Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

We should have a 'Coddle Off' soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Well hopefully, it means his cruciate is not fully donald ducked, in the fullest sense of the term.

Also recorded Sunday Sport, so I have the Radio 1 commmentary saved too. Just fast forwarded to the last 10 minutes. Daragh Maloney and Martin - it must be said - Carney both sound like they are going to have a heart attack any minute. :D

Was carney on rte? He was local Mayo commentary at the final whistle.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,189 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Was carney on rte? He was local Mayo commentary at the final whistle.

Ger & Dezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzie were on RTE.

Carney is much better on MidWest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Cruciate is a strange one, depends on the level of damage but not sure how you can read into not limping

It's a weird injury. You're in severe pain for a minute or two, then it subsides and you can sometimes even walk. I've seen Shefflin walk off after his doing ACL in an AI final. I remember Theo Walcott being all smiles a minute after his initial ACL pain. Happens fairly often.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I'd be really gutted if this injury effects Jack long term or has him out for a substantial time. He's a fantastic player with elite physical talents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I recorded the Marty Squad too. ...(

Do yourself a favour PD and delete it ! I listened to it on the way home on Sunday and the thing it reminded me of is an American tv program I got into called NightWatch, which follows EMS in New Orleans. They deal with your run of the mill shootings, stabbings etc. But they have this one trick for heroin highs/overdoses, they inject a drug called Narcan and within seconds the buzz just disappears. Maughan and Jack O'Shea are Irish Narcan ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Ah, I think I'll save it for a dark winters night in a couple of months, when I have a nice glow about me, after having had a Whurly burger, 15 battered sausages and Laduree hot choccy (https://www.instagram.com/p/BZRo85khlxU/?hl=en&taken-by=lovindublin ) for the tae.....after an evening down the local with Sam.

Not even Marty could kill that buzz ! :D

blanch152 wrote: »
    My mate's car radio no longer works after we listened to five minutes of The Marty Squad on the way home on Sunday. Some sort of an accident it had. Don't look at me.

Blanch .. I don't know whether your radio was still working at this stage .. and I don't know whether I misheard it or not - but did Jack O'Shea say that Mayo were the greatest football team of the last 8-9 years ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Genius.... absolute bloody genius !

We have a winner people.

(See. It IS possible for Mayo folk to wins things in September. :D )

That sounds suspiciously like the Leinster thread title in the Rugby forum. Parlance isn't a closet Leinster rugby supporter by any chance. #rumbled :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Slattsy wrote: »
    We should have a 'Coddle Off' soon.

I'll bring the Lentils.

• Advertisement

Jaden wrote: »
    I'll bring the Lentils.

633645003725135464.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

What do people think?  Should next years early league games be the time to start giving Comerford more big game experience in goals, as Cluxton cant go on forever

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

kilns wrote: »
    What do people think?  Should next years early league games be the time to start giving Comerford more big game experience in goals, as Cluxton cant go on forever

Yes

Yep.

Has he not already started a few league games? I can't for the life of me remember where or when he has, (deffo wasn't against a Mayo or a Kerry) but I think I remember being to games that he has started. Or have I been smoking the cheap crack again?

A run of games will give him confidence going forward as his time will come in the next 2 years I reckon and he needs to be ready because as shown nowadays goalkeeper is one of the most important positions on the pitch now.  Imagine if Dublin had someone as flakey as Clarke in goal, we would be under pressure as our strength is not 50/50 kick outs

corny wrote: »
    That sounds suspiciously like the Leinster thread title in the Rugby forum. Parlance isn't a closet Leinster rugby supporter by any chance. #rumbled :D

Rugby??? That was the thing we used to play for a few weeks every Winter while we waited on the GAA training to start up again, wasn't it. It passed the time. They weren't fond of me kicking points at every opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

He played in O'Byrne and have vague recollection he might have started a league game.

Is Savage still about with Vins? Must be a strange feeling to be apprentice to a Dub goalkeeper!

Which begs the question, who was John O'Leary's sub most of the time?

Winner gets trip to New York... or Balbriggan.

corny wrote: »
    That sounds suspiciously like the Leinster thread title in the Rugby forum. Parlance isn't a closet Leinster rugby supporter by any chance. #rumbled

It's very possible. Jayzus, I wouldn't wish being BOTH a Mayo and a Connaught Rugby supporter on anyone. :eek:

Although, the proof as they say, is in the pudding.

"Connaught only won the 2016 Pro 12 championship, as the other 3 Irish provinces were suffering from a collective World Cup hangover."

Discuss.

What's Comerford like with those 15 yard kickouts, under no pressure, into the corner? Presume he can't be a whole lot worse than Cluxton at the long range ones.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    He played in O'Byrne and have vague recollection he might have started a league game.

Is Savage still about with Vins?  Must be a strange feeling to be apprentice to a Dub goalkeeper!

Davy Byrne for a long time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Is Savage still about with Vins? Must be a strange feeling to be apprentice to a Dub goalkeeper!

At the OTB thing last week JOL had an anecdote about him togging out as Cluxton's sub in the early noughties because the other sub keeper got injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Can't remember who was sub to Cullen in 70s, or even if it was an allotted place in subs then?

Yep.

Has he not already started a few league games? I can't for the life of me remember where or when he has, (deffo wasn't against a Mayo or a Kerry) but I think I remember being to games that he has started. Or have I been smoking the cheap crack again?

Played OBC alright ... cant remember him out in the league tho

Crokes' Mick Pender got the gig a few times Bonnie ..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Lads have ye seen the video on twitter after the match with Connolly chatting with Flynn. Flynn has to remind Connolly how many All Irelands he's won. The joy on Connolly's face when he realises that its 5 not 4 is great. Don't have a link, but it' pretty cool. This one really seemed to mean a lot to them. 3 in a row is a massive deal.

Nope. Haven't seen it. Who originally tweeted it?

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Can't remember who was sub to Cullen in 70s, or even if it was an allotted place in subs then?

Norman Bernard from Vinnies was there for a while. Picked up two of the handiest All Ireland Medals ever, '76 and '77 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ProudDUB wrote:

He started a good few he was ok, soft goal in one of the o'byrne cup games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Bonniedog wrote:

Andy Payton

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement