Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's the weekend! ARRGGGHHHH!!!! So excited!!!

Also, last year, for the replay, I came down with a terrible dose of the man flu, had to drink my pints while shivering the whole time, thought I was going to pass out several times, but we still won! Yesterday I woke up with the shivers and a sore throat, so we're definitely going to win!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

CatInABox wrote: »

Also, last year, for the replay, I came down with a terrible dose of the man flu, had to drink my pints while shivering the whole time, thought I was going to pass out several times, but we still won! Yesterday I woke up with the shivers and a sore throat, so we're definitely going to win!

And we laugh at the Mayo curse when a semi comatose CIAB popping paracetamol is our lucky omen!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

If anyone is feeling unwell, not just you CatMan, and in particular those with tickets, I'd recommend, nay urge you, as a Doctor, to stay at home and not spread your germs to other patrons in Croke Park, especially the poor children whose immune system may not be strong enough to defend themselves against the onslaught of a potential flu. You could potentially start an epidemic. The consequences are very serious and could you live with yourself afterwards? Could you?!

Anyway. On a completely unrelated matter, I'll also be glad to take your ticket if you chose not to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

CatInABox wrote: »

This is good, but I feel more relaxed if it were to develop into full scale pneumonia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭donkey balls

What's the weather to be like for Sunday?

• Advertisement

What's the weather to be like for Sunday?

Not a drop forecast at the minute - winds are given as gentle breeze 4m/s - so no excuses then *cough* from us anyway

cc8f1b22cad6d4e2e44f95e87bb985de.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

A fine day, no injuries and Dublin Joe on the whistle etc. etc.

Lots of rain Saturday evening and into the night. Ground will be fierce greasy with the sun beating down on it from early Sunday morning.

That wont suit the Dubs.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭donkey balls

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Not a drop forecast at the minute - winds are given as gentle breeze 4m/s - so no excuses then *cough* from us anyway

cc8f1b22cad6d4e2e44f95e87bb985de.png
    Grand I heard that it's been lashing rain all week hopefully it stays dry,Don't want a repeat of the 2015 final.

Grand I heard that it's been lashing rain all week hopefully it stays dry,Don't want a repeat of the 2015 final.

In fairness, as bad as a day that was, the match itself was an absolute cakewalk for Dublin.

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    In fairness, as bad as a day that was, the match itself was an absolute cakewalk for Dublin.

Yes, but Mayo are a tougher proposition than the ladyboys from the Kingdom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Anybody hear the suggestion that Connolly wasn't played until late in the semi final because he got two black cards earlier in the season and if he had gotten a third he would of been suspended?

Also, got my ticket yesterday, cant wait ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Yeah - saw that theory put forward by a former Mayo player yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Jayus I can't wait three in a bleedin row? Or 'only'
    a double :)

I am trying my best to soak all this anticipation and pre-game stuff up. Might never see the likes of it again.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Gael85

Drumpot wrote: »
    Anybody hear the suggestion that Connolly wasn't played until late in the semi final because he got two black cards earlier in the season and if he had gotten a third he would of been suspended?

Also, got my ticket yesterday, cant wait ! !

Players cant miss AI Final if accumulate 3 black cards. The one against Monaghan would have been rescinded as wrongly given.

I remember some of these boys in the Inter Firms, plus Charlie & Dave Foran

https://twitter.com/DubFireBrigade/status/908367440274477057

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Haven't posted here in a long time...my nerves and head are truly all over the shop. Never wanted another final against these lads. After last year's muck I was glad of the rest. But it's on again

If they play football against us they will lose. But they won't. It's going to be a war they bring. More of the same. Anything to get them over the line. Sure don't they deserve it!!!

It won't be pretty. We're much better this year. They reckon they are too. I don't see it. Here's to a another great day...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Ah Charlie Redmond is a really witty character,recalling the five minutes post his sending off in the 1995 final on the OTB roadshow on Eir Sports 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

When are Dublin naming team?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Gael85

ClanofLams wrote: »

Sunday @3:29 :D

• Advertisement

ClanofLams wrote: »

At closing time in Vinnies - around 4am :)

He never names team until night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

seligehgit wrote: »
    Ah Charlie Redmond is a really witty character,recalling the five minutes post his sending off in the 1995 final on the OTB roadshow on Eir Sports 1!

Was at the yoke on Thursday. Was some Craic. DB and Redmond are some fellas.

Doing a spot of gardening today.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭covey09

DoctaDee wrote: »
    I remember some of these boys in the Inter Firms, plus Charlie & Dave Foran

https://twitter.com/DubFireBrigade/status/908367440274477057

Mayo won the Junior Interfirms this year....

Team named. No surprises.

Someone put up a fancy graphic of the team!

DUBLIN XV vs Mayo: Cluxton; McMahon, O’Sullivan, Fitzsimons; Cooper, Small, McCaffrey; Fenton, McCarthy; Kilkenny, O’Callaghan, Scully; Mannion, Andrews, Rock

Scully is the only change, in for Lowndes. They usually make at least one change before throw in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,240 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Question for the Dubs.

Out of curiosity, what is the latest and the most that Dublin have been behind this year ?

If guessing it's no more than a point or two and no later than 10 mins.

In league they were behind in Tralee until injury time and drew, I think. Were 4/5 down to Mon in Clones nearing last ten, and of course lost league final while hauling in a 5/6 point deficit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,240 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Bonniedog wrote: »
    In league they were behind in Tralee until injury time and drew, I think. Were 4/5 down to Mon in Clones nearing last ten, and of course lost league final while hauling in a 5/6 point deficit.

Sorry, meant to say championship only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Question for the Dubs.

Out of curiosity, what is the latest and the most that Dublin have been behind this year ?

If guessing it's no more than a point or two and no later than 10 mins.

They were a point down at the final whistle - league final.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement