Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

DoctaDee wrote: »
    2 of the most dominant displays in defending that I've witnessed in a very long time. The tenacity of the tackling and physicality of the hits was a joy to watch. Both Tyrone and Dublin completely bullied their opposition.

For all the football that's played in the first 6 months of the year, the discussion and debate around dark horses and great players from the lesser teams, yesterday and to a certain extent Kerry last weekend was a stark reminder that latter end championship football at the highest level is a completely different animal. It's played at a standard that very few teams can attain.

It's too soon for me to contemplate how the 27th will pan out. But I've a feeling Dublin will ate Tyrone (just in case Jayop drops in :D) ..

Don't worry about Jayop. He's far too busy drinking from the Mayo Kool Aid & getting the excuses in early about the refs, to pick you up on that just yet. You wudda thunk a Throne man would be above that sort of carry on, but anyhoo....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

munster87 wrote: »
    Second yellow, got the first about two minutes beforehand I think

Thats right yeah thanks, knew he picked up a yellow earlier just wasn't sure whether the elbow(?) was a straight red or 2nd yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

DoctaDee wrote:
    For all the football that's played in the first 6 months of the year, the discussion and debate around dark horses and great players from the lesser teams, yesterday and to a certain extent Kerry last weekend was a stark reminder that latter end championship football at the highest level is a completely different animal. It's played at a standard that very few teams can attain.

Great point. Armagh were pushed aside, I thought lads like McCarron handled Clarke very well. Similarly McManus was subdued.

In both cases I thought it was pretty close to man on man defending with good defenders doing their job. Going down the middle resulted in hitting a wall of players alright but overall systems aside both Dublin and Tyrone players appeared to be better than their men yesterday.

DoctaDee wrote:
    Thats right yeah thanks, knew he picked up a yellow earlier just wasn't sure whether the elbow(?) was a straight red or 2nd yellow

Just checked Munster is correct , two yellows in two minutes. I don't remember the obvious yellow held up then red though . It looked like it was s straight red.

Sludden will take some watching too. He made bits of Armagh yesterday

• Advertisement

Stoner wrote: »
    Just checked Munster is correct , two yellows in two minutes. I don't remember the obvious yellow held up then red though . It looked like it was s straight red.

Yeah that's all I saw too was the red on the big screen

Sludden will take some watching too. He made bits of Armagh yesterday

Yeah thought Bradley was very good too, had this habit of dummying nearly everytime before he shoots tho - which a clue in defender will pick up on

. Going down the middle resulted in hitting a wall of players alright but overall systems aside both Dublin and Tyrone players appeared to be better than their men yesterday.

Yeah absolutely .. Thought it strange alright that Armagh had Campbell & Clarke in front of one another down the centre of the pitch, which really should have opened up width down the lines, yet instead they persisted with trying to burrow holes in the middle without ever forcing Tyrone defenders to adjust their positions.. in fairness to Armagh they haven't encountered a team operating at anything near that level all year, but it doesn't excuse their naieveity

Oh while being an avid admirer of anything in a short skirt, the ladies victory down in Thurles in the camogie completely escaped me. 1st semi in 27 years by all accounts overseen by David Herrity, now if only Brian Cody would see the light and do the same with the men! Congrats to all involved

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I just left the worm dangling, Jayop doesn't strike me as a trout that you can tickle out of the water :D

I was hugely impressed with Tyrone against a very limited team, their speed of transition was fantastic - did McCarron get a straight red? I was having a yak with the lad beside me and missed the incident, he'll be a big loss

Second yellow I thought

• Advertisement

Bambi wrote: »
    Second yellow I thought

Yeah brother had that clarified above - I think he's the stick that pokes the bear, important fella for Tyrone

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Oh while being an avid admirer of anything in a short skirt, the ladies victory down in Thurles in the camogie completely escaped me. 1st semi in 27 years by all accounts overseen by David Herrity, now if only Brian Cody would see the light and do the same with the men! Congrats to all involved

Hopefully, the camogie ladies will go on and do what the football ladies did back in 2010, and show the guys how to win All-Ireland trophies.

On the current football championship, it's pretty clear that the season only starts for Dublin and Kerry now. Does anyone see an all Ireland final in the next 5 years that doesn't have one of Dublin or Kerry involved? I don't.

It's looking highly unlikely that we'll see any other AI final permutation outside of Dublin Kerry and Tyrone tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Completely dominant display yesterday. Monaghan offered very little. They were clueless going forward and a lot of their backs were run off their feet by the end of the game. We could have scored a couple more goals towards the end as well.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

2 of the most dominant displays in defending that I've witnessed in a very long time. The tenacity of the tackling and physicality of the hits was a joy to watch. Both Tyrone and Dublin completely bullied their opposition.

It's too soon for me to contemplate how the 27th will pan out. But I've a feeling Dublin will ate Tyrone (just in case Jayop drops in :D) ..

Neither team was physically able to compete. Armagh had trouble with the upper body strength of the Tyrone players and Monaghan couldn't cope with the speed and athleticism of Dublin.

I think we'll win but it won't be easy. No team in the land is going to find scores easy to come by against Tyrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Slattsy wrote: »
    My favourite pub in the whole wide Dublin is in Stoneybatter!

If it's not O'Gara's then you're wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

It's not. And I'm not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Walsh's is the best pint of porter in the 'Batter. Tommy's isn't bad though. Good spot to watch sports too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Walsh's is the best pint of porter in the 'Batter. Tommy's isn't bad though. Good spot to watch sports too.

Spot on.

BonnieSituation knows nothing! Nathin.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,188 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Great pub to sit back and fall into a few pints. Walsh's is grand if it isn't overloaded with krustys or hipsters.

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Peoples Republic of....

Ruled over by a ruthless dictator since de Valera's time.

Dodgy local cuisine. (I mean tripe and drisheen..WTF ! :confused: )

Impenetrable accent...

Touchy locals...

Next door to a Kingdom of Ancient Lore and Legend

Full of superposh, ex Pat Brits.

It pretty much ticks all the boxes, doesn't it?

I have to say the Anti-Kerry, Pro-Dublin attitude of the locals in Baltimore was refreshing.

Whoop!

corny wrote: »

I think we'll win but it won't be easy. No team in the land is going to find scores easy to come by against Tyrone.

I've a feeling this'll be one of the great games in recent years ... I'd be optimistic rather than outright confident we'll win

Not at all. Porter is bitter in he there. Rotten.

O'Gara's and Kavanagh's are all I darken up that way. Or I did when I lived there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Not at all. Porter is bitter in he there. Rotten.

O'Gara's and Kavanagh's are all I darken up that way. Or I did when I lived there.

You must have accidentally ordered a pint of that Beamish stuff those drisheen diddlers export.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

So Connolly or any of the other returning established lads to start against Tyrone?

I know its always tough for Gavin to pick a team but this one will be particularly brutal.

You must have accidentally ordered a pint of that Beamish stuff those drisheen diddlers export.

Not at all. Wouldn't touch the stuff.

Sampled that local brau, Murphy's, down here all weekend. Then moved into Arthur's last night.

The quality of it was out of this world. Surprising. Will drink again.

Well lads, that's it settled. We can just hand the trophy over to Mayo now after today's game. Listening to RTE is hard to see anyone beating this Mayo outfit for at least the next decade, possibly longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

The Mayo hype machine will roll into full swing now, mayo4sam................

kilns wrote: »
    The Mayo hype machine will roll into full swing now, mayo4sam................

Careful now, I hear if you say his name 3 times in a row while standing in front of a mirror he will appear behind you and regal you with "facts" about Dublin Gaa

• Advertisement

Get a grip lads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement