Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Oh just had my car keyed in a public car park here - flying the Dublin flag maybe just a coincidence...

Anyways the security people have footage but I have to go to the local gendarmerie to formalise the whole thing .. it'll be nice to make this ****ers acquaintance..

Where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Somewhere in the Wild Wesht.

God help him. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

It's not bad news. I know well where I'll be. In an ideal world I'd always be in MM.

I'm living in an ideal world for the rest of this month so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Bambi wrote: »
    I'm living in an ideal world for the rest of this month so :D

This weekend I'll be in CC...

http://www.capeclearisland.ie/club

Well la di bleedin' da.

Are yiz tryin' to out 'True Gael' each other?

Is a fortnight in a caravan in Portrane not good enough for yiz? :mad:

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Well la di bleedin' da.

Listen, every so often some of us have to brave the nosebleeds that come with leaving the Pale. It just so happens that myself and Doc are on duty this week.

And screw Portrane, I was always a Rush man.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Well la di bleedin' da.

Prefer a long weekend on the Aran Islands with all the True Gaels.

Lotta Jackeens visiting there now though :mad:

Listen, every so often some of us have to brave the nosebleeds that come with leaving the Pale. It just so happens that myself and Doc are on duty this week.

And screw Portrane, I was always a Rush man.

Dunno what made me say Portrane. It's one of our duller beaches imo. Portrane just seems to pop into my head, whenever Mayo's supporters being upset about something is in the news. ;)

Dunno what made me say Portrane. It's one of our duller beaches imo. Portrane just seems to pop into my head, whenever Mayo's supporters being upset about something is in the news. ;)

They need to start praying to St Ita!

No mate, it's St Jude you are thinking of. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

A certain north county club, which shall remain nameless, was not unknown to have fielded residents of the psychiatric institution in Portrane.

How anyone told the difference is a mystery :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Bonniedog wrote:
    A certain north county club, which shall remain nameless, was not unknown to have fielded residents of the psychiatric institution in Portrane.

Which one? Pat's. I've a brother, nieces and nephews there now, that would be an interesting story.

This crowd?

8d2b19b178006cf6010017d5eaf01e60.jpg

Mighta' known !

It's explains a lot in fairness.

You can't be right in the head, appearing in public like that.....

Stoner wrote: »
    Which one? Pat's. I've a brother, nieces and nephews there now, that would be an interesting story.

There might be a P in their name!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Bonniedog wrote:
    There might be a P in their name!

If there was it would be interesting all right. Since his first club had lads from Grangegorman in it!

Off the Ball had a great interview with Weeshie Fogarty a while back, where he was talking about the history of Fitzgerald Stadium. It was built by residents of the mental asylum - as they were called then - next door to the stadium. Turns out, some innovative young psychiatrist back in the 1930's, thought that lots of fresh air and exercise, was just as important for the hospitals inmates as electric shock treatments.

You'd wonder if that was true, or was it some cute Kerry hoor sourcing a cheap and easy supply of free labour. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Off the Ball had a great interview with Weeshie Fogarty a while back, where he was talking about the history of Fitzgerald Stadium. It was built by residents of the mental asylum - as they were called then - next door to the stadium. Turns out, some innovative young psychiatrist back in the 1930's, thought that getting lots of fresh air and exercise was just as important for the hospitals inmates as electric shock treatments. You'd wonder if that was true, or was it some cute Kerry hoor sourcing a cheap and easy supply of free labour.

Heale Ray??

Dr Healy Rae?

Yeah, I dunno....whenever I think of the Healy Rae's....someone getting 9 A1's in the Leaving Cert...and studying medicine for 7 years in Trinners or UCD, doesn't exactly pop into my head automatically.

Given Danny's opinions on Global Warming and Drink Driving, I'm not expecting to be struck by a "By Jimminy, Donal55 may be onto something there" mental thunderbolt any time soon. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Dr Healy Rae?

Yeah, I dunno....whenever I think of the Healy Rae's....someone getting 9 A1's in the Leaving Cert...and studying medicine for 7 years in Trinners or UCD, doesn't exactly pop into my head automatically.

Dont forget his thesis on 'Drink-And its non effect on driving in rural constituencies'.

A worlds first I believe.

This crowd?

8d2b19b178006cf6010017d5eaf01e60.jpg

Mighta' known !

It's explains a lot in fairness.

You can't be right in the head, appearing in public like that.....

Why?

Why?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement

Google Man O'War album covers....go on, I dare ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Bonniedog wrote: »
    This Sky thing is a Frankenstein that if not curbed will lead to all the big matches being theirs.

Sorry I don't buy 'that Michael Duignan line' at all.
    Sky have been showing more games that would otherwise have not been shown in previous years.
    This is Sky's payback contractually for showing those games so they can get the odd big one.
    They have been lucky with the hurling qualifiers which normally not much interest would be taken of.

There is also the likes of eir sport who are starting to show league games but not much noise is made about them because they are not Sky.

As for your auld fella being house-bound have you ever considered a wheelchair and wheelchair tickets?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial/status/893108296261013504

MDMA, Flynn and Cooper are match fit again. Nice boost heading into the business end of the championship now. I wonder though, will any of them be playing well enough to reclaim their starting place?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

CatInABox wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial/status/893108296261013504

MDMA, Flynn and Cooper are match fit again. Nice boost heading into the business end of the championship now. I wonder though, will any of them be playing well enough to reclaim their starting place?

It is all set up brilliantly now.
    Jim really knows how to manage the players keep them fresh and hungry.
    Competition for places etc etc.
    Monaghan should not be taken lightly I thought they were decent in league game.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Wonder if Berno will start on Saturday?

Part of me wants him to ride off into the sunset, kicking the winning pt in the AI final, having regained the starting jersey in the preceding games. He deserves such a send off. He has played such a massive role in our resurgence, it's only right and fitting that he gets to end things on his own terms. But there is no room for sentimentality in Jim Gavin's world. If a role off the bench is where Our Fearless Leader thinks BB can contribute the most, so be it. Berno may have been in sparkling form against the Lilyshytes, but there ain't a hope in hell he'll get as much room to manouver in future games, so in Jim We Trust !

Wonder if Berno will start on Saturday?

Part of me wants him to ride off into the sunset, kicking the winning pt in the AI final, having regained the starting jersey in the preceding games. He deserves such a send off. He has played such a massive role in our resurgence, it's only right and fitting that he gets to end things on his own terms. But there is no room for sentimentality in Jim Gavin's world. If a role off the bench is where Our Fearless Leader thinks BB can contribute the most, so be it. Berno may have been in sparkling form against the Lilyshytes, but there ain't a hope in hell he'll get as much room to manouver in future games, so in Jim We Trust !

That would be the dogs if it came to pass.

First things first. Kerry need to get knocked out and then I can enjoy my summer.

There are Hill tickets still on sale on tickets.ie if any of ye are still not sorted for the morrow.

Who is the ref tomorrow? Can't seem to find that info anywhere.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Who is the ref tomorrow? Can't seem to find that info anywhere.

Conor Lane

Gough takes the first game.

• Advertisement

Can't recall much history with Lane. He reffed the drawn final last year decently enough, other than possibly not black carding COC in dying stages.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement