclusive TV rights. Brilliant marketing move by GAA....

Crap I haven't missed a Dublin All Ireland match in year's better sort something!

Crap I haven't missed a Dublin All Ireland match in year's better sort something!

You could go to Croker?

You could go to Croker?

Ya I normally do its just been a thing we have done for years now that always went with me da and sometimes one me brothers but don't think he be able to go. I'm still not even sure if Im off work although I should be!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭yobr

Will there be any tickets on general sale for the Dubs match through tickets.ie or the like? Doubt it given the four counties involved.

There will be some on general sale alright. Not many mind you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Any idea when they might go on general sale? Went down to the club to put an order in and told that orders had be in by last Thursday, bit disappointed.

You could go to Croker?

Not everyone can. My da is in his 80s and been following Dubs since the 50s. He's housebound basically and doesn't have Sky. Lots of other people even club members cannot get tickets, especially for a double header.

They are shooting themselves in the foot. At least there is legislation to ensure that Irish soccer and rugby internationals are on RTE. Unfortunately no-one thought to protect our big games in same way at the time.

This Sky thing is a Frankenstein that if not curbed will lead to all the big matches being theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I don't think Monaghan are as good as they were 3 or 4 yeas ago.
    On that basis I'm not very concerned, Armagh would have been more interesting and dangerous Imo.
    I don't think we'll learn much from it but Mayo are replaying the Connaught champions again and building up steam. They will be after us like men possessed again if we end up meeting. Hopefully they bring that form up earlier for a change , give us a look at them and take care of some other issues along the way.

If they get to play Kerry and Donaghy makes sh1t of that back line we looked at today then they can forget about an AI or at least management.

I was impressed that Galway had the balls to try something different on him at least they recognised the issue and knew a change was required, an untested introduction is better than a repeated mismatch

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Not everyone can. My da is in his 80s and been following Dubs since the 50s. He's housebound basically and doesn't have Sky. Lots of other people even club members cannot get tickets, especially for a double header.

They are shooting themselves in the foot. At least there is legislation to ensure that Irish soccer and rugby internationals are on RTE. Unfortunately no-one thought to protect our big games in same way at the time.

This Sky thing is a Frankenstein that if not curbed will lead to all the big matches being theirs.

Aye. But the I directed it at was a fellow that I would wager is a few years younger than your oul lad.

Sorry he can't make it these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

They did, All Ireland Finals are on the list. They should probably add semi-finals too though, doubt the GAA would object.
    Rugby games aren't on it by the way (well only Irelands ~5 games in the World Cup every 4 years). 6 Nations could go Sky/BT someday.

I had thought 6 Nations was one of designated competitions. Seems you are right. There was a review 2/3 years ago but not sure what the conclusion was.

I asked a DCB member who also represents Dublin at higher level about where Sky deal was likely to end. He assured me that it was ending this year. Seems that not only is that not the case, but that Sky's remit is expanding.

Dublin have a massive following, only a minority of whom go to matches or indeed can access tickets. Lots of people just like watching their team on the TV. That is now being denied to a substantial section of GAA supporters.

I just used my Da as extreme example, but I know other people who will not be able to get tickets and who do not have Sky so they cannot see the match on Saturday.

So are GAA saying to those people that they should go to the pub to see the game? And bring the kids?

Aye. But the I directed it at was a fellow that I would wager is a few years younger than your oul lad.

Sorry he can't make it these days.

Ya hes younger alright ha. By the looks of it tickets are not easy to come by anyway I had a look early this morning and straight away I was put in a very long queue. **** it so I'll have to figure something out !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

So are GAA saying to those people that they should go to the pub to see the game? And bring the kids?

Do GAA clubhouses tend to have Sky Sports (or someone with the skills streaming it onto a big screen). If so then going there could be an alternative.

Do GAA clubhouses tend to have Sky Sports (or someone with the skills streaming it onto a big screen). If so then going there could be an alternative.

Bigger clubs in Dublin and elsewhere would have Sky as they can afford to pay the mad fee from the bar takings, but overall I would imagine that it is a rarity.

Watched the Ireland/All Blacks game in Vinnies after the county final, and think that was on Sky.

• Advertisement

They did, All Ireland Finals are on the list. They should probably add semi-finals too though, doubt the GAA would object.
    Rugby games aren't on it by the way (well only Irelands ~5 games in the World Cup every 4 years). 6 Nations could go Sky/BT someday.

The IRFU objected to the 6N going on the list.

Other sports really need to see what has happened with cricket, golf and F1 to see where their sports might go if it goes behind a pay wall.

I still believe the Sky deal had merit when announced. and there's certainly a case for keeping them onboard going forward in some capacity but perhaps looking at some cost/benefit before jumping back into bed with them after the next round.
    I had thought 6 Nations was one of designated competitions. Seems you are right. There was a review 2/3 years ago but not sure what the conclusion was.

I asked a DCB member who also represents Dublin at higher level about where Sky deal was likely to end. He assured me that it was ending this year. Seems that not only is that not the case, but that Sky's remit is expanding.

I don't think it is expanding to as much an extent as you may think.

Ya hes younger alright ha. By the looks of it tickets are not easy to come by anyway I had a look early this morning and straight away I was put in a very long queue. **** it so I'll have to figure something out !

I actually went on there myself for the craic. Seems there's a fair few heads from Ros and Mayo about.

I'd head to a SV or Centra or even the GAA ticket office tbh.
    Bigger clubs in Dublin and elsewhere would have Sky as they can afford to pay the mad fee from the bar takings, but overall I would imagine that it is a rarity.

Watched the Ireland/All Blacks game in Vinnies after the county final, and think that was on Sky.

The Chicago game was on BT/Eir Sport. The other game was on RT

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement