Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Sorry, meant to say championship only.

Why?

Dublin Monaghan in Clones was a higher quality than Mayo Derry/Cork for example. Gap between league and Championship isn't really there anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 15,240 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Why?

Dublin Monaghan in Clones was a higher quality than Mayo Derry/Cork for example. Gap between league and Championship isn't really there anymore

Because I'm curious, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Tyrone, Westmeath and Kildare opened the scoring in the semi final, but their lead didn't last long.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Tyrone, Westmeath and Kildare opened the scoring in the semi final, but their lead didn't last long.

Yea found it

Carlow were 1 up until the 2nd minute

Kildare were 1 up until the 3rd

Tyrone were 1 up until the 2nd

But here is the real outlier , Westmeath were level on the 12th minute,coming from being 4-2 down in the 9th.

It's some stat, that Dublin have never been behind by more than a point or later than the 3rd minute of the game.

Are Dublin that good or is the rest of Leinster and Ulster football that S**te.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Yea found it

Carlow were 1 up until the 2nd minute

Kildare were 1 up until the 3rd

Tyrone were 1 up until the 2nd

But here is the real outlier , Westmeath were level on the 12th minute,coming from being 4-2 down in the 9th.

It's some stat, that Dublin have never been behind by more than a point or later than the 3rd minute of the game.

[Are Dublin that good or is the rest of Leinster and Ulster football that S**te.

Well the Leinster stat isn't out of the ordinary. Monaghan falling apart in Croke Park isn't a surprise either. Tyrone conceding a goal early playing defensive football kind of knocked them back too. They're explainable without Dublin being elevated to otherworldly. We know Dublin are a good side though.

Are you asking to maybe establish a form line with Mayo? I doubt any game so far has any relevance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,189 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

You do see the contradiction there? There was a massive gap between Dub Mon league game in Clones and when they met again in the Championship in Croke Park.

Mayo played great football against Cork for 45 odd mins btw. Almost threw it away thereafter with all the subs but Cork also played some great football too.

corny wrote: »
    Well the Leinster stat isn't out of the ordinary. Monaghan falling apart in Croke Park isn't a surprise either. Tyrone conceding a goal early playing defensive football kind of knocked them back too. They're explainable without Dublin being elevated to otherworldly. We know Dublin are a good side though.

Are you asking to maybe establish a form line with Mayo? I doubt any game so far has any relevance.

Your right no Dublin game thus far has relevance to Dublin v Mayo.

I just thought it was an interesting stat.

PARlance wrote: »
    You do see the contradiction there? There was a massive gap between Dub Mon league game in Clones and when they met again in the Championship in Croke Park.

Mayo played great football against Cork for 45 odd mins btw. Almost threw it away thereafter with all the subs but Cork also played some great football too.

I could say the same about the Mayo Roscommon game, there was not a gap and then there was a massive one

Or do you mean from a time perspective?

I could say the same about the Mayo Roscommon game, there was not a gap and then there was a massive one

Mayo won the league game by about 20 points, as they did the replayed QF.

Mayo won the league game by about 20 points, as they did the replayed QF.

Key word there is replay

Anyways no point in looking into form before this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

id say that starting 6 forwards, will see a change or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I can see Scully being dropped for someone like Flynn. Although i do like Scully, he's a bit windy. Flynn would worry the Mayo lads more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Best of luck for tomorrow,may the best team win.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

seligehgit wrote:

Same to you man.

Stoner wrote: »
    Same to you man.

Jaysus!

Get a room :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

seligehgit wrote: »

Yeah safe travels brother

I was supposed to sand and varnish the sitting room floor - glad I didn't as I'll be pacing the varnish off it at 5 tomorrow morning .. on the upside I'll be ready for the dinner around 10 ;)

DoctaDee wrote:
    I was supposed to sand and varnish the sitting room floor

I see you are still under the thumb!

I see you are still under the thumb!

:D oh you betchaa - she gets particularly antsy if I exhibit any positivity, tomorrow being a prime example !

DoctaDee wrote: »
    :D oh you betchaa - she gets particularly antsy if I exhibit any positivity, tomorrow being a prime example !

Basil Fawlty: "Happiness, happiness. Yes I think I remember that."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

DoctaDee wrote: »

Just remind her of the good times...

Like when they got relegated to Division 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Just remind her of the good times...

Like when they got relegated to Division 3.

BOOM.

Back of the net ! :D:D:D

"A dry day, on Sunday, practically everywhere."

So sez Jean Byrne.

Everywhere can piss right off.

We just need the one square mile around Jones Rd to be tickety boo !

I'm in a bad way. Nothing but rubbish in the Herald and the Indo.

I just put a teabag where the tablet should go in the dishwasher, so I'm packing it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Basil Fawlty: "Happiness, happiness. Yes I think I remember that."

One of my favourite TV clips of all time

Ah g'wan....stay up for Up For The Match.

You know you want to.

Resistance is futile.

You will be assimilated.

I'm in a bad way. Nothing but rubbish in the Herald and the Indo.

I just put a teabag where the tablet should go in the dishwasher, so I'm packing it in.

Examiner had some interesting stuff this morning, including Gooch's piece. Strange anecdotes from Varley about being in Vinnies and more or less claiming that Philly broke his nose and then initiated another confrontation when Dubs and Vinnies played each other early in the year. Varley claims relationship between Mayo and Dublin is "toxic."

Varley? The shrinking violet of the Mayo team? Lolzers ! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Examiner had some interesting stuff this morning, including Gooch's piece. Strange anecdotes from Varley about being in Vinnies and more or less claiming that Philly broke his nose and then initiated another confrontation when Dubs and Vinnies played each other early in the year. Varley claims relationship between Mayo and Dublin is "toxic."

There is no love lost on either side from what I heard

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Varley? The shrinking violet of the Mayo team? Lolzers ! :P

It was a sort of half cocked effort by Varley to combine what he probably thought was sneaky dig at the Dubs, with how much he loves Vinnies. Oh, and how he is their best player apparently :) I must have been at different games ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement