Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Conor Lane

Gough takes the first game.

for f**ks sake

Does the fact that these two clowns are reffing quarter finals not tell the GAA that officiating is in a bad way?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Bambi wrote: »
    for f**ks sake

Does the fact that these two clowns are reffing quarter finals not tell the GAA that officiating is in a bad way?

Gough hasn't been let near Dublin or Kerry game since last years SF .. personally I think he's a decent ref

Hurson, Neilan & Brannagan are the bottom feeders

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Can't recall much history with Lane. He reffed the drawn final last year decently enough, other than possibly not black carding COC in dying stages.

Panicking at the start and handing kevin mc a yellow for one

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Gough hasn't been let near Dublin or Kerry game since last years SF .. personally I think he's a decent ref

On Gough, I have a theory if the ref looks like he spends too much time in the barbers and looking in mirrors then he's a narcissist and should be ditched.

That personality if fine for donegal managers, not refs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Brannigan is terrible, but I have an awful feeling he will end up getting the Dublin/Tyrone semi. Assuming that it how it pans out of course! Seems to get a lot of gigs these days for some reason. No wonder DC lost the head in Portlaosie when he spotted your man :)

• Advertisement

On Gough, I have a theory if the ref looks like he spends too much time in the barbers and looking in mirrors then he's a narcissist and should be ditched.

That personality if fine for donegal managers, not refs

No room here for your homophobia :)

Brannigan is terrible, but I have an awful feeling he will end up getting the Dublin/Tyrone semi. Assuming that it how it pans out of course! Seems to get a lot of gigs these days for some reason. No wonder DC lost the head in Portlaosie when he spotted your man :)

Brannigans another over manicured muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Panicking at the start and handing kevin mc a yellow for one

And missing a clean pick off the ground 25 yards out after Mayo had equalised at the end and Cluxton took a quick kickout.

Lane is a sh1te ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Can't recall much history with Lane. He reffed the drawn final last year decently enough, other than possibly not black carding COC in dying stages.

Ah, we probably do have history with him, if we look hard enough for it. We're just not in the habit of whinging about refs and how they done us wrong...ad nauseum...blah blah blah...for months, nay years, after the shaggin' games are over. We just take our beatings & get on with it. Can anyone remember the ref from the 2012 or 2014 semi final defeats? Yeah, me neither !

That is certainly NOT the case for a certain two counties, west of the Shannon (here's a hint, one of them is south of Clare) over the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Ah, we probably do have history with him, if we look hard enough for it. We're just not in the habit of whinging about refs and how they done us wrong...ad nauseum...blah blah blah...for months, nay years after the shaggin' games are over. We just take our beatings & get on with it. Can anyone remember the ref from the 2012 or 2014 semi final defeats? Yeah, me neither !

I hope it was Joe...

EDIT: Dublin Joe for both incidentally! GAS!

• Advertisement

Ah, we probably do have history with him, if we look hard enough for it. We're just not in the habit of whinging about refs and how they done us wrong...ad nauseum...blah blah blah...for months, nay years after the shaggin' games are over. We just take our beatings & get on with it. Can anyone remember the ref from the 2012 or 2014 semi final defeats? Yeah, me neither !

Would you believe "Dublin Joe" on both occasions ? :rolleyes:

You're kidding !

Was it really?

Pissing myself laughing in the Starbucks queue here....getting funny looks....

You're kidding !

Was it really?

Pissing myself laughing in the Starbucks queue here....getting funny looks....

Yup. The definition of GAS!

Also get out of Starbucks and into a proper cafe you heathen.

Which Starbucks?

The one my nephew dragged me into. The local independent cafe is (according to the little hipster fecker) strictly for aul wans, who love to argue over whose turn it is to pay for the fruit scones & which one of them is having a worse time of it with "the change."

Terrible things happen to people when they move to Stoneybatter. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

'Culchie Joe'.:D

Ah, we probably do have history with him, if we look hard enough for it. We're just not in the habit of whinging about refs and how they done us wrong...ad nauseum...blah blah blah...for months, nay years, after the shaggin' games are over. We just take our beatings & get on with it. Can anyone remember the ref from the 2012 or 2014 semi final defeats? Yeah, me neither !

That is certainly NOT the case for a certain two counties, west of the Shannon (here's a hint, one of them is south of Clare) over the past few years.

Horan completely psyched out McQuillan in 2012 with his claim of him reffing Dublin training matches. Paid off in last 15 minutes which they turned into 5 with all sorts of bollix which he let go. Mind you he might have made some decisions in 2011 that would have lost Dublin the game. Swings and roundabouts!

The one my nephew dragged me into. The local independent cafe is (according to the little hipster fecker) strictly for aul wans, who love to argue over whose turn it is to pay for the fruit scones & which one of them is having a worse time of it with "the change."

Isn't Stoner from Stoneybatter ?.. I'm guessing that was long before hipster chique came to town tho ...

Last place I can remember getting a decent takeaway coffee was in Connolly station beside the ticket barriers .. became good friends with the woman there .. She knew how to grind .. :rolleyes:

Phoneybatter

Phoneybatter

Next thing ya know they'll be another annexe of Glasnevin !

Unacceptable. I remember when I lived in Stoneybatter and it was far from cool. I'm always into places before the crowd. Happened with Harold's Cross and Drumcondra before it.

• Advertisement

Isn't Stoner from Stoneybatter ?.. I'm guessing that was long before hipster chique came to town tho ...

Last place I can remember getting a decent takeaway coffee was in Connolly station beside the ticket barriers .. became good friends with the woman there .. She knew how to grind .. :rolleyes:

The AMT? Rotten! My mate used to work there though? Hmmmmmmmm....

Mish Mash top of Capel St is a gem.

There's a few daycent spots about the place. No excuse to ever go to a Starbucks or a Costa etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Next thing ya know they'll be another annexe of Glasnevin !

Like Ballymun, Wadelai, Ballygall, a chunk of Finglas, and two roads in Drumcondra.

Unacceptable. I remember when I lived in Stoneybatter and it was far from cool. I'm always into places before the crowd. Happened with Harold's Cross and Drumcondra before it.

Are they considered cool now ? .. the land of bedsits

So there's no Sky Sports on Cape Clear. Duignan was right!!!

And the ferry timetables don't help me.

The AMT? Rotten! My mate used to work there though? Hmmmmmmmm....

Was AMT the kiosk ? .. Bean & Gone was the shop IIRC

Jaden wrote: »
    Like Ballymun, Wadelai, Ballygall, a chunk of Finglas, and two roads in Drumcondra.

Jaysis what would Bono make of it all ..

Was AMT the kiosk ? .. Bean & Gone was the shop IIRC

It is the kiosk. B&G is right.

I used to go to that place down in the basement. Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,877 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

And the ferry timetables don't help me.

Does it not count as abroad?

You could get it on GAAgo........

blanch152 wrote: »
    Does it not count as abroad?

You could get it on GAAgo........

:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

If there is internet out there you could use Now Tv. €10 for the day or €15 for the week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement