Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

If he had of dropped it I would have certainly of missed the wide. Would of had a heart attack on the spot.

I was cool and the gang all through the game until the passage from roughly where Cooper was nearly tripped, cluxton starts soloing through forwards and threads a kick pass across his vacant goal to Kevin Mac who nearly has a kick pass blocked

Jesus

And that doesn't include Cluxtons mad long range hand pass to Cooper.

How does Gavin keep a straight face? I'd be sucking oxygen from the st johns ambulance lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

As above, how mad was that passage of play. One interception there and we weren't looking at an equalizer, it was a goal and a winter of tears.
    I've looked at it again a few times and my heart rate still goes through the ceiling.
    Specially that long pass to Cooper by Cluxton. Don't think I remember that pass in the ground as I had my head in my hands at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I'm sure Lowndes is carrying a knock that we don't know about. He was brilliant all season then puff...not seen again.

Flynn looked rusty to me when he came on. The one thing Gavin should take from this is what he does with his subs in the QF and SF. He spread them out giving everyone a go because we've a big squad. He should settle on 18 or 19 lads as a core and they should get game time accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

I see Clarke selected over Cluxton in Sunday Times team of the championship.

7 Mayo players v Dublins 6 and Moran player of the year also.

Perhaps my sky blue shades bias my thinking but it seems to continue the trend of sheer reluctance to recognise our achievements.

I appreciate Mayo played more games this year so maybe that's a factor but come on they didn't even win a provincial title and lost 2 games this year in the championship.

What do we have to do ffs??!! Shouldn't care I know but it does bother me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

corny wrote: »
    I'm sure Lowndes is carrying a knock that we don't know about. He was brilliant all season then puff...not seen again.

Flynn looked rusty to me when he came on. The one thing Gavin should take from this is what he does with his subs in the QF and SF. He spread them out giving everyone a go because we've a big squad. He should settle on 18 or 19 lads as a core and they should get game time accordingly.
    Lowndes is fully fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

omega man wrote: »
    I see Clarke selected over Cluxton in Sunday Times team of the championship.

7 Mayo players v Dublins 6 and Moran player of the year also.

Perhaps my sky blue shades bias my thinking but it seems to continue the trend of sheer reluctance to recognise our achievements.

I appreciate Mayo played more games this year so maybe that's a factor but come on they didn't even win a provincial title and lost 2 games this year in the championship.

What do we have to do ffs??!! Shouldn't care I know but it does bother me.

Just stick to winning trophies.

Mayo are a great story and therefore got alot of attention but looking purely at wins beat a single D1 team to our 4.
    Seems to be the closer the game the better you are.......
    Anyways come on you girls in blue

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Not going to do it, but having seen both teams from quarter finals on, Mayo look like great bet at 9/4.

May god forgive me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Let's do the double!

Good crowd. Great to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Big peno here!

Hope those missed chances don't come back to haunt them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Game should be over by now.

Should have killed the game with two players up.

Shocking misses

Should be 12 up. Some ridiculous misses.

Same as last few years, lack a bit of composure. Should have enough for these though. Hopefully.

Score line finally reflects the dubs far superior abilities and dominance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Making up for those misses now, it's a feeding frenzy. 3 goals on 5? minutes I think.

Dublin about 40 points better than Mayo today.

Unbelievable performance. Congratulations.

Up the Dubs!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,883 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Considering the beatings Dublin have had in recent years, it's good to see them finally get over the line.

• Advertisement

Scoreline very much flatters Mayo. There very much a,side as cynical and thuggish as there male counterparts. Not sure how the ref missed the punch on Aherne. Delighted for the girls after all the heartbreak they've been through.

A Dublin Double :D

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Scoreline very much flatters Mayo. There very much a,side as cynical and thuggish as there male counterparts. Not sure how the ref missed the punch on Aherne. Delighted for the girls after all the heartbreak they've been through.

AT LEAST THEY weren't eye gouging

Ok.

Bret Hart wrote: »

Two nasty digs thrown at the end of the game.

You don't mind people doing someone when game is in balance, but trying to injure someone when result is in bag is just bad form.

I suppose they were lucky that they hadn't their car radios handy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

All Celtic Crosses and GPS units accounted for commander.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

As the kids say 'lol'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Two AI medals in the McCaffrey household in 2017.

And Pillar's niece.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

It's been an incredible year for Dublin GAA. AI club hurling, senior football, U21's and now the ladies doing us proud.

Just as well the hirlers were muck or all those Muldoon's would really be pulling their hair out :)

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Bonniedog wrote: »
    And Pillar's niece.

Few ex players daughters too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement