Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Justin10

Do GAA clubhouses tend to have Sky Sports (or someone with the skills streaming it onto a big screen). If so then going there could be an alternative.

As far as I'm aware gaa clubs got a discount compared to a regular pub.. Would still assume it's very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Sky fee is way above what any club can afford unless bar is open 7 days a week and is busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

At work all weekend.

What did I miss?

Did Leeroy get another black card/score a pivotal goal....and is either one Dermo's fault?

Did Kieran Donaghy act the you know what and get away with it, coz he is Kieran Donaghy and did the Kerry panelists on TSG, completely ignore it, or dismiss it as nothing?

Did Dublin Joe get the blame for some heinous act of favourtism?

On a scale of 1-10, how much sucking up to Colm Cooper, did Brolly do?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Sky fee is way above what any club can afford unless bar is open 7 days a week and is busy.

The Sky fee is based on turnover.

EDIT:
    It's based on licence value.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Are GAA clubs registered as charities or businesses?

Always had the idea they were registered as charities or am I wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I'm down the west til Thursday, thought it would be a simple trip to SV here for tickets on Saturday turns out the machines have gone AWOL. Anyone know when the ticket office in Dorset closes Thurs or Fri?

DoctaDee wrote: »
    I'm down the west til Thursday, thought it would be a simple trip to SV here for tickets on Saturday turns out the machines have gone AWOL. Anyone know when the ticket office in Dorset closes Thurs or Fri?

Dorset St ticket office opens:

Tue 10-7
    Wed 10-5
    Thur 10-5
    Fri 10-5
    Sat & Sun: closed for PP holders.

Got that from my official DCB letter that came with my PP renewal in May.

The office may be open as regular GAA ticket outlet, on match days, but there'll be no one from the DCB there at weekends for PP ticket collections.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Dorset St ticket office opens:

Tue 10-7
    Wed 10-5
    Thur 10-5
    Fri 10-5
    Sat & Sun: closed for PP holders.

Got that from my official DCB letter that came with my PP renewal in May.

The office may be open as regular GAA ticket outlet, on match days, but there'll be no one from the DCB there at weekends for PP ticket collections.

Ah grand PD thanks a million, I thought with the game being Saturday they might have closed off the PP tickets on the Thurs. Ta

Nae problem boss. Did ya have the whole place to yerself yesterday?

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Nae problem boss. Did ya have the whole place to yerself yesterday?

Yeah crazy quiet driving all through Ros and Mayo - was interested to see houses displaying both Ros & Mayo flags contrary to debate elsewhere here. Listened to KOTF on the radio on the way down, didn't seem like much of a game with Galway getting stuck in the headlights.

• Advertisement

Yeah crazy quiet driving all through Ros and Mayo - was interested to see houses displaying both Ros & Mayo flags contrary to debate elsewhere here. Listened to KOTF on the radio on the way down, didn't seem like much of a game with Galway getting stuck in the headlights.

Yeah, I was at a wedding in Roscommon when the Kerry/Mayo replay was on in Limerick in 2014. One half of the wedding party was from Cork/Kerry and the other half were Mayo/Roscommon. Some craic I tells ya !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Jsmac67

Hi lads,

If anyone has a spare ticket for the QF can you give me a shout? Managed to get mine with the PP but my dad wasn't so lucky, appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Jsmac67 wrote: »
    Hi lads,

If anyone has a spare ticket for the QF can you give me a shout? Managed to get mine with the PP but my dad wasn't so lucky, appreciate it!

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2017/0801/894519-croke-park-sell-out/

.....more tickets to go for general sale. Keep an eye on ticketmaster tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Jsmac67 wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Tickets on sale now on tickets.ie

Live from Tickets.ie:
    tickets.ie wrote:
    Your queue number: 29108
    Number of users in queue ahead of you: 1699
    Expected arrival time on the website: 11:30
    Your estimated wait time is: 23 minutes

---

In other news, my tickets are in 306R for Saturday. Under the roof-ish.

T seems to be the roof... so we'll get the drips. Glorious. [Well I'll be in Cork, but my oul lad and bro will!]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

In other news, my tickets are in 306R for Saturday. Under the roof-ish.

306 R is lower tier and not under any roof.

Do you mean 706 or do you have tickets in 306 row RR?

DDC1990 wrote: »
    306 R is lower tier and not under any roof.

Do you mean 706 or do you have tickets in 306 row RR?

Lower tier. 306.

Roof starts around Row T. Ish. Mine are on the cusp and therefore subject to drips. That's what I was really getting at or perhaps some potential safety from a prevailing south-easterly. I've been all over the Cusack and unless I get double-letters I'm always gonna be p!ssed off!

Lower tier. 306.

Roof starts around Row T. Ish. Mine are on the cusp and therefore subject to drips. That's what I was really getting at or perhaps some potential safety from a prevailing south-easterly. I've been all over the Cusack and unless I get double-letters I'm always gonna be p!ssed off!

Yer biggest enemy is the breeze, I've seen the whole lower deck scatter for cover on the worst of days .. yer right on the rule of thumb on the drip zone tho

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Some bad news. People as far back as HH get wet in the lower tier.

I was in 306 AA on Sunday and we were drowned.

R is extremely exposed to the elements.
    Nice spot to watch the match though, especially in section 306.

Edit: And that was with the wind blowing towards the Hogan. Still bring an auld poncho and a black sack with you and you'll be grand.

Yer biggest enemy is the breeze, I've seen the whole lower deck scatter for cover on the worst of days .. yer right on the rule of thumb on the drip zone tho

Oh I know. I'm just appreciative really that the tix aren't down in Row B as they have been for every sold out game the last few years. 2015 AISF one and two were a disaster.

It's not bad news. I know well where I'll be. In an ideal world I'd always be in MM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Horsebox4

Edit: And that was with the wind blowing towards the Hogan. Still bring an auld poncho and a black sack with you and you'll be grand.
    The roof in the Hogan must extend out further so as I was in 332 Row W and it was perfect last Sunday, even a good few rows in-front of us were staying dry.

Horsebox4 wrote: »
    The roof in the Hogan must extend out further so as I was in 332 Row W and it was perfect last Sunday, even a good few rows in-front of us were staying dry.

It does.

The Hogan was changed to incorporate a longer roof and glazing to help sunshine hit the grass.

It's criminal that the Cusack roof was ever allowed to be that short. But then again in 1992 I'm sure they were just delighted to get it built.

Got tickets in SV today saving me the mad dash to Dorset Street on friday, I'll be in section b3 hill 16 uncovered, no drip zone, no flag no umbrella and barely a bottle to piss in .. love it :D

Got tickets in SV today saving me the mad dash to Dorset Street on friday, I'll be in section b3 hill 16 uncovered, no drip zone, no flag no umbrella and barely a bottle to piss in .. love it :D

The lads can chuck down on ya from the comfort of the 4 and 500s. Ya peasant.

The lads can chuck down on ya from the comfort of the 4 and 500s. Ya peasant.

Ah yeah Bonnie it's the law of the jungle wouldn't have it any other way!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Monaghan will be Dublins toughest test in a long time on Saturday.  Perhaps their defence is not as solid as it used to be but their forwards can cause alot of damage.  McManus and McCarron

• Registered Users Posts: 18,552 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Horsebox4 wrote: »

It is as much to do with the alignment of the stadium as anything else.The Hogan is on the west side facingt virtually east while the Cussack is facing in the opposite direction. Rain and wind in this county comes from the west or south west 99% of the time, The natural action of the wind will dive the rain into the CusacK stand and over the Hogan away from where patrons are sitting. What thsi means that while the roofs could be virtually similar while only a few row of the Hogan will be effected by rain half the saets in the Cussack will get driving rain into patrons face and onto there chest and legs. Any Hogan patrons effected will be protected by there seats and only there head and upper body will be hit by rain

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

There was a few forlorn souls standing in the rain on Dorset street this morning waiting for Aladins cave to open

Bambi wrote: »
    There was a few forlorn souls standing in the rain on Dorset street this morning waiting for Aladins cave to open

That's wet weather training for Saturday!

• Advertisement

Oh just had my car keyed in a public car park here - flying the Dublin flag maybe just a coincidence...

Anyways the security people have footage but I have to go to the local gendarmerie to formalise the whole thing .. it'll be nice to make this ****ers acquaintance..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement