Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Bambi wrote: »
    There is no love lost on either side from what I heard

Yeah, On Up For The Match In 40 years time, (coz let's face it, the bloody show will survive a nuclear armageddon) I don't think we'll be watching old and wrinkly Dermo and Leeroy telling funny, yuk, yuk stories about whatever Mayo's version of the Listowel races is, a la Jimmy Keavney and Der Bomber.

And what of it? I'm not of the mindest that rivals always have to like each other. I think a healthy dollop of genuine loathing is genuinely required, even though no one will admit to it, as it's not politically correct. I admired Jackie Tyrell's honesty in his book. He didn't even attempt to sugar coat what he thinks about Cork or Tipp or Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Ah g'wan....stay up for Up For The Match.

You know you want to.

Resistance is futile.

You will be assimilated.

Jaysus, Grainne's dress is a bit like the kerry full back line, wide open down the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Just watching Up For The Match.

Who are Mayo playing in the final, not heard much about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Slattsy wrote: »
    Just watching Up For The Match.

Who are Mayo playing in the final, not heard much about them.

Lol! Class. Although flat out were great. Girl with black hair is an amazing musician. Seriously it's an awful bog fest of a show

• Registered Users Posts: 21,189 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Jaysus, Grainne's dress is a bit like the kerry full back line, wide open down the middle

And on the floor within a minute?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ProudDUB wrote:
    Ah g'wan....stay up for Up For The Match.

I was flicking over and back,
    I caught A O'Mahony on the +1 just there he seems to be a bit of a character

Not really my cup of tea that show, I don't relate to it much, never did. I don't mind watching it before a final not involving Dublin. Listening to some Mayo lad moaning about all the bad luck and being robbed, it would annoy me if I was from Mayo too. Going to grab a podcast with a bit more insight in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Vinnie's face after Lyndsay Peat mentioned her wife was a picture!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Keegan to get man shamed by Con O'Callaghan. Dublin to win by 17. Up the Dubs.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Good man Corny someone finally talking sense !

Edit.. if you fancy Dubs to win 16+ I would point you towards 365 (22/1) PP 14/1

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭superbluedub

Really looking forward to this , Dry day ! it has to be 3 in a row !
    Dublin by 1 will do me .:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Really looking forward to this , Dry day ! it has to be 3 in a row !
    Dublin by 1 will do me .:D

Its not dry in north Fingal!

Hopefully dry in around Croke Park for both the game and the beer garden/car park

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Its not dry in north Fingal!

Hopefully dry in around Croke Park for both the game and the beer garden/car park

It's dry in North North Fingal !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Couldn't go to match... Honestly. Wife is away, kid needs watching, in work early tomorrow....

Still eating me up I couldn't get a ticket, missed out in club draw, and while head keeps reminding me of responsibilities, heart is shouting I could have arranged something.

So roll on the replay next weekend.....

Up and at 'em troops....

Here is to another glorious day for our glorious capital !

Dubs by 7

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Patser wrote: »
    Couldn't go to match... Honestly. Wife is away, kid needs watching, in work early tomorrow....

Still eating me up I couldn't get a ticket, missed out in club draw, and while head keeps reminding me of responsibilities, heart is shouting I could have arranged something.

So roll on the replay next weekend.....

It'll be the weekend after sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Too many snifters of stout were had last night. And as a result I'm going to have to have several more today.

Stomach is in knots. The Ulster brethren are on the way down. Fry is on. Coffee is being drunk.

Gerruptafook

My biggest decision today is what Jersey to wear...

95 or 02?

COYBIB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Connolly was so important.

Deep out the field, his composure, keeping possession, using the ball well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Yes yes yes yes yes yes!

Oh **** yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

3 in a row baby :D Delighted for Deano after his league final miss. Dermo was brilliant,when he came on. Fenton still unbeaten in championship football. Now onto 4 in a row and too create a new record for Dublin GAA,but not before we drink the city dry :D.

COYBIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

God that was something else...my heart head legs back are sore. We truly are champions. What a squad.

Mention for Mayo though. What great support. Outnumbered us easy. Got to feel for them..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

O'Gara might even be a good man to start, he needs minding and they'll tie one of their good players up on him

Problem is, he might win a lot of posession but there are days when he couldn't hit a bus with beach ball

I'm just pointing out I called it...for what it was worth in the end :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Jaysus my heart was in my mouth for the whole match,My stomach was in a knot and couldn't even drink before the match (Had 1 pint) normally have about 5 before hand.
    Was surrounded by Mayo fans on the Hill good banter as usual,Now for some drinking to celebrate the next 2 days off that I booked last Xmas.

Congrats! (hope ye all die of a hangover tomorrow, I mean that in the nicest possible way....for some)

A great team and it breaks my heart that our great team has ran into ye. Next year, maybe, definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

PARlance wrote: »
    Congrats! (hope ye all die of a hangover tomorrow, I mean that in the nicest possible way....for some)

A great team and it breaks my heart that our great team has ran into ye. Next year, maybe, definitely.

I'd say you certainly get one, at least one, in the next three or four years.
    If the senior players keep the effort going. Andy Moran has just had his best year and can surely give another two maybe?

Rochfort is good, it will be good for Mayo if he sticks at it for a few years more.

Of course Dublin and Kerry will be back in full force next year also. Will be a great championship 2018.

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    I'd say you certainly get one, at least one, in the next three or four years.
    If the senior players keep the effort going. Andy Moran has just had his best year and can surely give another two maybe?

Rochfort is good, it will be good for Mayo if he sticks at it for a few years more.

Of course Dublin and Kerry will be back in full force next year also. Will be a great championship 2018.

Ah sure we'll be the 5th best team in the Country by June :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

PARlance wrote: »

Not blowing smoke up your arse but it elevates Dublin beating a team like Mayo imo. They'll get little credit as bridesmaids again but Dublin have to extend themselves to ridiculous proportions to win. Both teams are heroic in their application.

Glad that Connolly showed the country what he brings to the table. His point was reminiscent of the one he got against Donegal in 2014. Just shaking your head at how good it was. The chorus of 'we don't need him' has been irritating me for a while now. McCarthy was my MOTM though. Never takes a backward step. His desire to win is unmatched.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Congratulations from a Mayo Supporter . Ye have that bit extra better .

Enjoy you Victory . I hope Mayo have it in them to come back next year and be that bit extra better .

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

corny wrote: »
    Not blowing smoke up your arse but it elevates Dublin beating a team like Mayo imo. They'll get little credit as bridesmaids again but Dublin have to extend themselves to ridiculous proportions to win. Both teams are heroic in their application.

Glad that Connolly showed the country what he brings to the table. His point was reminiscent of the one he got against Donegal in 2014. Just shaking your head at how good it was. The chorus of 'we don't need him' has been irritating me for a while now. McCarthy was my MOTM though. Never takes a backward step. His desire to win is unmatched.

McCarthy is young enough to lead this team for another five/six years.

Raised on songs and stories....heros of renown....altogether now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I will be honest I think Dublin did not deserve it.

But Mayo kicked it away and had a great goal chance. The difference in quality of sub's was always going to make the difference.

Jim got his tactics @rseways and got away with it starting EOG and going the direct style of play instead of the usual lateral stuff was a big mistake.

If Dublin had lost there would have been questions asked.

Three in a row.
    Delighted to win it

But be honest it was a bit on the jammy side.
    Maybe the cliche is true a good team knows how to win despite playing badly.

God help teams if the Dubs actually click in a final.
    Four in a row is the next target those Kerry young pups will be snapping at Dublin's heels fairly soon.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement