Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I think if we can negate Harte and Sluddens impact on the game Tyrone will struggle - easier said than done but those 2 make them tick.

Im not worried about Sean Kavanagh, i dont really remember him troubling Dublin very often - plus he eats with his mouth open, i was sat beside him in a restaurant once, it was awful.

Bradley can look good on his day, but im happy we have with the personnel to keep him qt.

Cant see DC starting.
    Who will partner Fenton in the middle?
    MccCarthy / O'Sullivan will be playing where?

Interesting to see what Gavin goes with, though i dont see too many changes from the Monaghan game, even though Flynn, DC, MDM all ready to roll.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Slattsy wrote: »
    Im not worried about Sean Kavanagh, i dont really remember him troubling Dublin very often - plus he eats with his mouth open, i was sat beside him in a restaurant once, it was awful.

As if I didn't have enough reasons to dislike the Tyrone team!! That's mank!!

I'd agree with the rest of your assessment, Tyrone overly rely on a few key players, and if those can be nullified, they'll struggle.

I also think that we won't see many changes from the last game either, DC will be on the bench, not even sure if he'll get a run out at all to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

We're the definition of not relying on a few key players this summer. Not having key players inside for example has been the number one criticism of us this year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Jayop wrote: »
    We're the definition of not relying on a few key players this summer. Not having key players inside for example has been the number one criticism of us this year.

I may be mistaken then, will admit to basing my opinion on my thoughts of last year/the league this year, as I saw Tyrone play more last year than this year.

Sean Kavanagh with a total of 14 points is your higher scorer so far. The points seem to be very well spread alright.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    I may be mistaken then, will admit to basing my opinion on my thoughts of last year/the league this year, as I saw Tyrone play more last year than this year.

The key player for us that's irreplaceable is Colm Cavanagh. Any of the others are interchangeable. Mattie Donnelly and Harte are probably the two who will see the most ball but despite Harte being the best player we have o don't think it's a case of stop him and you stop Tyrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The key player for us that's irreplaceable is Colm Cavanagh. Any of the others are interchangeable. Mattie Donnelly and Harte are probably the two who will see the most ball but despite Harte being the best player we have o don't think it's a case of stop him and you stop Tyrone.

This all day. Colm has been immense.

This all day. Colm has been immense.

Yeah. He's not been mentioned in the discussion about POTY in the other thread but if Tyrone were to get by Dublin then he's got to be in the shake up for it.

Yeah. He's not been mentioned in the discussion about POTY in the other thread but if Tyrone were to get by Dublin then he's got to be in the shake up for it.

He's not "fancy" though.

Him, AOS and Andy Moran have been my own persoinal POTY's. Outside of Dublin that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

He's not "fancy" though.

Him, AOS and Andy Moran have been my own persoinal POTY's. Outside of Dublin that is.

Who would you have as Dublin's leading contender?

• Advertisement

He's not "fancy" though.

Honestly don't think it matters. Defenders and even goalkeepers have won POTY recently.

Anyway I took the Cavanagh talk to the main thread.

For Dublin it's awful hard to pinpoint one player that's been above all else. This game and the final if they get there will be where a Dublin POTY is decided and all else is irrelevant.

danganabu wrote: »
    Who would you have as Dublin's leading contender?

Diarmuid Connolly of course.

Diarmuid Connolly of course.

Obviously that goes without saying, but on the field of play like?

Obviously that goes without saying, but on the field of play like?

HA!

Paul Mannion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I am worried about this game. Tyrone are set up to smoother/frustrate a team like Dublin.
    Not only that they have decent forwards and the whole team is cohesive and well drilled.

A point for Dublin would do fine for me!

Thats true but we showed signs in the Monaghan game that we're going to take this defending lark very seriously. If we match their level in defence i think we'll win.

Connolly will start. His ability to shoot from distance allied to his ability to waltz through tough tackling (his score against Donegal in 2014) make him a certainty imo. Hope Lowndes isn't the one to make way.

corny wrote: »
    Thats true but we showed signs in the Monaghan game that we're going to take this defending lark very seriously. If we match their level in defence i think we'll win.

Connolly will start. His ability to shoot from distance allied to his ability to waltz through tough tackling (his score against Donegal in 2014) make him a certainty imo. Hope Lowndes isn't the one to make way.

Do you really think so? An unnecessary risk imo, yes if the game is tight with 15 to go spring him but I don't see any benefit in him starting against Tyrone of all opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Looks like I am struggling to get a ticket.
    If anyone hears of any spare face value pm me.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,887 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Do you really think so? An unnecessary risk imo, yes if the game is tight with 15 to go spring him but I don't see any benefit in him starting against Tyrone of all opposition.

Sometimes Connolly is as much a distraction to the opposition as he is to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

corny wrote: »

Connolly will start. His ability to shoot from distance allied to his ability to Marino Waltz through tough tackling (his score against Donegal in 2014) make him a certainty imo. Hope Lowndes isn't the one to make way.

I hope DC starts because if he does not he might be too pumped up when he comes on and loose the head.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Sometimes Connolly is as much a distraction to the opposition as he is to Dublin.

Yes sometimes, but most players are a bigger distraction to the opposition all the time at least the effective ones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Why is it a risk? He never has his game face on until this time of the year anyway and the A V B games (don't believe he's not playing in them) are probably of a higher standard than any game Dublin have played in so far.

I think he'll be sharp and if he's sharp he's first name on the teamsheet in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

corny wrote:
    I think he'll be sharp and if he's sharp he's first name on the teamsheet in my book.

Certainly against Tyrone anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

If he's fit he should play. I just love the tension.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

It's a no brainier starting Dermo if he's fit. Not only does he bring something special in attack but his defensive work is often overlooked and he is another option on kickouts.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

After some hard ground work and a lot of phone calls with random people, I swapped the tickets I got yesterday for even better tickets, in unbelievable seats.

Real life Del Boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Slattsy wrote: »
    After some hard ground work and a lot of phone calls with random people, I swapped the tickets I got yesterday for even better tickets, in unbelievable seats.

Real life Del Boy.

Band wagoner. Dublin are team in blue ... :)

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Band wagoner. Dublin are team in blue ... :)

I prefer the term Fair Weatherer.

I hope to christ it buckets on ye so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

I hope to christ it buckets on ye so :)

Would ruin his prawn sandwiches and Chablis and whatever else people like this do in their lah - di - dah seats. Better seats even..... jaysus :(

• Advertisement

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Would ruin his prawn sandwiches and Chablis and whatever else people like this do in their lah - di - dah seats. Better seats even..... jaysus :(

I can't talk, I was in the ard chomhairle section last time out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement