Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I've no loyalty to either side but there was clear intent from the keeper. It was reckless with serious force. Carthy could have been seriously injured. It was a proper clothesline.

Glad to see Judes get a goal to balance the scoreline.

4-12 to 1-12 flatters Vincents, though they were clearly the better team.

Sure we can agree to disagree but i've no allegiance either.

Carthy could have been seriously injured if it was a forcible fore arm to the face but it wasn't. He dragged the chap back by the neck having been beaten to the ball. Won't be a mark on Carthy in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

ProudDUB wrote: »
    It's a little bit sad, how happy a functioning clock at Parnell Park makes me.

It took me a few minutes to notice it. At the time I was think I was cursing myself for not setting my watch to time it as usual. It just shows how much money Dublin gaa is getting :rolleyes:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    I've no loyalty to either side but there was clear intent from the keeper. It was reckless with serious force. Carthy could have been seriously injured. It was a proper clothesline.

Glad to see Judes get a goal to balance the scoreline.

4-12 to 1-12 flatters Vincents, though they were clearly the better team.

Jude's are a couple of ringers short of being a class team. Maybe they could amalgamate with Tempelogue Synge Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Lads, anywhere I can get a match programme from this year's A.I. final?

I left mine in the pub after the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Croke Park shop should have them.

• Advertisement

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Lads, anywhere I can get a match programme from this year's A.I. final?

I left mine in the pub after the game.

Plenty of them on ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Leinster senior football championship draw:

First round

Laois v Wexford

Louth v Carlow

Offaly v Wicklow

Quarter-finals

Laois/Wexford v Westmeath

Louth/Carlow v Kildare

Offaly/Wicklow v Dublin

Longford v Meath

Semi-finals

Laois/Wexford/Westmeath v Louth/Carlow/Kildare

Offaly/Wicklow/Dublin v Longford/Meath

Was hoping for a Dublin v Meath Final.

Leinster SHC round-robin fixtures:

Round 1:

Dublin v Kilkenny

Offaly v Galway

Round 2:

Kilkenny v Offaly

Wexford v Dublin

Round 3:

Offaly v Wexford

Galway v Kilkenny

Round 4:

Dublin v Offaly

Wexford v Galway

Round 5:

Kilkenny v Wexford

Galway v Dublin

Anyone picked up Phillie's book yet ? I've still too get around to watching him on TLLS.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Says a lot for the state of the Aussies Rules junket, that the decision by the Dubs not to make anyone available doesn't even raise an eyebrow around here.

Says a lot for the state of the Aussies Rules junket, that the decision by the Dubs not to make anyone available doesn't even raise an eyebrow around here.

Only went to one, the day Geragthy was clotheslined, and it was waste of a day. Mickey Harte was on the money about it. Counties also copped on that it was free trials for the Aussies. It is awful spectacle and sooner it ends the better. Totally naïve of GAA to have allowed them to hold trials of talented underage players on our pitches. As Dub, last thing I want to see is Clifford lining out against us, but glad he didn't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,189 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I wish Mayo had done the same. The International Rules has run it's course in my book and it's a long enough season as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

PARlance wrote:
    I wish Mayo had done the same. The International Rules has run it's course in my book and it's a long enough season as it is.

Gooch was on to them years ago.

I use to like it but it ended up being embarrassing.

Stoner wrote: »
    Gooch was on to them years ago.

I use to like it but it ended up being embarrassing.

Yeah has no been good for about 15 years

The Aussies started sending over indigenous teams as well to give us a chance at one stage

The Aussies treat it the same way the Dublin football team treat the O'Byrne cup.

For bottom feeder bettors Cuala at 2/9 absolute steal against Vinnies. Crokes should beat Lucan but not as certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

A decent ruck at the Leinster JFC game yesterday - PD's favourite Man O'War and Crossabeg from Wexford. The only advice I'd give the water bottle lad is to have a squint at Sun Tzu's Art of War .. particularly the chapter on picking your fight and ensuring you've adequate back up :D .. in some respects it pales to insignificance compared to the 11 red cards in one of the other games !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Number 15 gets a sly dig in and disappears, typical full forward, just wants the handy finish :D

Like the lad at the end flying in at speed like a kamikaze pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Bambi wrote: »
    Number 15 gets a sly dig in and disappears, typical full forward, just wants the handy finish :D

Like the lad at the end flying in at speed like a kamikaze pilot.

He'd be my 1st pick in the trenches - if I was to be hypercritical he didn't capitalise on the initial rush in with a follow up dig :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

That video made me lol, spat me stout out.

You're man flying in at the end like a wrecking ball. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Man O'War by name. Man O'War by nature ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Man O'War by name. Man O'War by nature ! :D

I don't get it.

Shame on the north county :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

DoctaDee wrote: »
    A decent ruck at the Leinster JFC game yesterday - PD's favourite Man O'War and Crossabeg from Wexford. The only advice I'd give the water bottle lad is to have a squint at Sun Tzu's Art of War .. particularly the chapter on picking your fight and ensuring you've adequate back up :D .. in some respects it pales to insignificance compared to the 11 red cards in one of the other games !

In fairness the water bottle fella seemed to hold his own and was the only one that I could spot in the whole thing who seemed to land a clear punch, at 22 seconds (Not condoning anything)

Man O' War will be like jail house punks when they come back

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Man O' War will be like jail house punks when they come back
    Yellows seemed a bit better behaved. Greens emptied the benches but the blue shorts on the far side didn't rush on (except for two) despite it appearing to be closer to them.

Is it the yellows or greens that you have the grudge/bitterness against?

Is there a longer video? I'd be interested to see for the craic what triggered it? It seemed to have already been going on when video starts. Green manager/official is already over on other side of pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

The chap with the water bottle seemed to be taking it all in in dismay at first. I was filling in the internal monologue...'would you look at these fools acting like children...' then bam he snaps.:pac:

At one stage there's 9 greens barreling towards the small water fella.....They must really not like water

Plenty of sly kicks from the greens as well. Whatever about brawls being unseemly, kicking a fella is dirty.

corny wrote: »
    The chap with the water bottle seemed to be taking it all in in dismay at first. I was filling in the internal monologue...'would you look at these fools acting like children...' then bam he snaps.:pac:

I don't think he snapped. I think he just saw all the "reinforcements" running in together in a little gang and tried to distract them....they then decided to pick on him en-mass rather than actually involve the (presumably fitter and stronger) actual footballers

Yellows seemed a bit better behaved. Greens emptied the benches but the blue shorts on the far side didn't rush on (except for two) despite it appearing to be closer to them.

Is it the yellows or greens that you have the grudge/bitterness against?

Is there a longer video? I'd be interested to see for the craic what triggered it? It seemed to have already been going on when video starts. Green manager/official is already over on other side of pitch.

:) No issue with either. Man O'War are the blue and yellow tops by the way. Would be major loss of face for them to have asses kicked!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Is the Dublin county final been televised tomorrow?

Can't see it anywhere,Eir Sports or TG4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

seligehgit wrote: »
    Is the Dublin county final been televised tomorrow?

Can't see it anywhere,Eir Sports or TG4.

Yeppers. It's showing up on my telly box guide listings on Eir Sports 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Yeppers. It's showing up on my telly box listings on Eir sports.

OK ta for that,it was not on my Eir Sports television listings.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement