Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

DoctaDee wrote:
    Pat Gilroy as the new hurling supremo seems to have gained traction once again, interesting to hear Anthony Cunningham maybe coming with him in as a coach.

It's not true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Its in the Heddald, so must be true.

Roche also suggests that Leeroy throwing his GPS is no different to people taking time over substitutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Its in the Heddald, so must be true.

Roche also suggests that Leeroy throwing his GPS is no different to people taking time over substitutions.

Only watched the game back for the first time this evening. Watching it live I was wondering what Leeroy was up to, running towards Rock when he was talking the free. It really was an unbelievably sneaky thing to do.

The kickout immediately afterwards is hilarious though. Like a throw back to the mid 90's. Both sets of players just ran at each other, like they had almost pre-planned it.

In fairness to "Dublin Joe" I thought he set out his stall early in the game and it was better for it.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Stoner wrote: »
    It's not true

I hope it's not, not the Anthony Cunningham bit anyway. I've no problem with the new manager brining in outside help, but not someone who left his former gig under such a cloud. What ever side of the fence you were on with the player heave against him in Galway, his man management and communication skills seem to leave a lot to be desired. There is usually no smoke without fire in these kind of situations imo.

What happens if Dublin players have a problem with specific elements of his coaching, or feel they want to go in a different direction, or they just need better clarity on what he is trying to achieve with them.....what happens then? Will he ruffle feathers the way that he did in Galway? What happens then? Will Pat Gilroy have to play the role of translator or mediator or peacemaker all the time? That will get old in a hurry, no?

It all just has the potential to get very messy imo. Why bring that additional drama on ourselves, especially after the three years of a soap opera we have just had?

ProudDUB wrote:
    It all just has the potential to get very messy imo. Why bring that additional drama on ourselves, especially after the three years of a soap opera we have just had?

It's 100% not true , I'm as certain as Sonny is a Meath Man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I hope it's not, not the Anthony Cunningham bit anyway. I've no problem with the new manager brining in outside help, but not someone who left his former gig under such a cloud. What ever side of the fence you were on with the player heave against him in Galway, his man management and communication skills seem to leave a lot to be desired. There is usually no smoke without fire in these kind of situations imo.

He got that galway team as close to an All Ireland as any manager could, I felt they scape-goated him rather than look in the mirror.

Plus the Galway camp seemed to be rife with drama llamas back then.

PARlance wrote:
    Bad form when a Mayo man has to tell you that he played last weekend against Crokes. Got sent off too for 2 yellows.

It is. He should just read the 42.

That's where I get all the lines for the Mayo ladies.

Lord lamb of Jesus, I see Andy's misses is expecting her second !

Jayzus Stoner, I hope you aren't implying that the lamb of God had a hand in Mrs Moran being in the family way. I know that Mayo people think that Mr Moran can walk on water, but c'mon now. :eek:

Vinnies v Syls on the Eir Sports 2 tellybox now folks, lest ye forget. Commentary from Dave McIntyre and what sounds like Conal Keaney. Thanks be to Christ we're done with Marty Morrissey, Ger Canning and Martin Carney for the year.

(It must be said. But there isn't any malice in it. It must be said. :rolleyes: )

Edit: Is that Jack Sheedy on the Syls sideline?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,189 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Thought the Club games were on the normal Eir channel, they're on Eir 2... bugger that.

Yeah, there's a French football league preview now on Eir Sports. The Dubs champo is on Eir Sports 2

• Advertisement

SWEET SUFFERING JESUS !!!

IS THERE ANY THING, ANY GAME, ANY STATION, ANY PROGRAM...THAT JAMES BLOODY HORAN ISN'T ON THESE DAYS?

EVEN THE DUBLIN CHAMPIONSHIP....THEY COULDN'T FIND A COUPLE OF DUBS? ARE THEY TAKING THE PISS?

IS THERE NO FCUKING GETTING AWAY FROM HIM ????

YES, I KNOW I'M SHOUTING AND THE BOLD LETTERS IS FOR THE MODS WHEN THEY ARE PMS-ING, BUT CHRIST ON A BIKE LIKE....

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

My God James Horan is making another appearance,Paul Flynn doing his bit too.

Anna Geary is pretty ubiquitous too!

Ooooh, swit swoo. Check out the Fancy Dan with the B+ in Honours English in the Leaving. :P

Hopefully the next game will be a bit more competitive.

Two podcasts up on OTB,interviews with Con O Callaghan and Cian O Sullivan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭Gael85

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Jayzus Stoner, I hope you aren't implying that the lamb of God had a hand in Mrs Moran being in the family way. I know that Mayo people think that Mr Moran can walk on water, but c'mon now. :eek:

Vinnies v Syls on the Eir Sports 2 tellybox now folks, lest ye forget. Commentary from Dave McIntyre and what sounds like Conal Keaney. Thanks be to Christ we're done with Marty Morrissey, Ger Canning and Martin Carney for the year.

(It must be said. But there isn't any malice in it. It must be said. :rolleyes: )

Edit: Is that Jack Sheedy on the Syls sideline?

Sheedy is managing Slys this year

That was a competitive game anyway. I thought castleknock would do it at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

That was a competitive game anyway. I thought castleknock would do it at the end.

Castleknock just lack a decent forward or two.

The castleknock goal, that was a great pass in imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Gael85 wrote: »
    Sheedy is managing Slys this year

Niall Guiden is on the line with him too

• Advertisement

Thought Crokes edged it overall,bit more of a cutting edge.Great finish by Mannion.

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Niall Guiden is on the line with him too

And Galvins involved in Syls too?

they'll run out of clubs soon. Galvin is like fkn Tyhpoon Mary :D

The castleknock goal, that was a great pass in imo

Did'nt think he meant it at all.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Thought Crokes edged it overall,bit more of a cutting edge.Great finish by Mannion.

Mannion got them over the line. Sullivan showed why he is top class defender. Pat Burke got great goal and won the winning free, He must be like 85 now :)

Watching Vaughan was like watching Dublin 12/13 years ago.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Mannion got them over the line. Sullivan showed why he is top class defender. Pat Burke got great goal and won the winning free, He must be like 85 now :)

Watching Vaughan was like watching Dublin 12/13 years ago.

Mannion and O Sullivan were exceptional,Vaughan is a mere 31 years of age!Burke played very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Slattsy wrote: »
    Castleknock just lack a decent forward or two.
    Castleknock needed more out of Kilkenny was surprised how subdued he was, Paul Mannions goal the highlight of that game.

Castleknock needed more out of Kilkenny was surprised how subdued he was, Paul Mannions goal the highlight of that game.

Like against Mayo he was well marked. I imagine Sullivan had some input into game plan!

Was interesting to game to watch. Cuala are 9/4 to beat Judes today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Looks like we'll find out who the new manager is soon enough.

Hoganstand is reporting that it'll be put to a vote tonight.

I wasn't. When the inter county season ends, it's very common for the inter county lads to be virtually anonymous in their first game back with their clubs. Some of them take up where they left off, but some of them look as if they are almost in the way, they are so out of sync with their team mates and so off the pace of the game.

I don't know if it is the lack of over all training with their club, or exhaustion setting in after a long year, or something else, but I've often been to club games in October, where Philly, Dermo (prior to this year, where he is obviously fresh as a daisy after playing so little football over the summer) MDMA, Berno, Paddy Andrews etc etc may as well not have been on the pitch at all, for all the use they were to their club when they came back. It's a weird one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

No white smoke from the chapel tonight .. vote was postponed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement