Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Nae bother boss. Just prepare yourself for the emotional trauma of witnessing Philly and Dermo go at it* live, in living colour and having to pick a side. It ain't gonna be pretty, if you're from Mayo.

*And by "it" I don't just mean play the actual game. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Thought Connolly was injured and was a doubt after playing the shtick fighting and coming off.

As are both Smalls' for Ballymun, be an awful shame if that bunch all don't play.

Careful there Slatts. The True Gael police will be after ya, if yer tossin' phrases like that around. :rolleyes:

I'll eat my hat if Dermo misses the game. He's ridiculously injury free, considering the punishment he takes. Thank God. We'd never see him, if he was also prone to the usual bumps and bruises that normal humans are. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Slattsy wrote:
    As are both Smalls' for Ballymun, be an awful shame if that bunch all don't play.

Ballymun never seem to get a clear run now since they lost the final vs Bridget's

Either McCarthy or a Small missing, plus Whelan he's missed a few and he's a handy player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

Will there be stand tickets available on the day of the c game. Is a big crowd anticipated.

• Advertisement

kala85 wrote: »
    Will there be stand tickets available on the day of the c game. Is a big crowd anticipated.

No. The stand tickets are all sold out. Yes. A big crowd is expected. Standing room only terrace tickets will be all that's available tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

They would sell this twice over. If you are going, get there early/ Philly and Dermo bigger draw than MacGregor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭kala85

Bonniedog wrote: »
    They would sell this twice over. If you are going, get there early/ Philly and Dermo bigger draw than MacGregor :)

Would the terrace tickets just be standing behind the goals or is there terrace alongside the pitch.

How much does Parnell park hold.

Would it be an option to hold the match in croke park

Would the terrace tickets just be standing behind the goals or is there terrace alongside the pitch.

How much does Parnell park hold.

Would it be an option to hold the match in croke park

If you get there early enough there is terrace on one side. Rare that both goal ends are full but they will be tonight.

Parnell capacity is a bit of a mystery! I'd say it holds somewhere around 12,000. This game could get 20,000 if there was space, but that looks sparse in CP. RDS would be perfect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,759 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

If you get there early enough there is terrace on one side. Rare that both goal ends are full but they will be tonight.

Parnell capacity is a bit of a mystery! I'd say it holds somewhere around 12,000. This game could get 20,000 if there was space, but that looks sparse in CP. RDS would be perfect!

You are right I always thought it was 10,000 but on the world stadium website they list it as 13,500
    https://www.worldstadiumdatabase.com/parnell-park-stadium-dublin-in-ireland.htm

I also enjoyed the picture they used on the website

parnell-park.jpg

Then in another park it is listed as 10k :confused:

http://worldstadiums.com/europe/countries/ireland.shtml

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

This game could get 20,000 if there was space, but that looks sparse in CP. RDS would be perfect!

Can you imagine the uproar if the game was played in the RDS?

You are right I always thought it was 10,000 but on the world stadium website they list it as 13,500
    https://www.worldstadiumdatabase.com/parnell-park-stadium-dublin-in-ireland.htm

I also enjoyed the picture they used on the website

parnell-park.jpg

Hard to judge really as a big crowd can be up to three deep along the walls when everywhere else is full. Good indication of a full house is when the far goal end is full. Atmosphere in a full Parnell is something else. Really looking forward to tonight.

Hard to judge really as a big crowd can be up to three deep along the walls when everywhere else is full. Good indication of a full house is when the far goal end is full. Atmosphere in a full Parnell is something else. Really looking forward to tonight.

Yeah it is my favorite ground great under lights, packed, tight pitch.
    The players are not spared a lot of the comments that would go unheard in bigger grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Is this match available to watch online ?

Can you imagine the uproar if the game was played in the RDS?

Doubt if there would be any really. Leinster Rugby just lease the ground from The Royal Dublin Society for 9 months of the year. They don't own it, nor do they have any say in who gets to use it when they aren't. If Bruce Springsteen, Funderland, UCD's exams & and the Horse Show all get to use the facilities, why not the Philly v Dermo road show, if the need ever arose? Time to put old snobberies to bed methinks...in both directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Is this match available to watch online ?

Or If on radio pls advise!

It's on Dublin City FM @ 103.2

ProudDUB wrote: »
    It's on Dublin City FM @ 103.2

Cheers

Soulsun wrote: »
    Cheers

C'mon the mun

• Advertisement

Would like to see Ballymun win, and they have a full team so I fancy them to win by 2 or 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

Jesus Christ, that's a 'welcome to the game' hit if I've ever seen one. McCarthy levelled him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Hit and a half that Christ , he won't recover

What a hit.

If he did that in an All Ireland final there'd be lads calling for a life long ban lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Ballymun too loose by far

Vinnies very good defensively. Not giving Ballymun a sniff.

Connolly sublime so far.

WTF is Philly at?

seanhynes wrote: »
    Hit and a half that Christ , he won't recover

Eh....remember who his Da is ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Eh....remember who his Da is ! ;)

Your man Mullins can't remember who his own da is right now :D

Only one winner here. Kickhams are lucky not to be buried before the break