Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I was up till two on Sunday watching the TV coverage

I really didn't like the game, there was a bit of a poxy element to it, I remember with 10 minutes to go hoping that one team would win as I couldn't face a draw

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Once we started the 2nd half on the right foot, made a few tweaks to personnel, and then Mannion sticking over that sublime point early, I always felt it was a game we were never going to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Slattsy wrote: »
    Once we started the 2nd half on the right foot, made a few tweaks to personnel, and then Mannion sticking over that sublime point early, I always felt it was a game we were never going to lose.

Agreed, I was never worried that we would lose, my only concern was that I had somewhere else to be on the day fixed for the replay.

I believe that if O'Connor was kicking that free to draw the game, he would have nailed it, the extra pressure of making history was too much. Such are the small margins. The likes of Cluxton in 2011 and Rock this year have that ability to cope.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Once it was close at the end I knew it was a Dublin win or a draw

That said when Cluxton was kick passing across his own goal at the end....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Bambi wrote: »

Heart in mouth stuff! I'm still buzzing from it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Gael85

McCaffrey done his cruciate :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭yobr

Gael85 wrote: »

That's really bad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Arrrrrgh. I was afraid that was it when I saw it live.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Will miss the start of next season's championship going on early indications. Return to action in June at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

As anyone who is familiar with Dublin club scene will be aware, Wooly is really taking the p big time! Parnells suddenly had influx of people from distant lands who were consumed with passion for the black and green... eh, no.

• Advertisement

Always looked like a bad one for Jack unfortunately. When you're running at that speed your chances of getting away with just a strain or twist are extremely low.

Seriously considering going back playing GAA this year. Was going back to play over 35s (shortly!!) soccerball, but would love to get back into the GAA again. Wifey might not be too happy though.

I played in Croker once, schools final. Played full back and done something similar, kicked ball right across goal to a spare man. Again final moments of a game.

My grandfather, a goalkeeper and pretty decent at that, made several Dublin panels, instead of congratulating me after the game ate the ****ing head off me for doing that!

And I didn't do it again either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Would've been funny if a Mayo lad intercepted and then blazed it wide!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Ah no not another what if.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,189 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I think it was Barrett that got closest to it.

If he had got his hands to it he would have ran through the goal, demolished the Hill and stopped somewhere on Clonliffe Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

blanch152 wrote: »
    I've watched the game again on The Sunday Game Live, also watched the Sky coverage in full, just the evening Sunday Game left :D:D:D

I recorded the Marty Squad too. (My SKY box gets a bunch of digital radio stations too.) I need to listen to it soon, while I still have my buzz. Otherwise the urge to kick my cat, (I don't have a cat) is usually too strong to resist, whenever I hear it. :rolleyes:

Is that confirmed anywhere about Jack's injury?

On Sunday night, the DCB tweeted a short video of Cluxton and Bastick carrying Sam into the banquet at the Gibson Hotel. The other players followed on behind and, Jack wasn't even limping.

If he has done the cruciate, we won't see him back until the 2019 champo imo. A year seems to be the average time out for a cruciate injury. While the knee may be recoverd a year from now, he will have missed the league, the Leinster champo and the guts of a full years training. He won't be anywhere near match fit for the kind of games played at this time of year, if we are still in the mix (God willing,) next September. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I recorded the Marty Squad too. (My SKY box gets a bunch of digital radio stations too.) I need to listen to it soon, while I still have my buzz. Otherwise the urge to kick my cat, (I don't have a cat) is usually too strong to resist, whenever I hear it. :rolleyes:

On Sunday night, the DCB tweeted a short video of Cluxton and Bastick carrying Sam into the banquet at the Gibson Hotel. The other players followed on behind and, Jack wasn't even limping.

If he has done the cruciate, we won't see him back until the 2019 champo imo. A year seems to be the average time out for a cruciate injury. While the knee may be recoverd a year from now, he will have missed the league, the Leinster champo and the guts of a full years training. He won't be anywhere near match fit for the kind of games played at this time of year, if we are still in the mix (God willing,) next September. :(

Cruciate is a strange one, depends on the level of damage but not sure how you can read into not limping

Well hopefully, it means his cruciate is not fully donald ducked, in the fullest sense of the term.

Also recorded Sunday Sport, so I have the Radio 1 commmentary saved too. Just fast forwarded to the last 10 minutes. Daragh Maloney and Martin - it must be said - Carney both sound like they are going to have a heart attack any minute. :D

Well hopefully, it means his cruciate is not fully Donald Ducked, in the fullest sense of the term.

Also recorded Sunday Sport, so I have the radio commmentary saved too. Just fast forwarded to the last 10 minutes. Daragh Maloney and Martin - it must be said - Carney both sound like they are going to have a heart attack any minute. :D
    Yeah fingers crossed.

Have done it myself and couldn't walk the next day but was almost right as rain the week after. Here's hoping he doesn't lose any of his pace!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Yeah fingers crossed.

Have done it myself and couldn't walk the next day but was almost right as rain the week after. Here's hoping he doesn't lose any of his pace!

I read this, and thought jaysus, that's pretty harsh, Martin Carney is a gobs***e, but to wish a heart attack on him like that..........

Understanding dawned eventually. I think I'm slow after the weekend lads.

• Advertisement

'S ok. We're all still a wee bit shook, if truth be told. For a variety of reasons. :p

Daragh Maloney is fabulous on the wireless. There is a real excited and breathlessness feeling to to the commentary, that is totally missing in Ger Canning's rather jaded commentary style on the telly.

Edit: Seriously? C'mon like....I'm certainly not wishing a heart attack on Martin Carney.

CatInABox wrote: »
    I read this, and thought jaysus, that's pretty harsh, Martin Carney is a gobs***e, but to wish a heart attack on him like that..........

Understanding dawned eventually. I think I'm slow after the weekend lads.

A clarification might be in order haha

Carney is a clown but no heart attack wished upon him!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

blanch152 wrote: »
    They had to bring them on, their players were falling down with cramp all over the pitch or were out on their feet. Paul Mannion was suffering similarly hence the swap with Costello.

Would you not bring them on with 5/10 mins left and give yourself the best chance of winning if your players are out on their feet?

I meant to put a smiley face in there, was more at myself for being so thick than you guys! Sorry!

Also, any chance we can change the thread again? Now that Connolly has been sprung from prison, and completed his redemption story, it seems a little out of date now.

Something to reflect the three-in-a-row-ness of Dublin, but not something that'll get the complainers in here.

My mate's car radio no longer works after we listened to five minutes of The Marty Squad on the way home on Sunday. Some sort of an accident it had. Don't look at me.

I meant to put a smiley face in there, was more at myself for being so thick than you guys! Sorry!

Also, any chance we can change the thread again? Now that Connolly has been sprung from prison, and completed his redemption story, it seems a little out of date now.

Something to reflect the three-in-a-row-ness of Dublin, but not something that'll get the complainers in here.

Ah, we welcome all kinds here...Dubs, wannabedubs, exiles in the Colonies, blow ins, complainers, Spewan McKenna (even when he's off his meds,) coddle lovers, music lovers, (especially Imelda May, Aslan and Man O'War fans), bitter begrudgers, Dermo's legal team, Aido's army of hair stylists, Lee Keegan's groupies, hurling snobs, those either side of The Berliner, man bun loving Stoneybatter hipsters,....you name it. They're all very welcome here. Just like the Hill. We're very inclusive and welcoming. :D

Btw, I'm still a tad huffy that my oh so brilliant suggestion "Dublin GAA Discussion Thread- The Empire Strikes Back" was ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,189 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Btw, I'm still a tad huffy that my oh so brilliant suggestion "Dublin GAA Discussion Thread- The Empire Strikes Back" was ignored.

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread- May the fourth (not) be with you

PARlance wrote: »
    Dublin GAA Discussion Thread- May the fourth (not) be with you

Dublin 4 SAMS

PARlance wrote: »
    Dublin GAA Discussion Thread- May the fourth be with you

Genius.... absolute bloody genius !

We have a winner people.

(See. It IS possible for Mayo folk to wins things in September. :D )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Leave it as is. I like that in this year of adversity we came up trumps.

But if it must be changed it needs a coddle reference.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement