Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Stoner wrote: »
    Very quiet for Sunday.

The Nordies are up to something. It's a pity they only have 1.5 supporters on Boards.

Yeah...it would be 5 if we included the Donegal crowd, but you really can't, as they are only Nordie Lite. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Very quiet for Sunday.

The Nordies are up to something. It's a pity they only have 1.5 supporters on Boards.

Who's the .5?Or is Jayop the 1.5?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,189 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Jayop wrote: »
    My 546 posts in the AI thread surely counts for about 20 of ye lily livered dubs.

Slightly tarnished by the fact that 446 of them were after Morgan's sweet nothings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Friend from Gortin offered me 1/2 on dubs.

No sleep for me for next six nights ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

PARlance wrote: »
    Slightly tarnished by the fact that 446 of them were after Morgan's sweet nothings.

Meh. I made a few posts, was still absolutely right about what I said so I don't really care.

• Advertisement

Meh. I made a few posts, was still absolutely right about what I said so I don't really care.

Only winding you up. Come Sunday afternoon, we'll have your back against this crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

seligehgit wrote:
    Who's the .5?Or is Jayop the 1.5?

BonnieSituation is the .5
    Jayop is the 1

• Registered Users Posts: 20,996 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

DoctaDee wrote: »
    I was at Croker for both the Ulster final and Replay in 2005, it was scandalous the ticketing of cars, twas like mushrooms in a field - hasn't put the feckers off coming down unfortunately ;)

@selige .. What time's throw in next Saturday?... I'd feed the meter to take it upto 7 o'clock. If you're parking the fairview side you could consider Clontarf Rd dart station car park. Again feed the meter but less likely to have hassle from a jobsworth

You don't have to feed the meters in Dart stations. There is a flat fee for 24 hours, obviously to facilitate workers.

As I posted in another thread it is possible to avoid traffic and parking problems in Dublin by using the Dart, but probably not for Mayo or Kerry traffic. Coming from Dundalk I use Malahide or Portmarnock into Connolly.

Would any of the Luas Park & Ride locations suit Mayo/Kerry traffic?

https://www.luas.ie/park-and-ride/

PARlance wrote:
    Only winding you up. Come Sunday afternoon, we'll have your back against this crowd.

I really hope Mayo hammer Kerry, so we can beat you by a point again.

Two for one there.

Anyone else slightly creeped out by the complete lack of controversy after yesterdays game? Other than the weekly episode of Where To Play Aido, it may as well have been a rerun of Glenroe. No is fighting with anyone. No one is (all that) pissed off. No one is (all that) pissed off at the ref. No one has said or done anything controversial, that pissed off a lot of people. Bizarre !

#WellHolyGod :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

BonnieSituation is the .5
    Jayop is the 1

Ah brilliant! Totally forgot about Bonnie the closet Red Hand supporter!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Anyone else slightly creeped out by the complete lack of controversy after yesterdays game? Other than the weekly episode of Where To Play Aido, it may as well have been a rerun of Glenroe. No is fighting with anyone. No one is (all that) pissed off. No one is (all that) pissed off at the ref. No one has said or done anything controversial, that pissed off a lot of people. Bizarre !

Saving it all for the replay and a rerun of Limerick 2014. I actually wish that someone in the GAA had tweeted that it would be held in the Gaelic Grounds for the lolz.

Since Diarmuid was banished into exile things have got very quiet.

I really hope Mayo hammer Kerry

You're a decent skin.

Saving it all for the replay and a rerun of Limerick 2014. I actually wish that someone in the GAA had tweeted that it would be held in the Gaelic Grounds for the lolz.

The GAA haven't had a noticable sense of humour since 1956. :rolleyes:

The GAA haven't had a noticable sense of humour since 1956. :rolleyes:

And the current time is ...... 2242.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

You don't have to feed the meters in Dart stations. There is a flat fee for 24 hours, obviously to facilitate workers.

As I posted in another thread it is possible to avoid traffic and parking problems in Dublin by using the Dart, but probably not for Mayo or Kerry traffic. Coming from Dundalk I use Malahide or Portmarnock into Connolly.

Would any of the Luas Park & Ride locations suit Mayo/Kerry traffic?

https://www.luas.ie/park-and-ride/

Yeah couldn't rightly think of the parking fee, have used Clontarf road a few times for Dublin trials next door. It's about a 20 minutes walk to Cusack from there, which is a grand stretch of the legs after a good drive

Edit : Parking fee is €4.50 for the day

It's all about rest and recovery.

We'll be having our 9th test before you start your Championship, everyone's trying to peak for Dermo's return.

Well I think it was a disgrace Vaughan didn't get a black card for the tackle on Sheehan - Maurice Deegan knew it would result in Vaughan picking up his 3rd of the year and an automatic ban so calved it .. Maurice Mayo Deegan .. I'm fuming :mad: .. how's that ?

Oh and Deegan was waving Sheehan back further as he approached the kick .. I've no doubt he wudda wiped out the score if Sheehan had slotted it ..

Oh and I seen a hape of supporters taking cover from the rain under a flag .. one rule for one .. apoplectic I am ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Gael85

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Well I think it was a disgrace Vaughan didn't get a black card for the tackle on Sheehan - Maurice Deegan knew it would result in Vaughan picking up his 3rd of the year and an automatic ban so calved it .. Maurice Mayo Deegan .. I'm fuming :mad: .. how's that ?

Oh and Deegan was waving Sheehan back further as he approached the kick .. I've no doubt he wudda wiped out the score if Sheehan had slotted it ..

Oh and I seen a hape of supporters taking cover from the rain under a flag .. one rule for one .. apoplectic I am ..

Deegan didn't give Keith Higgins a blatant black card in last minute of first Roscommon game either. It frustrating when referees don't apply the rules.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The dive from one of the O'Conners was comical as well, probably worthy of a yellow, certainly worthy of scorn....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

seligehgit wrote: »
    Ah brilliant! Totally forgot about Bonnie the closet Red Hand supporter!:)

Nothing closet about it.

...... anyways Mrs Doc in her wisdom thought it would be a great idea to arrange for me and the young lad to meet up with her Tyrone mate, her 2 sisters and their partners in The Big Tree on Sunday .. now she can be forgiven being from Mordor for her lack of understanding on the protocols for big match days - but honest to god I'm going to war Sunday !!! :D

DoctaDee wrote:
    ...... anyways Mrs Doc in her wisdom thought it would be a great idea to arrange for me and the young lad to meet up with her Tyrone mate, her 2 sisters and their partners in The Big Tree on Sunday .. now she can be forgiven being from Mordor for her lack of understanding on the protocols for big match days - but honest to god I'm going to war Sunday !!!

Get your house in order first !!!

Get your house in order first !!!

LMAO .. oh fuk me Stoner .. I honest to god burst me hole laughing there

Mrs Doc was carved from the same piece of granite as Liam Harnan and Colm Coyle ... I won't be doing no house keeping brother :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Lads, I had a long post about the game, formations, roles, tactics, players, the weather, but I deleted the ****ing browser :(

Long story short, sticking my arrogant Dublin neck on the line, Dublin by 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I got tickets!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Slattsy wrote: »
    I got tickets!! :)

Hup

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Slattsy wrote: »
    Lads, I had a long post about the game, formations, roles, tactics, players, the weather, but I deleted the ****ing browser :(

Long story short, sticking my arrogant Dublin neck on the line, Dublin by 6.

I am sure it would have been the best post on this thread...
    Hopefully none of the Dublin players go missing on Sunday like your browser.

I am worried about this game. Tyrone are set up to smoother/frustrate a team like Dublin.
    Not only that they have decent forwards and the whole team is cohesive and well drilled.

A point for Dublin would do fine for me!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

I am sure it would have been the best post on this thread...
    Hopefully none of the Dublin players go missing on Sunday like your browser.

I am worried about this game. Tyrone are set up to smoother/frustrate a team like Dublin.
    Not only that they have decent forwards and the whole team is cohesive and well drilled.

A point for Dublin would do fine for me!

I just see them as a better version of Carlow ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement