Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Would ruin his prawn sandwiches and Chablis and whatever else people like this do in their lah - di - dah seats. Better seats even..... jaysus :(

I'm a Pinot Noir man.

Can I get avocado on my prawn sammich?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Gael85

kerrysoul wrote: »
    Can't wait to see what tactics Mickey Hart will use against Dublin. Will he employ a full press and put pressure on Cluxton's kick outs. Cluxton is fallible under pressure. This requires super fitness. On the other hand you can't sit back and invite Dublin to have a pop. How will he counter the Dublin substitutes in the second half? This is trully going to be an absorbing contest. Dublin have so many options but to beat them you must go at them for the 75 minutes especially the last 10 minutes. Lets hope the ref isn't intimidated by the crowd i.e. Mc Menenin chest shoulder on Peter Crowley in 2016 semi final or the neck pull on Donaghy in the dying minutes 2015 final each of which were ignored by the refs on the day not to mention the soft free awarded to Dublin at the end of the 2011 final that Clux took 2 minutes to convert fair play to him. Look at the replays if you need confirmation.

How long did Bryan Sheehan take on that free last sunday? Thought should have been a throw ball for time wasting? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Sheehan bottled it big time.

Seems to be the defining feature of Kerry in recent times. And such a proud history. Sad really ......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Bonniedog wrote:

I was about 80 percent that he'd get it.

Had he nailed it, it would have capped off a nice move by the line to put him on for the last few minutes in case such an opportunity arose.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,066 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Seems to be the defining feature of Kerry in recent times. And such a proud history. Sad really ......

Not sad at all. Until we look upon the KOTF like we look at Leitrim I will not be happy.
    Stoner wrote: »
    I was about 80 percent that he'd get it.

Had he nailed it, it would have capped off a nice move by the line to put him on for the last few minutes in case such an opportunity arose.

He was missing that all day.

You're giving too much credit to the line tbf.

• Advertisement

You're giving too much credit to the line tbf.

Not really, that's the only reason to bring him on these days, well in these games anyway.

He's lost a lot of zip imo and the things he has over the younger lads around him are experience, a cool head and his reputation as one of the top long distance free takers out there.

I couldn't see him scoring from play in that game anyway.

Stoner wrote: »
    Not really, that's the only reason to bring him on these days, well in these games anyway.

He's lost a lot of zip imo and the things he has over the younger lads around him are experience, a cool head and his reputation as one of the top long distance free takers out there.

I couldn't see him scoring from play in that game anyway.

I know where you were going with your "credit". But I mean the dogs in the street would have made that switch with Sheehan on the bench. Even if he's not up to much else. It was a shot to nothing and absolutely no loss.

That being said, didn't he miss something similar against us in the League 2016?

Perhaps a faster, more skillful player wouldn have been in a position to maneuver out of the challenge or would have been caught further up the pitch. It's all ifs and buts. But hardly a masterstroke.

Imagine if Rochford did it, he'd be hung seeing that it didn't work out.

Not sad at all. Until we look upon the KOTF like we look at Leitrim I will not be happy.

That brought a tear to my old eye. Such a beautiful sentiment. God bless you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I always thought it a bit peculiar, (2 Bonnies put yer rice Krispies down for a sec) .. That the Dublin players get on very well with the KOTF off field, but that Sheehan as one of those that's seen it done it etc isn't one of those that feels the warm glow of mutual respect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,189 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Imagine if Rochford did it, he'd be hung seeing that it didn't work out.

Robbie Hennelly to come on and kick a last minute 45 against Dublin to win Sam. You heard it here first :)

Joking aside, whether Rochford tells him or if he just takes it upon himself. Hennelly is often seen practicing imaginary kicks on the sideline of tight games. It could happen.

keane2097 wrote: »
    giphy.gif[IMG][/img]

Get back to the long grass you!

PARlance wrote: »
    Robbie Hennelly to come on and kick a last minute 45 against Dublin to win Sam. You heard it here first :)

Joking aside, whether Rochford tells him or if he just takes it upon himself. Hennelly is often seen practicing imaginary kicks on the sideline of tight games. It could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

kerrysoul wrote: »
    end of the 2011 final that Clux took 2 minutes to convert fair play to him. Look at the replays if you need confirmation.

While your looking at the replay you'll note Sheehan taking longer over a free that day when kerry were a few points up and he didn't have to jog up from the other end of the pitch.

PARlance wrote: »

He should get one of those nets that NFL field goal kickers use :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

While your looking at the replay you'll note Sheehan taking longer over a free that day when kerry were a few points up and he didn't have to jog up from the other end of the pitch.

Why bother? they dont care, bitterness doesnt want your reason it just wants to wallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

salmocab wrote: »
    Why bother? they dont care, bitterness doesnt want your reason it just wants to wallow.

Just seems to get overlooked, Its there in living colour for all to see.

A Kerry supporter spent the whole game cheering cluxtons wides from the upper cusack in the 2015 final, not the usual cheer/relief when a player misses a free - seemed to have left an impression on that particular young man.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

#triggered

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

DoctaDee wrote: »
    I always thought it a bit peculiar, (2 Bonnies put yer rice Krispies down for a sec) .. That the Dublin players get on very well with the KOTF off field, but that Sheehan as one of those that's seen it done it etc isn't one of those that feels the warm glow of mutual respect.

I take all those stories from the 70's with a grain of salt....Jimmy Keavney and Co heading down to Listowel for the races and being welcomed with open arms....blah blah blah. Aren't they wonderful hosts and all that. That may be all well and good, for that generation of Kerry players, as they came out on top for the most part. This generation of Kerry players haven't beaten Dublin in eight years and they are whistling a much different tune. The tone of a lot of their interviews (Sheehan, Donaghy, Tomas etc etc) is night and day from the 70's crowd. If winning/losing cuts them that deep, then fair play to them. Maybe that is the secret ingredient to all their success down through the years. But don't try to sell me on the warm and fuzzy angle of the relationship, when they are only interested in being warm and fuzzy, when they are on the right side of the results. :rolleyes:

As a very wise man once said....

dont-piss-down-my-back-and-tell-me-its-rainin-15902266.png

(Sorry...but we gotta move away from all these Christian Bale gifs....they are wreaking my head... :p )

PARlance wrote:
    Hennelly is often seen practicing imaginary kicks on the sideline of tight games..

If he keeps practicing and keeps his head he might get the opportunity to do it in an imaginary AI final some day. !!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I see this weeks boycott is The Irish Times courtesy of an article written by Ed Power

Oh, is that what we are supposed to be outraged about this week?

Makes a nice change from Dermo, I suppose.

(What minute are we standing/clapping/cheering/booing/scratching our arses at on Sunday? :rolleyes: )

Sounds like the writer has more serious issues going on, than what city he chooses to live in.

#MaynoothIsTheNewManhattan

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I see this weeks boycott is The Irish Times courtesy of an article written by Ed Power

Are we not buying it at half time on sunday?

I never buy the Irish times anyway, should I start then stop?

Gob****es

:)

They will be campaigning to remove statues and plaques to non Dubs from Croke Park next. Perhaps even a clear out of the museum.

they were not pleased when someone pointed out to them that proposed boycott of O'Byrne Cup would affect injured players who get all the proceeds from the fund to cover work absences, medical bills etc.

They are an embarrassment. Thankfully their presence declines as tickets become harder to get.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Oh, is that what we are supposed to be outraged about this week?

Makes a nice change from Dermo, I suppose.

(What minute are we standing/clapping/cheering/booing/scratching our arses at on Sunday? :rolleyes: )

Sounds like the writer has more serious issues going on, than what city he chooses to live in.

#MaynoothIsTheNewManhattan

Sunday marks the 1,607th anniversary of the Sacking of Rome by the Visigoths (they were from Nobber apparently) in 410AD.

So at ten minutes past four there will be a minute's silence ending in a stirring rendition of the Roman anthem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_N5nyecs24

Sunday marks the 1,607th anniversary of the Sacking of Rome by the Visigoths (they were from Nobber apparently) in 410AD.

So at ten minutes past four there will be a minute's silence ending in a stirring rendition of the Roman anthem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_N5nyecs24

What? This crowd again?

Jesus, they get around, don't they?

Edit...oh dear, is Man O'War too hardcore for Boards? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

It was a ridiculous article tbf. Ed seemed like an angry man.

But people love something to be outraged over. Similarly the BOI ad from twitter that people went nuts over, what was the problem? That's the reality.

Anyway, just finished work. Feeling a bit dehydrated, so going for a few pints of porter.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Bambi wrote: »
    Are we not buying it at half time on sunday?

I never buy the Irish times anyway, should I start then stop?

Gob****es

Exactly I didn't know what the fuss was about.

I had to search for it in order to be outraged.

Read the first few lines and gave it I started laughing it was Ross O'Carroll Kelly stuff.
    'Untroubled by whiny Dublin accents' etc etc

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I still have not got a ticket for Sunday it sure it will be a novel experience for me watching a big live Dublin game on the auld box.

I hope it bleedin lashes on the rest of youse! :D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

I still have not got a ticket for Sunday it sure it will be a novel experience for me watching a big live Dublin game on the auld box.

I hope it bleedin lashes on the rest of youse! :D

In 705. Rain won't be getting me.

AS for Slatts, he's having prawn sammiches!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement